Author Topic: Fatcatstu's Omahahahaha Emporium  (Read 6327 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Fatcatstu's Omahahahaha Emporium
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 19:27:03 PM »
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 22:18:19 PM »
Not a Scooby Doo to be honest.

Raise Pre should indicate some kind of hand so rundown/pair/broadways.

Flop is good for broadway type hands and also can make a set for a lot of the pairs he can have, sets can"t feel too confident on that board though. He could also have two pair although that is not that strong of a hand on that board. AAxx with flush draw is also very possible.

When you bet (pretty big) and he calls I agree that a flush draw is possible. He can also have a set though, I am pretty sure AQxx SHOULD raise does not mean it does of course. He could also have a monster like KKxx or AQxx with the flush draw which is pretty bad for us.

When the board pairs I really think Full houses should be looking to get money in but he could be going for the check/raise. I like your check here.

When he checks the riverI am thinking any FH should have bet, he could still have AQxx or have missed the flush and have AAxx.

I say his range after the river is :-

BUsted Flush
AAxx
AQxx (Less Likely)
Some silly random ten
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 20:13:57 PM »

For what its worth i agree with Robbie. I think this hand has flopping potential and yes, i DO think i have a large edge over the regs at this level. They are all seeing 75%+ of flops, if I tighten up, I feel i am missing out on alot of value by not playing.

Quite the opposite mate. Your value comes from hitting the nuts and getting paid by lower flushes and straights, full houses. by playing loose you are putting yourself in situations like this,and there" s no need at this level.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 20:34:16 PM »

For what its worth i agree with Robbie. I think this hand has flopping potential and yes, i DO think i have a large edge over the regs at this level. They are all seeing 75%+ of flops, if I tighten up, I feel i am missing out on alot of value by not playing.

Quite the opposite mate. Your value comes from hitting the nuts and getting paid by lower flushes and straights, full houses. by playing loose you are putting yourself in situations like this,and there" s no need at this level.

good post, and spot on!

Just because people are playing lots of bad hands, doesn"t mean you can beat them just by playing lots of bad hands yourself. Just play hands that can hit the nuts, and know that when you do get there, you will get paid most of the time.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 21:41:08 PM by AMRN »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 13:15:55 PM »

good post, and spot on!

Just because people are playing lots of bad hands, doesn"t mean you can beat them just by playing lots of bad hands yourself. Just play hands that can hit the nuts, and know that when you do get there, you will get paid most of the time.

Wise words from Derrick & Steve  8). I"ve found myself playing low stakes PLO recently and this kind of [thing has introduced a horrible leak into my PLO & NLHE game. Getting drawn in to a pot with a hand with "a bit of potential", only to find 3 streets later you"re playing like a donk and reloading coz you hit a marginal draw. I"m quite rightly taking a break from both to re-evaluate and get back to basics.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017