Author Topic: APAT Season Seven Announcement  (Read 101525 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Season Seven Announcement
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 16:41:47 PM »

Can I ask for clarification on how the ranking points will work this season please.

Also, how you qualify for Brian"s champion of champions event  ;)

The points situation will be published before Coventry Stu.

We"ll consult with Brian on the best way to qualify players into his Champions event. ;)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 16:50:21 PM »

Quick question about the Home Internationals?

How many teams will be competing??  How many from each country??

Think we need 10+ England teams, i didnt qualify when there was 1 team, nor was picked when 3 teams so think 10+ and i may have a shot :) :) :)

BTW my missus is going mental, as she wants me to win the WSOP package, however that means making as many events as possible.....or just win every event i play.  Worryingly, thats prob more likely than getting a pass for some of the events!!! (Vegas, Scot, Ire, Prague and Newc)

Oh you APAT organisers, are you getting paid per divorce?? :)

We"ll get a captain per country finalised and then confirm how many teams per country will take part.  Starting position will be as per last year in Stoke.

The Vegas trips don"t include WSOP entries, but flights and hotels to have you there when the WSOP and all other festivals are taking place.  LPPL have been doing this for some time and the trips are very popular.

Divorce?  We live under the same threat?!  ;)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 17:14:15 PM »

Nothing in the North West since Season 5  :( Better make sure I get the car serviced  ;)

Southport this season though.

I"d already spotted that Paul, hence my post.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2013, 17:25:49 PM »
I feel like a kid in a toy shop at Christmas, I want that, that, that, that and that

Marvellous looking series, no wonder it took ages to put together. Many thanks to Des and the team.

100% agree with Dann , maybe we can get a block booking on the divorce lawyers.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2013, 18:10:26 PM »

Can I ask for clarification on how the ranking points will work this season please.

Also, how you qualify for Brian"s champion of champions event  ;)

The points situation will be published before Coventry Stu.

We"ll consult with Brian on the best way to qualify players into The Brian Yates Champion of Champions event. ;)

FYP
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

prince01

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 18:20:32 PM »
No events in manchester  

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 18:47:14 PM »
Sigh....

Ninja Modding...

gg
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 18:52:17 PM »

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2013, 20:27:30 PM »
Like Brian .. Nice to see the champions of champions brought back.. Brian suggested prehaps holding an event with all past champions, sounds great to me  ;D.. or failing that what about inviting those back who have been crowned champions since the last CoC held a couple of seasons ago, so gives those who havent had a chance to play in such a prestigious event?  ;)

Im sure it wouldnt mean that many more entrants into the field, and the awesome prize being offered would make for some great poker!! (pretty please xx)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 21:20:42 PM »

Like Brian .. Nice to see the champions of champions brought back.. Brian suggested prehaps holding an event with all past champions, sounds great to me  ;D.. or failing that what about inviting those back who have been crowned champions since the last CoC held a couple of seasons ago, so gives those who havent had a chance to play in such a prestigious event?  ;)

Im sure it wouldnt mean that many more entrants into the field, and the awesome prize being offered would make for some great poker!! (pretty please xx)

Agree that this would be very fair to all concerned. (Can I have 5% of you please Carl if you get in for free)  ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 22:01:40 PM »

How can it be something that has been brought back from a few seasons ago? Brian only suggested it 18 months ago?

;)

TGBane

• Bronze Member
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 22:07:19 PM »
Looks like I will be donating back most of my winnings from Wembley.
Really looking forward to a few of the stops.
I saw it questioned earlier but did not see the answer about where the reserve button is?
How do you qualify for the team? that would awesome to be part of it.
TEAM GOTHAM (Bane)
2013 APAT Wembley Masters 2nd
2013 APAT Cardiff Cash Tour 1st
2013 Season 7 Cash Tour 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European PLO8 1st
2014 Season 8 APAT European  NLHE (side event) 2nd
2016 Season 9 WCOAP online Turbo NLHE 1st
Twitter: DWAAYNE

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 22:50:18 PM »
IMO the CoC has been introduced to make up for the lower than previous added value that is on offer from championship events.

I agree with Bri, Carl etc that a CoC event should exist for past winners. This should however be separate from the event for S7 winners and should be played for prestige (+a bit of cash) and no added value

Winners of events from S1-6 benefited from some super added value in the past, whereas S7 "only" get a seat in the WCOAP main
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 23:05:45 PM »

How can it be something that has been brought back from a few seasons ago? Brian only suggested it 18 months ago?

;)

Hehe Stu yeah silly me didnt want to hijack Brians "new" concept..

Joking aside.. when was the last CoC?.. and since the last how many new inducuctions has there been?.. seems that quite a few may of missed out in playing this event, i must admit i was pretty gutted that there wasnt one last season at the WCOAP or other event.. As Rob has stated its not so much about the added value its the bragging rights, if there was a prize or trophy thrown into the mix all the better  ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 23:15:44 PM »

;)

Hehe Stu yeah silly me didnt want to hijack Brians "new" concept..

Joking aside.. when was the last CoC?.. and since the last how many new inducuctions has there been?.. seems that quite a few may of missed out in playing this event, i must admit i was pretty gutted that there wasnt one last season at the WCOAP or other event.. As Rob has stated its not so much about the added value its the bragging rights, if there was a prize or trophy thrown into the mix all the better  ;D

Season 4 at Bolton? When Betfair were sponsoring and gave away a £20k sponsorship package to the winner.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.