Author Topic: grrrrrrrrr  (Read 2822 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
grrrrrrrrr
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:55:13 AM »
Down to the last three players in a small £10 freezeout at Rileys Snooker Club. Last night there were only 12 entrants, usually we get close to or the exact 25 limit.

But anyway, we"re finally down to three and I look down at my cards in the SB and see [5s][7s]. The BB has been playing pretty tight I thought and has folded to my raises before so I play off my normal game and raise to 3,000
He calls, leaving him with about 15,000 chips.
The flop gives me 7d  ts and  :2s:. I push my remaining 9,600 into the middle and he looks at them and says
"I have to call, I have a flush draw" and shows the [Js][3s].

I"m happy initally..... after all, I"ve got two of his outs....

Turn was of course  :as: and to add insult to injury the river was  ks

I know I"m behind pre-flop, but the call was dubious to say the least - and post flop, whatever pair I"ve hit how does "I have to call, I have a flush draw" make any sense?
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

tumblet

• Gold Member
Re: grrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »
The call pre flop may be a bit off, but its hard to tell, as you have not included chip stacks and blinds.
The call after the flop is probably ok..

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: grrrrrrrrr
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 13:26:38 PM »
True...need blinds (but given its last 3 at rileys can assume they were big so call may not be tooooo bad)

he calls 9,600 to win 15,600. he had a spade draw and an overcard, so 12 outs (he doesn"t know you have 2 spades too) has him at the bottom end of a coin flip, so his call is reasonable.

calling on a draw isn"t the greatest but given the structure at rileys (fast) and the fact he has you covered, you cant grumble too much about his play....

....or yours either

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D