Author Topic: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6  (Read 59576 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
The 2nd National Online League of Season 6
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »
Guys,

We are planning on commencing the 2nd league of the season on Sunday 30th September 2012.

But we have a bit of a dilemna in regards to the structure.  We have two options that we have seen can work quite well for our players.

Option A

Keep with the regions format that proved a huge success during the first league, meaning 13 teams will compete each matchday for the 3,2,1 points system.  We would look to keep/recruit captains were necessary and players would be asked to participate for either their local or hometown region.

Option B

Follow the smaller team format used in the succesful National Online Cup.  In this case, we would have teams of between 4-6 (with only the top 4 scores counting).  All players would earn points from 1pt for last place, right upto maximum points for the winner (max score being the number of runners).  The top 4 scorers points would become the teams matchday total and that would be added to their running league total.

Whichever option we go for, the league will run for 15 matchdays, finishing in early February 2013, with added value seats for top teams and top individuals.

So, over to you.  We need some quick feedback over the next few days as to which option you would prefer.  If you say nothing, then you"ll never have a say.

We"re not putting it to the vote, but we"ll use the feedback as a basis for a decision.

All I would add is that we would like a competitive league that is well supported for existing and new players alike.

Many thanks,

Leigh

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
Option A

Positive - Has the benefit of keeping the indenity of the clubs that have been around for several seasons, albeit some a slightly changed bounderies.  League was competitive as ever

Negative - Remains the issue of smaller regions being put at a disadvantage still, players may lose interest/motivation

Option B

Positive - Keeps everyone involved, great format, with smaller teams being more manageable, good team spirits too.

Negative - Loses the regional focus, as most regions get split into 2 or 3 "mini teams" so may dilute the club mentality and as a result going forward, maybe hard to pick this up again, which would be a shame
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Option B for me

RicayBoy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »
Option A but with more and better prizes for individual performance . This will keep players from all teams interested for longer. Option B if you just want to keep a cosy club with your mates as it makes it much harder for new players to APAT to join in.
Proud Member of Team Luton

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
B
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

cundallini

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
A
Deuces never looses

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:10 AM »
Option A is like the one we had on Stars yes?
Well I really did like the online knockout cup, but I think this should be kept more like an inbetween the big ones. It would be nice to have it again, but is time for the big one now from my view.

So normally I would go for A, as it is more likely getting more Players in, as well as far I can remember it had more prizes as well, so there been prizes for the winner and the runner up as well for the first 3 individual players, and I think this is what attracts more Players

My only Prob is even though I would like Option A more, I can not play then  :"( unless it is allowed that European Players join any region of their choice. Which would really be nice, as well in this case would only be 12 teams I guess. And we aren"t this many that suddenly a region gets overflooded. So please make this possible should option A win as I really would like to play and not want to sit here and wait till I have moved next year

kohan

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »

Option A

Positive - Has the benefit of keeping the indenity of the clubs that have been around for several seasons, albeit some a slightly changed bounderies.  League was competitive as ever

Negative - Remains the issue of smaller regions being put at a disadvantage still, players may lose interest/motivation

Option B

Positive - Keeps everyone involved, great format, with smaller teams being more manageable, good team spirits too.

Negative - Loses the regional focus, as most regions get split into 2 or 3 "mini teams" so may dilute the club mentality and as a result going forward, maybe hard to pick this up again, which would be a shame

how can option A be fair when teams have 3 times amount of players as other teams. the main reason the structure was changed for s6 was because certain teams had a huge advantage  because of there team size, but what happened was scotland 107 players  north west 94 south east 89  wales 82  north east 79   then 8 teams under 54/50/47/47/35/34/33/32    
so definitly OPTION B for fair play
2013 wcoap  heads up bronze medalist
2013 home internatiols team event silver medalist
2014  online english silver medalist
2015  wcoap team event silver medalist
2016  wcoap  7 card stud silver medalist
2016european c/ships bronze medalist
2017  uk team c/ship  gold medalist

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
Option B for me!!
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Option B
You can still keep the regional teams but in a "Team A, Team B" that does not mean your best players are in A then B and so on. Keep it to 6 players with 4 scoring, this giving you the option of not having the pressure of playing each week. This will make it a more competitive league as they will not be any domineering team in terms of numbers. Reduce the buy-in to $5, after the first 3 or 4 games players will start to drop off unless they have some points making it $5 may mean they stay around longer. Possibly have a different game something like have 2 NLH then a Omaha then 2 NLH then Stud. The disadvantage is that when the league gets going, they will be no room for new players to join unless some teams have 4 or 5 players.      

If you have teams of 6 then the prize should be for 6 no matter how many points they have individual scored (It"s a team game)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:40:38 AM by nosey-p »

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »
Plus if you keep teams within a team then you would only have 13 captains to deal with instead of 30 or 40 different opinions on how the league should be run.   :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »

it makes it much harder for new players to APAT to join in.

Was going to say B, but that it a good point. So, undecided so far.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Dodger

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 10:43:07 AM »
Option A for me too.
I was attracted my the relative anonymity of playing in a large team.
Playing option B will demand more proactivity and will put many newcomers off the league.

Additionally I was disappointed with my performance last year and dearly wish to do my bit for the team this time round.

Also I"m on holiday first two weeks so unsure what games I will play in early doors...this doesn"t matter much in a big squad but would be dire stuff if only 6 players in the team.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 11:48:56 AM »

I was attracted my the relative anonymity of playing in a large team.
Playing option B will demand more proactivity and will put many newcomers off the league.

Option B for me. Really enjoyed the last Online cup.

However can see that this may put off newcomers to the league. If the brains can put their heads together to get round this somehow then its a winner.

Leigh.... Brains... x

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148