Author Topic: Season Seven Discussion (Pre-Announcement)  (Read 87898 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Season Seven Discussion
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2013, 22:27:51 PM »
Nope..never been a C of C event held.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 22:37:30 PM »
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 22:41:46 PM »

Just like to bring up a point I made a few years ago
We have been playing APAT events for a lot of years now and there have been a lot of winners in a lot of events.
When is there going to be a "Champion Of Champions" event staged with the prestige that would go along with this??

Don"t really see what APAT gain out of this and I don"t think it is in keeping with the ethos of APAT which I understood was about making the events open to all (except pros of course) and encouraging new players into the game.

I can see value in a beginners event though with a low buy-in where we could all encourage friends to give it a go.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2013, 13:42:29 PM »

NOTICE

Will there be events in May / June / July? If so can we please have the dates for these ASAP? Even if they are only provisional at this stage. It is getting harder to hold off booking things and I hate missing these events due to avoidable clashes

Any word on this guys?
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2013, 14:26:55 PM »
I expect the first event of S7 will take place in the last few days of May / start June.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2013, 14:50:29 PM »
start June.

Please please please please please
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2013, 15:25:49 PM »

It"s that time of the year again!  :)

The pre season discussion threads often become some of the largest and most interesting threads of the year on the forum and I suspect this year will be no different.

The planning process has already begun and Leigh, Matt and myself would love to hear members thoughts on all aspects of APAT, and what you"d like to see improve next season.

I expect that we"ll largely focus on the live schedule and developments in this thread, but please feel free to put online on the table also if you"ve a suggestion to make.  That aside, we will run a separate similar thread for online a little closer to the season starting.

In looking for feedback, you need to be aware of certain limitations of course.  Main events need to finish at a reasonable time on a Sunday night, so if you say "can we have starting stacks of 25,000", then you probably need to make that a reasonable option by adding "...and reduce the close to 30m levels" or similar.  This is just an example of course.

I"m sure there are lots of things you will want to put on the table, but some of the things that I"m interested in hearing your views on are as follows:-

Buy ins - Stay at £75?  Increase?  Decrease?  Side events?

No changes needed.

Festival style three and four day events - good? or too long?

Absolutely fine

Timing - An event every month, every two months, or four big festivals every year maybe?

Every 6/7 weeks seems about right. Means 7/8/9 events per year.

WCOAP - Should it extend further with the addition of two day side events and an even larger main event?

I"ll be honest in that the upcoming WCOAP will be my first so can"t possibly comment yet

Team events - Should we invite multiple teams from same communities? structure?

I think this years event was pretty close. One per community outside APAT ( but only the forum + winning team imo)

Formats - Should we be looking to include anything new?  Should we run one of the nationals in a different format, outside of the WCOAP and ECOAP?

One European jaunt per year would be good. Maybe look at one similarly structed Omaha tournament?

Registration - Thoughts on satellites, direct buy in via client, generic satellite packages versus specific satellite packages, should satellites packages include a contribution towards travel and hotel?

satellites as is. We all like to sort our own travel I think. Direct buy in I"ll mention on the next bit

Seat reservation - Should this continue?  If so, why?  If we added a Paypal button to enable players to pay the 10% fee upfront, would this work?  So players not taking up their reservation would lose the fee element of their buy in?

As is, however, to those wishing to reserve and pay in advance, that option should be available ( maybe password protected on the online site

Locations - Overseas?  New locations?  For example we could take the ECOAP to Western Europe.  Would players come, if destination was cheap and outside of holiday periods?

One in Western Europe would be good

Commercial - To increase our budgets we might ask you to qualify for events at a third party site, or join us for a crazy night of blackjack or slots tournaments.  Is this acceptable, not acceptable, would stop you playing, etc?

not for me, if it helps go for it

Awards - Further develop the medals?  More bracelets?  Differentiate between live and online event awards?  Added value?

I would do a few things. Bracelets for WCOAP and ECOAP only. Something different for the team events to differentiate, medals for online and live ME top 3 only.  

Merchandise - Should we sell stuff?  Shirts, cards, chip set, card protectors?  How deep should the range be?  High quality or cheap?  Would you buy high resolution pictures of yourself at events, branded with the event name, APAT logo and in an APAT sleeve?

The pics are nothing to do with me, but might be an idea going forward. I"d like shirts, hoodies and card protectors. Good quality a preference.

There is a ton of other stuff that I can think of but I don"t want to limit your thinking, so please feedback / debate on any topic and this will help us greatly in our planning for season seven.

I"ve only missed 2 events in season 6 ( thanks to work) and I can honestly say I"ve loved it. Looking forward to the WCOAP and the release of S7 schedule
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2013, 15:48:15 PM »

We have been playing APAT events for a lot of years now and there have been a lot of winners in a lot of events.
When is there going to be a "Champion Of Champions" event staged with the prestige that would go along with this??

Think this a decent idea but also agree with the idea that it excludes too many people. I would have this on a friday night as part of a weekend festival. Winner gets a freebie into the national the next day. Go on Des!!!

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2013, 17:01:22 PM »

Think this a decent idea but also agree with the idea that it excludes too many people. I would have this on a friday night as part of a weekend festival. Winner gets a freebie into the national the next day. Go on Des!!!

I agree that it should be held the friday night as mentioned above, however as it is a prestige thing and each person would have already received added prizes, seats, media exposure etc a token COC medal/trophy/certificate would suffice and not further freebie seats

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2013, 17:36:04 PM »

I agree that it should be held the friday night as mentioned above, however as it is a prestige thing and each person would have already received added prizes, seats, media exposure etc a token COC medal/trophy/certificate would suffice and not further freebie seats

The winner of the CoC could be the APAT captain for the subsequent team championships - that would be appropriate.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2013, 17:39:18 PM »

I expect the first event of S7 will take place in the last few days of May / start June.

That"s a terrible weekend for poker. There is a sweltering heatwave predicted and traffic is also expected to be awful. There may be a royal event too.

The weekend of 25/26 May is a much better option for you.

8/9 June also seems to be good.

Anyway, you"ll have to change it on account of all your players being at the Portsmouth GUKPT.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2013, 18:34:44 PM »

That"s a terrible weekend for poker. There is a sweltering heatwave predicted and traffic is also expected to be awful. There may be a royal event too.

The weekend of 25/26 May is a much better option for you.

8/9 June also seems to be good.

Anyway, you"ll have to change it on account of all your players being at the Portsmouth GUKPT.

He"s booked for that weekend.

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2013, 19:05:37 PM »

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6986.0

C of C has been held

Loving this idea!! Can"t we pencil it into the WCOAP quickly  ;)

Each winner starting of with 10k starting stack and if you have won two events you get 20k!!! Starting stack simples.. ;D ;D

Winner gets a $10,000 WSOPME seat??  ::)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2013, 11:17:10 AM »

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6986.0

C of C has been held

Loving this idea!! Can"t we pencil it into the WCOAP quickly  ;)

Each winner starting of with 10k starting stack and if you have won two events you get 20k!!! Starting stack simples.. ;D ;D

Winner gets a $10,000 WSOPME seat??  ::)

Pretty sure this COC has never happened before, I certainly remember nothing of any such event !!!!!!!!

Seriously. Having it as part of WCOAP does make sense actually if you are going to do it.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2013, 11:19:21 AM »

Pretty sure this COC has never happened before, I certainly remember nothing of any such event !!!!!!!!

Of course not, you weren"t in it very long...plus you fell over on the way.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”