Author Topic: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...  (Read 50750 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2012, 08:53:42 AM »

Leigh, just a question , in the last league we posted names alias etc on site , as now on different one will there be any problems with different aliases etc

Player Directory

We will be copying this into a forum thread, so it is sorted alpha and by region, but the totally live list is linked as above.
I have joined Poker.co.uk in order to play in matchday 6 for South East. I went to private tournements lots of apat listed there but no matchday. can you help explain how to register for Sunday 30th please.
andantemoto/pianissimo37

Marian, it takes three days after joining the poker-room before the APAT games appear on your lobby. Seems you"ve missed out this week but better luck for the next one.

I joined the poker room last week luckily John, only hadn"t entered my player name or loaded cash. Anyway I eventually found the tournement. I shall be playing this evening. I do have some trouble with posting on this forum. An old lady"s excuse.

See what I mean? I"ve fixed your post for you, Marian, so it makes sense to people.

Marian is one of the..........er, more senior players in APAT; probably the most senior player to have won an online league tournament. Don"t be fooled by her "old lady" routine - as well as her 1st place, she has had several other top-5 finishes and finished 10th overall in the National League individual rankings in Season 5.

This is her around the time of her win. Of course she was a bit younger then:

5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2012, 19:28:57 PM »
Hand for hand from 31 down to 10 is gonna be fun and very quick!!

correction 21 to 10
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2012, 19:31:32 PM »

Hand for hand from 31 down to 10 is gonna be fun and very quick!!

It"s H4H at 31, and then again at 21 until FT, but I take your point.  No real need for it.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2012, 19:33:20 PM »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2012, 23:11:33 PM »
This H4H all the way down to final table is just plain ridiculous, and totally unnecessary.   zzzzzzzzz

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2012, 00:58:55 AM »

This H4H all the way down to final table is just plain ridiculous, and totally unnecessary.   zzzzzzzzz

^^^^this^^^^^

APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 01:28:54 AM »
OTOH, it did give players time to keep up to date with the tremendously exciting conclusion to the Ryder Cup. ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2012, 21:37:35 PM »
Just on another note, IMO it felt a bit counter productive to me at the FT, when a player no longer in the tournament commented " How is Grant getting away with this?" in the chat box, after I"d taken 3 pots uncontested to a raise. I know it"s just meant as a bit of craic between APAT regs, but It"s bad etiquette TBH so please keep any comments like this very general in future, therefore not highlighting any individual & eave that to the players at the table to figure out  ::)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 22:15:10 PM »

Just on another note, IMO it felt a bit counter productive to me at the FT, when a player no longer in the tournament commented " How is Grant getting away with this?" in the chat box, after I"d taken 3 pots uncontested to a raise. I know it"s just meant as a bit of craic between APAT regs, but It"s bad etiquette TBH so please keep any comments like this very general in future, therefore not highlighting any individual & eave that to the players at the table to figure out  ::)

Oh God, that was me as well. Sorry Grant, can"t promise anything on that.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 22:36:13 PM »

TBF Grant he was only stating the bleedin obvious! Hence why I was so shocked on the one occasion when I eventually shoved back that you had an A  ;D
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 22:57:24 PM »

TBF Grant he was only stating the bleedin obvious! Hence why I was so shocked on the one occasion when I eventually shoved back that you had an A  ;D

Agreed Andy. Even though on those 3 particular occasions I had 10/10, AJ & KK there were obviously other occasions with open spots in position where I was raising fairly light when we were at the FT. My point is just that chat from observers should really just be kept fairly general and not directed at any individual. John, I know it"s just some general banter and winding-up between regulars but some of these guys at the FT weren"t regulars and I"d rather not give them any licence to target me in any way. Andy, your KJ played itself against me with the stack you had, no argument there whatsoever mate, nice flop for me, nice river for you 8)

GL in week 2, looking forward to it  ;)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »
I didn"t particularly appreciate the very un-APAT like chat box comments from one particular London player when I busted him. Having stuck his stack in on the flop as a ~15% underdog and lost, his tirade was just out of order and unnecessary.

Would love to come across one of these numpties at a live table and to see them shoot similar abuse. Never gonna happen though - they"re never that brave.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »

I didn"t particularly appreciate the very un-APAT like chat box comments from one particular London player when I busted him. Having stuck his stack in on the flop as a ~15% underdog and lost, his tirade was just out of order and unnecessary.

Would love to come across one of these numpties at a live table and to see them shoot similar abuse. Never gonna happen though - they"re never that brave.

There was a lot of that on my first table, with full throttle swearing too. Doesn"t bother me at all, but interesting that this site seems to allow it.

While we"re discussing chat-box comments, could the Scottish team please learn to say something apart from "Do what you do" every time a Scottish player wins a pot on the final table? It was vaguely amusing the first two or three times, boring by the fifth or sixth time and very boring by the tenth time. You"re an articulate guy, Grant - could you teach your colleagues a few other cliches so they don"t have to rely on just the one?

Pianissimo37

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

Oh God, that was me as well. Sorry Grant, can"t promise anything on that.
Naughty John, and if you show that horrible picture of me again------------------?
Did my best for SE but was card dead most of the time.  

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »

There was a lot of that on my first table, with full throttle swearing too. Doesn"t bother me at all, but interesting that this site seems to allow it.

While we"re discussing chat-box comments, could the Scottish team please learn to say something apart from "Do what you do" every time a Scottish player wins a pot on the final table? It was vaguely amusing the first two or three times, boring by the fifth or sixth time and very boring by the tenth time. You"re an articulate guy, Grant - could you teach your colleagues a few other cliches so they don"t have to rely on just the one?

That"s just an unfortunate bad Charlie Sheen style catch phrase now that"s stuck since the team event at DTD John , I"m sure some others are happier that this has replaced a few other choice cliches that were used in league 1 but directed at other teams" members  ;) Let"s just keep them directing stuff at their own team mates for the time being at least  ;D