Author Topic: APAT Local Games - Post your Questions here  (Read 23358 times)

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
Re: APAT Local Games - Post your Questions here
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 21:08:54 PM »
Hi Mark.

For the last 6 years or so we have been running a poker night at Edgworth Cricket Club near Bolton (£5 buy in: not dissimilar structure to the events you run).  Quite a few of us are APAT members.

I think the guys might well be interested in turning the night into one of your "cashpoint" type games.  What would we need to do to sort that?

Brian

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »

Hi Mark - Random question but does the league need to be tied to a physical venue? could it be run as a home game with the individuals paying the weekly fee(s)... which people are invited to and could maybe run in multiple locations / pub / club etc?

Hi Phil

Great question.

The short answer is Yes - with a But!

Long answer a little more complex.

Its something that we are presently looking at - we realise that it may very well assist and be popular for players without current/existing APAT Local venues in their area - so we are currently drawing up guidelines for the rules and parameters that the very thing you are asking could be implemented for players - we believe there are no legalities to fall foul of, so i would very much hope that very shortly we can bring you details of how this can be done and will work - so if you dont mind, please bear with us for a little while. I will bring you an update and - hopefully - a finished version of this shortly.

Hiya Mark and welcome to APAT.  The above is something I"d very much be interested in hearing about too.  Our local pub  is between management at the minute and unlikely to sign up to something new until/unless they find new staff.  Cheers!

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 20:16:53 PM »

Hi Mark.

For the last 6 years or so we have been running a poker night at Edgworth Cricket Club near Bolton (£5 buy in: not dissimilar structure to the events you run).  Quite a few of us are APAT members.

I think the guys might well be interested in turning the night into one of your "cashpoint" type games.  What would we need to do to sort that?

Brian

Hey Brian

Not much at all mate, other than we take a few details to get your venue registered (basic details only required so we can publish you on the Venues and Games list) and send you the Welcome Pack (standard issue to all venues), ensure youre happy with how the CashPoint Games work - send you a few packs of cards (just because i can! ;)) - and thats it buddy, youre off and running!

If sounds good, drop me a PM and we"ll discuss via there - or your mobile number and ill give you a quick call!

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 20:20:07 PM »

Hi Mark - Random question but does the league need to be tied to a physical venue? could it be run as a home game with the individuals paying the weekly fee(s)... which people are invited to and could maybe run in multiple locations / pub / club etc?

Hi Phil

Great question.

The short answer is Yes - with a But!

Long answer a little more complex.

Its something that we are presently looking at - we realise that it may very well assist and be popular for players without current/existing APAT Local venues in their area - so we are currently drawing up guidelines for the rules and parameters that the very thing you are asking could be implemented for players - we believe there are no legalities to fall foul of, so i would very much hope that very shortly we can bring you details of how this can be done and will work - so if you dont mind, please bear with us for a little while. I will bring you an update and - hopefully - a finished version of this shortly.

Hiya Mark and welcome to APAT.  The above is something I"d very much be interested in hearing about too.  Our local pub  is between management at the minute and unlikely to sign up to something new until/unless they find new staff.  Cheers!

Hi there and thanks for the welcome  :)

Good News - there are no legalities we are worried about, so im drafting up some rules (as we speak!) about this, just defining how it should work and get integrated, and all being well, we will be releasing details to you all very soon!

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »

Hi Mark,

I was wondering if you could get something going in the Bridlington/Driffield area in East Yorkshire/Humberside preferably Driffield, there are quiet a lot of players local to me.

As for venues, The Driffield Recreation club could hold poker as its big enough.

Regards

Adi

Hi Adi

Not a problem at all mate - ill obtain the contact details of the Driffield Recreation Club and gain a POC and contact them - ill also try and source another venue or two in the vicinity and see if we cant get one or two up and running for you guys to play.

Will drop you a line shortly mate to advise you of progress - thank you for the recommendation and look forward to speaking to you - and hopefully having a beer and game with you - soon!

Mark

Thanks Mark,

The Bridlington Snooker centre run a league, on a Friday night run by the place, might be worth giving them a shout as they have 30/40 runners most weeks and just play for a bit of fun ( nothing for the winner of the league ).

Also The Lounge Bar in Driffield is a fairly big place and has just re-opened under new manager?

Adi,

Just as an update :

Driffield Recreation Club : Have spoke to a steward there - Richard Wiles - he has taken all the information and ive emailed him info also - he is going to pass to the Committee who will consider the proposal. They will mail me back with comments after their next meeting.

Bridlington Snooker Club : Happy with their set up at the moment - but has retained my details and will contact us if wants to change things at all

Lounge Bar Driffield : Was asked to email info FAO Bar Management, which ive done, and was told someone would get back to me. The guy speaking though suggested he didnt think they"d go for it, as looking to develop it as more a restaurant than pub/bar. But we"ll see.

I"ll keep persuing them though and come back to you again with further updated in due course mate.

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »

Again as an update, and persuant to further posts, we are very close to releasing details of a product that will encapsulate this concept and be available to play soon.  :)

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »

Hi Mark,

I was wondering if you could get something going in the Bridlington/Driffield area in East Yorkshire/Humberside preferably Driffield, there are quiet a lot of players local to me.

As for venues, The Driffield Recreation club could hold poker as its big enough.

Regards

Adi

Hi Adi

Not a problem at all mate - ill obtain the contact details of the Driffield Recreation Club and gain a POC and contact them - ill also try and source another venue or two in the vicinity and see if we cant get one or two up and running for you guys to play.

Will drop you a line shortly mate to advise you of progress - thank you for the recommendation and look forward to speaking to you - and hopefully having a beer and game with you - soon!

Mark

Thanks Mark,

The Bridlington Snooker centre run a league, on a Friday night run by the place, might be worth giving them a shout as they have 30/40 runners most weeks and just play for a bit of fun ( nothing for the winner of the league ).

Also The Lounge Bar in Driffield is a fairly big place and has just re-opened under new manager?

Adi,

Just as an update :

Driffield Recreation Club : Have spoke to a steward there - Richard Wiles - he has taken all the information and ive emailed him info also - he is going to pass to the Committee who will consider the proposal. They will mail me back with comments after their next meeting.

Bridlington Snooker Club : Happy with their set up at the moment - but has retained my details and will contact us if wants to change things at all

Lounge Bar Driffield : Was asked to email info FAO Bar Management, which ive done, and was told someone would get back to me. The guy speaking though suggested he didnt think they"d go for it, as looking to develop it as more a restaurant than pub/bar. But we"ll see.

I"ll keep persuing them though and come back to you again with further updated in due course mate.

Cheers Mark, if I think of any others ill let you know
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »
#nogameinyarmshocker

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member