Author Topic: Just happened!!  (Read 9164 times)

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: Just happened!!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 23:06:16 PM »

Sigh sorry, messed up OP with my fat thumbs on iPhone. Flop was a  4s not  4c lol . Sorry

Even more reason to fold way before you did imo

Ok I just realised you had a FD on turn but actually think I fold flop after a bet and a call. Also disagree with Rob that if you call turn you call river (unless your opponents in the hand are maniacs/messing about/don"t like money). The chances of both opponents turning up with worse should be really small.

The reason I said that no FD on flop was a bigger reason to fold is that there are less busted draws in opponents range.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 23:45:03 PM »
Cheers for responses.

Dave is VERY loose in general, his raise UTG means very little, and i was definately more worried about the other guy, who is generally fairly weak passive.

When the flop is bet and called I called as it felt like folding top pair here was a bit silly.

On the turn, i pick up the NFD, and still felt like if i hit my 7 i was good and any spade would be awesome.

When Dave bet the river, i was ready to snap him off, but when Terry flatted AGAIN it was obv i was behind IMO

Dave showed A6 and terry had KJ.

Sigh. GG stu.

Dave told me afterwards that he would have been aiming lots of chips towards the middle on the turn. I personally was looking for a flush or a 7, so wasnt keen on going bezerk. Nitty?

I fully understand Robs view that after calling turn i should be calling blank rivers, and tbh i didnt even think about the odds i was getting on the turn for my outs, and i certainly didnt expect terry to be calling.

In hinsight, pooooooor play (again) fat lad.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 00:14:55 AM »
Is this the same game Ger, Paulie, Holdy and I are going to bring our "special" stylees to next week?????
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 00:41:00 AM »

Is this the same game Ger, Paulie, Holdy and I are going to bring our "special" stylees to next week?????

It is indeed, but unless late reg is allowed at 11pm it won"t include me next week :(
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 00:58:33 AM »

Cheers for responses.

Dave is VERY loose in general, his raise UTG means very little, and i was definately more worried about the other guy, who is generally fairly weak passive.  Lies, damned lies!!

In hinsight, pooooooor play (again) fat lad.  QFT

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
Stu

There are likely to be so many level"s to this hand that we just can"t assess on a forum. What we actually have is two good players who play against each other all the time. It is unlikely that any of us are able to assess this situation better than you. I will try though.

I would say that the raise UTG does mean that he hs some kind of hand and not total air. I am not sure I like the flat pre with your hand I would be more likely to raise or fold this would depend on stack size. There is dead money in there with the MP caller.

On the flop we are either way ahead or way behind I think. So your flat call is fine because a better hand just calls you and a worse hand folds if you raise. I hate the fact the MP caller has called btw, there are no draws really.

David"s turn bet does not seem that strong to be honest but he really could have a better ace here. If it was just you and him I would probably call. The fact MP keeps calling is a worry to me though. The flush draw is not worth that much on the turn and I tend to think I am either beaten by a better ace from David whioch is possible given his slightly tighter range from UTG and the fact the MP players keeps coming along also makes me think he could have a better ace or a monster that he is playing strangely as there is a chance you are going to take off and make some kind of play at the pot. I assume you are not deep enough to chase the flush. Your hand is weak against the ranges that they have.

The river is an easy fold (not that I am saying I always make it). I also don"t agree that calling the turn means we have to call the river. All we beat on the river is a bluff and I don"t think David tries too many 3 barrell bluffs into two players here.

What are the stack sizes? They make a massive difference to the best play on most streets here.

Any non result orientated reasons please?

All in pre. Rebuy. More beer x

This is obviously the best response

Yeah you are all "special" :D :D :D
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
Fold Pre

End.
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 13:14:08 PM »

Any non result orientated reasons please?

All in pre. Rebuy. More beer x

Stu definitely didn"t need any more beer at that stage...  ;)

These were needed

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 16:24:55 PM »
Is this full ring?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 22:27:13 PM »

Is this full ring?

8 handed, but seriously, not worth analysing it, my play on a Thursday is so specific to the event and the mood I"m in on that particular evening.
Last night I"d tripled up within the first two 20min levels and was flying. I"d have raised Mr Bun the Baker and a UNO red triangle utg vs Stu"s BB after he"d challenged me not to...

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »
Fold pre. Or 3-bet. Flatting oop is just asking to get in this kind of situation.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 13:43:18 PM »

Fold pre. Or 3-bet. Flatting oop is just asking to get in this kind of situation.

All 3 options are fine if your hand reading is ok
Looking forward to making my first day 2

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 17:57:15 PM »

All 3 options are fine if your hand reading is ok

Well, firstly most people overrate their hand reading skills. As much as everyone wants to be Negreanu or Dwan, basically we"re not.

Most importantly, given he"s posting on here I"d say he got into a situation where he didn"t know what to do. Hence flatting oop against two players is horrible as you"re just asking to get yourself in this exact pickle. Aside from 2 or 3 spades or an ace and a 7 or two 7"s what flop do you really want to see?

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 17:00:13 PM »
Fold Pre, Maybe fold flop depending on raisers cbet % and flatters rep [ Hes called pre whats his range? Does he float call with marginal hands on the turn like 67 etc ? ] 100% fold turn your never good unless real random specific hands!

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 07:18:49 AM »

Fold Pre, Maybe fold flop depending on raisers cbet % and flatters rep [ Hes called pre whats his range? Does he float call with marginal hands on the turn like 67 etc ? ] 100% fold turn your never good unless real random specific hands!

Lol I"d forgotten this thread.