Author Topic: Should i be finding a fold here??  (Read 3574 times)

jlane1980

• Silver Member
Should i be finding a fold here??
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
Blinds are 50/100 in a low stakes STT on Stars.

It"s been an extremely loose table, with most people having a VPIP of 25%+.

I"m UTG with  Qh  Qd

I flat call, expecting a raise, particularly from the guy to my left, who is VPIP of 34% and PFR of about 30%.  He, as expected, raises to 300.   I intend to 3bet shove.  With only 14 BB and the blinds jumping within the next minute.

The button, another active player, then 3 bets to 600.  Although he"s been active, he"s only shown down good hands and seems a pretty solid player.  (Plus he has 2 stars under his name, so he"s put in the time, at least!) so i suspect he has the same read on UTG+1 as i do.

What should i do at this stage?? and what range would you put everyone on?
The all-in play works everytime but once.

jlane1980

• Silver Member
Re: Should i be finding a fold here??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
Just checked my poker tracker.  The 3 bettor is 15/9 (VPIP/PFR).

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »
Never folding QQ with 14xBB and with the blinds about to go up. Never ever. Not ever. No way. Never.

Don"t mind the utg limp if you"re sure someone will get active behind you - I definitely want to be getting to showdown at least two way, or even three way for value.   Having got your action, why on earth would you ever consider folding?

I"m guessing that you got it in, and you were behind, hence this thread asking the question.

jlane1980

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
Yeah! But i didn"t think it was right to post the results in the opening thread!  +1 had AK and Button had Kings!  I had the usual sweat though, when there was a K J 10 on the flop, but nothing happened, and i had to exit!

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 23:19:17 PM »
Two Stars means Chrome Star which can be done in a day :-)

If it is a sitngo how many players are left? There could be ICM considerations (unlikely at this stage I know). Do we have a 3-bet stat on the button and over how many hands? How many chips do you have (about 1400 right?), how many does the 3-bettor have? What about the caller?

Post the full hand history, it is unlikely in the extreme to be anything other than a snap call but need the full picture as it is not impossible that it is.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 23:28:08 PM »
I played a ton of low stakes stt"s last year, if I go back and check I"d be sure I never folded QQ preflop.If they have KK/AA so be it, fire up another one if you lose.

The only way I"d consider it ( from a making money point of view), is if you"re shortstacked, on the money bubble and there"s already 2 all ins.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:31:07 AM »

Never folding QQ with 14xBB and with the blinds about to go up. Never ever. Not ever. No way. Never.

Don"t mind the utg limp if you"re sure someone will get active behind you - I definitely want to be getting to showdown at least two way, or even three way for value.   Having got your action, why on earth would you ever consider folding?

I"m guessing that you got it in, and you were behind, hence this thread asking the question.

^^this

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 14:49:57 PM »
Just a cold deck. Unlucky.

ladman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 17:32:40 PM »

I played a ton of low stakes stt"s last year, if I go back and check I"d be sure I never folded QQ preflop.If they have KK/AA so be it, fire up another one if you lose.

The only way I"d consider it ( from a making money point of view), is if you"re shortstacked, on the money bubble and there"s already 2 all ins.

well this for sure is not a winning play. 14 bb deep you can"t fold qq barring everyone else or everyone -1 goes all in at the table meaning folding will highly likely put you in the money, other wise never fold. Other than that qq can definately be folded pre in certain spots. first 2 levels in an stt, if 2 players 3 then 4 bet to you, more often than not you"re gonna be flipping at best. Awful ICM to call