Author Topic: APAT Season Seven Announcement  (Read 101385 times)

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
Re: APAT Season Seven Announcement
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013, 21:44:26 PM »

Rules at Worlds were you can only take the 2nd bullet once bust tho?  So will players be able to "add" £100 whenever they want this time round?

Yes, we"ll break the second bullet into two chunks and they (optional) will have to be taken before the first phase ends.  Taking them will not be subject to losing your starting stack.

Cool,

Cant wait for the venues/dates for this!!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2013, 22:13:08 PM »
Just seen that Friday night in cov is the 1st Cash Tour event?

Confirm/Deny?

Oh and if/so, where do i reserve my seat?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 22:19:49 PM by s4ooter »
Team Gotham - The Joker

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2013, 22:27:42 PM »

Where"d you see that??

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2013, 22:29:18 PM »

Confirm/Deny?

Oh and if/so, where do i reserve my seat?

Confirmed

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2013, 22:32:01 PM »

Where"d you see that??

On the calender.....

Shizzle....need to find another £200 from somewhere!!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
Lovely line up as always guys. Need to get the poker planner and bank statement out to see what I can make! lol ;)

See you all at some point over the season.  ;D
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

LombBomb

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2013, 12:38:05 PM »
Epic schedule...hope to make as many of these as I can.

Anyone from Scotland/North heading down to Coventry?
Captain of Scotland WCOAP Team Winners - London 2016
Welsh Open PLO Champion - Bristol 2014
Scotland Bronze Medallist APAT ECOAP - Prague 2013
Scotland Home International Champions - Stoke 2012
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TomClark
HM: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=261278

CW86

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • King slug
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »

Rules at Worlds were you can only take the 2nd bullet once bust tho?  So will players be able to "add" £100 whenever they want this time round?

Yes, we"ll break the second bullet into two chunks and they (optional) will have to be taken before the first phase ends.  Taking them will not be subject to losing your starting stack.

Ah thats a shame, i think the option should def be giving once the last hand has been played in the 1st phase to avoid what dann is worried about. But to allow the reload to be taken at any point totally shifts the dynamic of what made the event so good (giving it its slightly tournament like feel)
TEAM GOTHAM (Robin....ffs)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »

Ah thats a shame, i think the option should def be giving once the last hand has been played in the 1st phase to avoid what dann is worried about. But to allow the reload to be taken at any point totally shifts the dynamic of what made the event so good (giving it its slightly tournament like feel)

Agree - rather than being a £100 buy in with a £100 safety net rebuy option, this will just become a £200 buy in for many, and will give those with deeper pockets an early advantage.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »
Partially solved by saying you can only add-on one of the chunks of £50 when your stack is £75 or lower.

If you have to bust before reloading, losing an early pot can restrict you somewhat.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2013, 12:45:05 PM »
Could it not just be changed that instead of the top 8 stacks go through to the FT, the top 8 profitable players take their stacks through.

That means you keep the reload rules as it is, but if you have taken a second bullet, you are penalised £100 when calculating the final table positions.

This doesn"t then advantage the deeper pocketed players as Steve has suggested, but also solves the issues that were raised from the DTD event.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2013, 12:58:04 PM »

Could it not just be changed that instead of the top 8 stacks go through to the FT, the top 8 profitable players take their stacks through.

That means you keep the reload rules as it is, but if you have taken a second bullet, you are penalised £100 when calculating the final table positions.

This doesn"t then advantage the deeper pocketed players as Steve has suggested, but also solves the issues that were raised from the DTD event.

I think Des hinted that earlier - entirely correct ofc for Profit > Stack.

If you can only reload when you"ve bust, then any shorter stacked players are going to be disadvantaged - what"s the point of sitting there with a £50 stack with half an hour left even if you have your reload behind for example?
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2013, 13:02:58 PM »
I would prefer to see the rebuy broken into four optional £25 chunks. These should then be considered "top ups" rather than "rebuys", and a top up (or multiple top ups) can be used at any time so long as topping up your stack does not take it over the max sit down of £100 (standard for any cash table with a max buy in).

This would take away any disadvantage of losing an early pot, and would allow players to keep stacks topped off at £100 (until they run out of top ups)

Agree that the final table should be based on the 8 most profitable players rather than the 8 biggest stacks in play.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2013, 13:10:00 PM »

I would prefer to see the rebuy broken into four optional £25 chunks. These should then be considered "top ups" rather than "rebuys", and a top up (or multiple top ups) can be used at any time so long as topping up your stack does not take it over the max sit down of £100 (standard for any cash table with a max buy in).

This would take away any disadvantage of losing an early pot, and would allow players to keep stacks topped off at £100 (until they run out of top ups)

Agree that the final table should be based on the 8 most profitable players rather than the 8 biggest stacks in play.

No it should be the 8 biggest stack in play surely

The idea is to create a deep stacked cash game as I understand it. To do that you need the biggest stacks in play. Just give everybody the option to add on their unused rebuys at the end and its the same thing anyway. I like the idea of 4 top-ups btw.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2013, 13:19:49 PM »

Yeah, that"s also fine (I"d actually prefer that). As long as it"s some form of resticted top-up then it keeps everyone in play.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)