Author Topic: Game 5 04/11/2012  (Read 12622 times)

Zukertort

• Silver Member
Re: Game 5 04/11/2012
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 21:27:27 PM »
Did my best, but most of the time thats not enough!? Best of luck to those left in. We all try to make the best decisions for ourselves and the team. Some we get right, some we don"t and some are damned either way. If a teamate takes me out with a premium hand when i"m shortstacked & all in, then thats fine by me.
I would rather a teamate carries my chips on to bigger things, than donate them to another team.

Good luck all............Kevin

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 21:55:32 PM »
Quote by Wayne regarding team play.

"If you are chipped up and a teammate moves all-in,  you have AK then that"s a fold for me."

This is why i 3 bet all in as you could easily afford to lose 600 chips where they were very valuable to my stack with the blinds and antes. Also it would not have looked dodgy as you were not getting 2/1 on the pot.

Obviously i am taking the team play too seriously. I folded pocket pairs on a number of occasions after a raise from a teammate so not to set mine and stack them.

Last week it was pointed out on here that a teammate folded AA pre to help another team member.

I will go back to ignoring who my teammates are and help the team by playing my own game as an individual.

I am not having a go Wayne. In hindsight do you not agree the team would have benifit more by you folding?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 21:57:25 PM »
AcesSteve
FEFelson
Mr-Nosey-P
rejmakPL
runadrum2

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 21:59:13 PM »

"If you are chipped up and a teammate moves all-in,  you have AK then that"s a fold for me."

This is why i 3 bet all in as you could easily afford to lose 600 chips where they were very valuable to my stack with the blinds and antes. Also it would not have looked dodgy as you were not getting 2/1 on the pot.

Obviously i am taking the team play too seriously. I folded pocket pairs on a number of occasions after a raise from a teammate so not to set mine and stack them.

Last week it was pointed out on here that a teammate folded AA pre to help another team member.

I will go back to ignoring who my teammates are and help the team by playing my own game as an individual.

I am not having a go Wayne. In hindsight do you not agree the team would have benifit more by you folding?

i will answer this when i have more time

sjb

• Bronze Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 22:26:54 PM »
Done, card dead for last hour and half, culminating in  my AQ vs a shortstack KJ, he called and spiked a K.

GL everyone left....

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 22:57:31 PM »
FEFelson  34k 8th
runadrum2  46k  4th

average 37k

15 left

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 23:48:20 PM »

This was a 50/50 for me, yes I could have folded but the reason why I didn"t.

Blinds 150/300 I had 8800 I raised to 600, if I fold then I have about 26 BB next level 200/400 I have 20 BB this is not deep stacked. I always said that I cannot fold AA ok this is KK. AK is only ace high allot easy to lay down. We was still 45 places away from the points so at this point not really thinking of points. Plus with me raising in the first place was telling you that I had a hand (was not running a bluff). I don"t like taking team mates out, I have and will in the future lay down hands if I think the situation calls for it. Unfortunately we will take each other out from time to time, we are getting a very good turnout each week which means we will be sat at the same table more so the chances are that hands will clash. I always said that hands will clash but don"t run bluffs against team mates ( I wasn"t). The AA from last week is a different situation as they was already in the points and fighting for the team. I know it hurts when a team mate knocks you out (it"s happened to me several times and will again)

I have always said that you play your own game, just don"t run bluffs against each other and I still stand by that. You pay for your chips it"s up to you how you use them

I haven"t taken it to hart, it"s good that you feel so passionate about it. 

So, I"m sorry to take you out but now I have thought about it, I would still call in that situation. If I had an extra 4/5k then I may have folded    

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
EFEelson  14th  6pts
runadrum 10th  9pts

No team points this week

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 06:57:25 AM »
Hard luck guys, well done to those in the points. I never really got going always hovering around the 10k and then went severely card dead when it mattered. There"s always next week to get it going again!!
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:09 AM »

This was a 50/50 for me, yes I could have folded but the reason why I didn"t.

Blinds 150/300 I had 8800 I raised to 600, if I fold then I have about 26 BB next level 200/400 I have 20 BB this is not deep stacked. I always said that I cannot fold AA ok this is KK. AK is only ace high allot easy to lay down. We was still 45 places away from the points so at this point not really thinking of points. Plus with me raising in the first place was telling you that I had a hand (was not running a bluff). I don"t like taking team mates out, I have and will in the future lay down hands if I think the situation calls for it. Unfortunately we will take each other out from time to time, we are getting a very good turnout each week which means we will be sat at the same table more so the chances are that hands will clash. I always said that hands will clash but don"t run bluffs against team mates ( I wasn"t). The AA from last week is a different situation as they was already in the points and fighting for the team. I know it hurts when a team mate knocks you out (it"s happened to me several times and will again)

I have always said that you play your own game, just don"t run bluffs against each other and I still stand by that. You pay for your chips it"s up to you how you use them

I haven"t taken it to hart, it"s good that you feel so passionate about it. 

So, I"m sorry to take you out but now I have thought about it, I would still call in that situation. If I had an extra 4/5k then I may have folded    

Thanks for taking the time to clarify your thoughts mate. This does help alot. I will adjust my play accordingly. I knew you had a big hand and just took the team aspect a bit too far. Roll on next week.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 11:27:40 AM »
The one thing that I could have done is made the raise bigger so you would have known that I was not folding, but was trying to get someone else in the pot, did not think it would be you :(

ooblio

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »

The one thing that I could have done is made the raise bigger so you would have known that I was not folding, but was trying to get someone else in the pot, did not think it would be you :(

I tried that a couple of weeks ago. doesn"t work!!!  ::)

runadrum

• Bronze Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 17:42:45 PM »
Sorry about my 10th - should have been better.

I lost what felt like consecutive hands with AK v QJ followed by A5 v A8 and then lost patience pushing all in from the button with 49 when could have regrouped and at least hung on a little longer.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 11:52:57 AM »

Sorry about my 10th - should have been better.

I lost what felt like consecutive hands with AK v QJ followed by A5 v A8 and then lost patience pushing all in from the button with 49 when could have regrouped and at least hung on a little longer.

Duncan, this is your 2nd FT in 5 games, no need to be sorry

jockey

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2012, 15:35:27 PM »
well done to everyone who played lets keep it up,roll on sunday
Yorkshire team member luton 2013 
UKCOAP GOLD MEDAL WINNER 2013                                                                    LBPN team member stoke 2014
LBPN team member Manchester 2014 LBPN team member 16/17.
PUNTERS LOUNGE TEAM GOLD MEDAL WINNERS 2018