Author Topic: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6  (Read 59649 times)

Starshine

• Silver Member
Re: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05:11 PM »
I think some are put of by A cause last time where we had it, have been this really huge teams like scots with 107 players or what it was, why not limit Option A to 50 or 40 players max a team, and if there is a region with more players, make a second team this region like Scotland A and Scotland B by example

The small team thing was fine as it was, going just over a few playdays

I think going 15 games with 6 players only is pretty tough

So as said before best would be doing both in exchange, we had small, now big, than small again

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »

My only Prob is even though I would like Option A more, I can not play then  :"( unless it is allowed that European Players join any region of their choice. Which would really be nice, as well in this case would only be 12 teams I guess. And we aren"t this many that suddenly a region gets overflooded. So please make this possible should option A win as I really would like to play and not want to sit here and wait till I have moved next year

Gina.. the North East team would love to have you if the decision is Option A... although wasn"t there a European team last time around? x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
Great feedback guys, a few thoughts from me as this unfolds

With the regions option, what would make players want to play right up until the end of the league (assuming your team isn"t in the running for top honours) ?

The smaller team option B wouldn"t be Region specific.  What would stop new players from joining a smaller team as opposed from joining a region ?

Yorkshire Pudding

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:41 PM »
How about option A+B?

We have the same regions as last year as to keep the bragging rights and competitiveness -- plus so we can all see YORKSHIRE at the top of the tree -- but each region is split into splinter groups if you like. This way regions such as the Welsh (boooo) and the Scots (boooo x2) aren"t necessarily at a huge advantage by having 2/3 of the entrants on their side.

Have Option B for the main prizes etc and Option A for pure bragging rights, the fun element and the chance to see the greatness of the White Rose army shine through. Aye by gum.

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »

Great feedback guys, a few thoughts from me as this unfolds

The smaller team option B wouldn"t be Region specific.  What would stop new players from joining a smaller team as opposed from joining a region ?

I think with Option A you get far more Players in like we had last time on Stars,
the Knockout cup was great and I really enjoyed it, but I found it a shame that it did not attract to many players

More Players normally means more prizes, correct me if I am wrong, as well a bigger cashpot
And more prizes and more cash are more likely to attract someone, old or new player to join, well in most cases, some might only play as a medal could be won  ;)

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:17 PM »

Gina.. the North East team would love to have you if the decision is Option A... although wasn"t there a European team last time around? x

aww thank you Phil
I hope though that when Option A wins, the europeans are free to choose, and i hopefully could play with east midlands, this was the team i played first for when there was apat on betfair with 3 divisions

and yes  ;D there was a European team and it was an interesting experience to play for them, as we had play days with only 2 or 3 players. It is not a secret as I had stated it before that I rather not play at all than to play there again. It wasnt much of a team, just a bunch of people from several countries, who not appeared most times. So I count playing for "Team" Europe as an experience I only need once in my life.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »

plus so we can all see YORKSHIRE at the top of the tree..

Yorkshire? Hang on.. just need to check... Yip...

Apparently the "North East" were the best team in the league last year*

*who werent an actual country  ;)

With the regions option, what would make players want to play right up until the end of the league (assuming your team isn"t in the running for top honours) ?

Getting people to play as the weeks go by.. its either for pride or gain Leigh..

Gain.. A case of spreading the winnings further down the league (e.g. Premier league where each place means the difference of a few quid).. totally dependant on budget I know. Tough one also not to dilute the winners prizes. The longer the league in weeks, the greater the risk of people losing the love.

Pride.. if you are 1 out of 50 representing your region it means less than if you are 1 out of 6 (6 being a for example) representing your region. Players can easily take the line "oh well it wont matter if I dont play this week, theres plenty of others.. plus we"re out of it in the league anyway" if they are part of a huge group of players.. but being part of a smaller knit group / team its means more and will mean they"re more likely to play till the end.

x

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »
Option A for me, like the "regional identity" and as has already been touched on, I think if you lost that it would be hard to get it back should the "option B" not turn out as hoped!
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

Option A for me, like the "regional identity" and as has already been touched on, I think if you lost that it would be hard to get it back should the "option B" not turn out as hoped!

Really? Would everyone forget where they live?
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »

Really? Would everyone forget where they live?

Often.

But the beerbus is always at hand.

Urban Dictionary :

"A common method of getting home after a long night on the turps. Essentially means walking, however the state of intoxication means that you will usually have no recollection of the journey on the beer bus, but will instead wake up wondering how you got home, undressed and into bed.

Riders of the beer bus may also wake up with a memento of their travels, possibly a traffic cone or road sign."

x

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
I would like to opt for B..

My only worry though is that towards the latter part of the season with teams who are mid table and below are going to lose interest and the numbers are going to drop off.
Personally if I was in one of these teams I would play every game regardless of position, but it"s hard to keep everyone focused if they realise they have 0% chance..
Dunno if I"m complicating matters but just a thought, what about if when the season is 50% completed the teams are split into 2 separate leagues?  So if there was say 50 teams competing the top 25 teams then form a new league and play on to the end of season, and bottom 25 do the same.. Or you could even then seed the teams to re draw, but I don"t know if this would complicate it to much.. I guess this idea is solely dependant on what added prizes APAT had in mind from the start? As you would have to have two lots of added prizes, or then have a playoff between the top two teams from each league for the single prize..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 13:15:59 PM »
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 14:07:12 PM »
I like B best.

You could also have an ongoing players market for any new players wanting to join. Once it has 4 players a new team can be formed with the option of adding 2 more players. Missing the first few games would not be an issue in a league over 15 weeks but perhaps the new teams could have some points to kickstart if they join late?

I would also like to see the buyin dropped to 5 euros if plan B is chosen. In a team with only 6 players, points will be essential so it makes sense to register and blind away if you cant play. I wouldn"t mind doing this so much for a fiver but would be reluctant to throw a tenner away.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 14:15:35 PM by suzanne »

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 17:06:37 PM »
Great points from everyone so its time for my say,
Personally if A gets dropped then Apat will lose the numbers over time and eventually it could turn out to be a backward step for the forum. You have to keep the regions to keep the interest internationally.

I loved the national online cup so keep this in between the seasons to keep interest. It goes to show that even though my East Mids team came 8th in the National league we did manage to get to the final of the online cup.

I think a possible solution would be either go back to a two league format with relegation and promotion OR split the league into a champions/europa league format to make it fair to the bottom half of the teams but with obviously bigger prizes for the top league.

so i agree with A..B and hopefully with my solution C  :-\

ps, MANY THANKS GINA FOR YOUR LOYALTY TO THE EAST MIDLANDS TEAM  ;)

Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 17:36:57 PM »

Great points from everyone so its time for my say,
Personally if A gets dropped then Apat will lose the numbers over time and eventually it could turn out to be a backward step for the forum. You have to keep the regions to keep the interest internationally.

"A" for me but will play regardless