Author Topic: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6  (Read 59571 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: The 2nd National Online League of Season 6
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 15:01:50 PM »
Oh, and I"m still trying to sort the technical glitch before i can announce any details.  Just in case anyone was interested.   ;)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 15:02:16 PM »

Details of the 2nd league have been finalised, I"m just waiting on a technical glitch to be resolved and I"ll post up the announcement.

WEEEEE bring it on! ;)
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 15:22:47 PM »

Attract new players...IDK, but then again IDK how they attracted new players with the previous format. Actually, not true, I was in Cork watching Frank go from table to table asking every player if the would like "to play for Ireland" and how their eyes lit up at the thought of representing their country. I assume the Wales and Scotland requests were met with something similar. I imagine Curly going round asking "How would you like to play for the South East, not including London" would not get the same reaction.

^^This

I think this gets overlooked (conveniently by those that benefit) but is a critical factor. Personally, I play for the West Mids region, but only because I"m in the catchment (and have a few mates that also play there).... but it"s not the same emotional attachment that one gets when "playing for their country" - and that is why I never liked the rule change that created the country teams.... the playing field is uneven. Where is team England?

Not trying to re-open the old debate (before Gordon jumps down my throat), but it is an opinion. I will just get on an play whatever APAT put before us.

I would never jump down your throat fella. i loves ya too much. x

So how do you explain North West, North East  and South East being able to recruit decent numbers but the others not being able to from, in some cases, much larger population pools? Personally I think it"s because they actually tried to recruit instead of moaning, but then I always try and look on the positive. :)

p.s. I notice how you haven"t bothered to reply to my reply to your other post which blew your theory out of the water, sigh.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 15:27:58 PM by GiMac »

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 15:24:04 PM »

Attract new players...IDK, but then again IDK how they attracted new players with the previous format. Actually, not true, I was in Cork watching Frank go from table to table asking every player if the would like "to play for Ireland" and how their eyes lit up at the thought of representing their country. I assume the Wales and Scotland requests were met with something similar. I imagine Curly going round asking "How would you like to play for the South East, not including London" would not get the same reaction.

^^This

I think this gets overlooked (conveniently by those that benefit) but is a critical factor. Personally, I play for the West Mids region, but only because I"m in the catchment (and have a few mates that also play there).... but it"s not the same emotional attachment that one gets when "playing for their country" - and that is why I never liked the rule change that created the country teams.... the playing field is uneven. Where is team England?

Not trying to re-open the old debate (before Gordon jumps down my throat), but it is an opinion. I will just get on an play whatever APAT put before us.

Normally at the bar  ;)

Serving obviously, cos they are lightweight when it comes to drinking. ;)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 17:00:30 PM »

how would your solution still retain the benefits the vast majority of us enjoyed of the last one. but instead you choose to denigrate the last one, I think that answers my question. Thanks.

Let me spell it out.....It wouldn"t have to do anything to match the "banter", "buzz" or "rivalry" I felt from the last one....not denigrating, just how it was for me.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 17:12:17 PM »

how would your solution still retain the benefits the vast majority of us enjoyed of the last one. but instead you choose to denigrate the last one, I think that answers my question. Thanks.

Let me spell it out.....It wouldn"t have to do anything to match the "banter", "buzz" or "rivalry" I felt from the last one....not denigrating, just how it was for me.

I genuinely feel sorry for you then, as you are really missing out.  :"( :"( :"(

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 17:34:28 PM »

Not going to go into all the negativity surrounding team sizes etc. guys as it seems to be a recurring (nonsensical) theme. All I will say is why not put that energy into doing as Team Scotland and others have done and get recruiting

I read in this thread how much of an advantage Scotland , Wales etc had with team size , can i just say that we grew that size from nothing a couple of years ago through recruitment and promotion, to the team it was last year , and resent the comments of unfairness made.

Are we really going to go back down this road again , it seems that this discussion arises in between every league break and is becoming tedious to say the least.

APAT has asked for a discussion, which is why there is one. You can"t close it down because you don"t like what people are saying. I don"t recall seeing negative statements, as you claim, apart from your own. What I have seen is people putting forward constructive ideas.

And the idea that other regions can go and recruit members like Scotland supposedly did is unfeasible. They don"t have the inherent advantage that Scotland has of people who grew up there but live somewhere else wanting to play for them.

You would like to keep this advantage. You can post your views to try to achieve that, but other people are entitled to post theirs, whether you resent it or not.

Firstly for the record I resent nothing. Theres no negativity intended in my post and if you read it that way then hey ho. The negativity is in the whole ridiculous argument of team sizes (in my opinion) ;) it"s just getting boring.  Secondly why wouldn"t we want to keep an advantage that WE worked hard to build from nothing through the same avenues available to everyone on every team?? It"s perfectly feasible for every team to build this way and I would urge everyone to do it..... we welcome the chase ;D

Sef, this is not aimed at you personally in any way whatsoever, this is exactly what we said about our Luton team before it all changed and we were told it had to change. If it"s OK now why wasn"t it OK then is my point? Our team was split into at least 3 if not 4 regions, the comradery we had has gone, although friendships remain, but half of my friends don"t play any more because the "team" element they enjoyed is just not there anymore.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 17:57:15 PM »

Sef, this is not aimed at you personally in any way whatsoever, this is exactly what we said about our Luton team before it all changed and we were told it had to change. If it"s OK now why wasn"t it OK then is my point? Our team was split into at least 3 if not 4 regions, the comradery we had has gone, although friendships remain, but half of my friends don"t play any more because the "team" element they enjoyed is just not there anymore.

Since when was Luton a region of anywhere?

(Important User Advice: The above comment was made with my tongue fully in my cheek and anyone reading it should do so in the way it was intended and take no offence, as none is intended. ;) )

Seriously though, those that say that Scotland or Wales have an inherent advantage are simply talking complete and utter ******. Most of the other regions have the same if not larger population pools to choose from and if it was that hard, how come the north West, South East & North East have had no problems in recruiting & increasing their team sizes? Why not ask them, but i bet the answer will be they actively recruited instead of just moaning.  ::)

(Important User Advice: This comment should be taken as read & any offence implied or indicated is fully meant ;) )

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2012, 18:00:45 PM »

I genuinely feel sorry for you then, as you are really missing out.  :"( :"( :"(

Missing out on on calling people "sheep shaggers" or "poofs"? I"m very happy to miss out, thank you very much
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2012, 18:04:40 PM »

Missing out on on calling people "sheep shaggers" or "poofs"? I"m very happy to miss out, thank you very much

Yea you seem like the sort of person where banter would just fly right over your head. You probably sit frowning at the poker table too instead of enjoying yourself. Take a chill pill, relax and enjoy yourself fella. Thats what it"s supposed to be about.  8)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2012, 18:08:09 PM »

Not going to go into all the negativity surrounding team sizes etc. guys as it seems to be a recurring (nonsensical) theme. All I will say is why not put that energy into doing as Team Scotland and others have done and get recruiting

I read in this thread how much of an advantage Scotland , Wales etc had with team size , can i just say that we grew that size from nothing a couple of years ago through recruitment and promotion, to the team it was last year , and resent the comments of unfairness made.

Are we really going to go back down this road again , it seems that this discussion arises in between every league break and is becoming tedious to say the least.

APAT has asked for a discussion, which is why there is one. You can"t close it down because you don"t like what people are saying. I don"t recall seeing negative statements, as you claim, apart from your own. What I have seen is people putting forward constructive ideas.

And the idea that other regions can go and recruit members like Scotland supposedly did is unfeasible. They don"t have the inherent advantage that Scotland has of people who grew up there but live somewhere else wanting to play for them.

You would like to keep this advantage. You can post your views to try to achieve that, but other people are entitled to post theirs, whether you resent it or not.

Firstly for the record I resent nothing. Theres no negativity intended in my post and if you read it that way then hey ho. The negativity is in the whole ridiculous argument of team sizes (in my opinion) ;) it"s just getting boring.  Secondly why wouldn"t we want to keep an advantage that WE worked hard to build from nothing through the same avenues available to everyone on every team?? It"s perfectly feasible for every team to build this way and I would urge everyone to do it..... we welcome the chase ;D

Np mate luton n scotland v the rest then? Or would we have too many people? hmmmm lol ;)

I was still fairly new to APAT then but Believe it or not, we (Glasgow) were happy the way it was before aswell, our team were looking forward to going up to Div one after again building a decent team that got us there. Then it was that we had too many players (ring a bell?) We were made to start again and get another team together and we got on with it and did get another strong team together. I get what you are saying but Are we just gonna keep asking to change it to the point where we have capped teams and defeating all purpose of what APAT do?

My main point is that everyone has the same avenues to build new teams and forge new friendships and comradery which we have done first hand. So for some to say "they got more people that aint fair" is just poor losing IMO build to compete dont complain to deplete should be the new motto. lol  ;D

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2012, 18:08:47 PM »

In addition I certainly am not homophobic in any way shape or form, so request that you retract the insinuation that I am. Altho to be fair I am pretty anti animal cruelty and if you have seen any of the Welsh team you will know what I mean.  ;D

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2012, 18:10:21 PM »

Yea you seem like the sort of person where banter would just fly right over your head. You probably sit frowning at the poker table too instead of enjoying yourself. Take a chill pill, relax and enjoy yourself fella. Thats what it"s supposed to be about.  8)

In fairness, they are sheepshaggers n poofs so I dont see the issue!?!?! heehee

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2012, 18:12:12 PM »
Thread locked, pending league accouncement.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 18:22:59 PM »