Author Topic: Q erm 2 ?  (Read 4678 times)

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
Q erm 2 ?
« on: May 01, 2008, 20:00:04 PM »
Firstly I want to say while this may come accross as a bad beat story it"s not, i"m just wondering other people"s opinions on a hand I played recently...

I was playing a $24 buy in "Race for Bracelets" tournament on Full Tilt last week. The prize is $2,000 buy in to a WSOP side event this summer... There was 82 players if I remember right so this ment that only first place would get any sort of prize...

I played great poker, in my opinion, for over three hours straight and only got lucky once eliminating one player while holding AQ vs his AK but that only had around a third of my chips in the pot so even if I lost that and wasn"t lucky I would"ve still been in the tournament...

So anyway after all this poker I get down to heads up, we"ve been tangling for about 5 mins or so heads up... I was up, he was up then we got back to near enough even chipstacks when the following hand happens...

He raises 2.5x BB and he has been doing this a lot and taking pots from me left right and centre so I decide to make a stand with my  7d 7s and push all in over the top of him... I can"t remember the exact chip stacks but he was no where near committed to the pot and he thinks for a second before calling... He shows  qh :2c: and Im feeling as happy as I can in the situation. The flop brings x x 2, turn x, river 2 ......

After sitting there for so long and having been put out with what I consider a ******** hand I went on a bit of a rant at the player. Not great etiquette but I was in the moment. I asked how the hell he could call for his entire tournament and so much at stake (for me anyway) with Q2os when he was no where near committed to the hand or anything to which he replied "Q2 is a good hand heads up and is well within calling range, bye..." --- I was left stewing as further Qs went unanswered and I imagine he just closed the box there and then and didn"t really give a sh!t of how bad he played...

Now my question... am I going mad or was this really bad play? Calling a re-raise all in when you"re nowhere near pot-committed with Q2os...? And do you consider Q2 a "good" heads up hand? I certainly don"t, I know i"m a relatively tight player sometimes but c"mon Q2???

Especially when the difference between second and first place is $0 and a $2000 WSOP seat....
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Q erm 2 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 20:06:34 PM »
Q2 is not a standard call heads up.

Unlucky on the result.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 20:19:41 PM »

Unlucky on the result.

Thanks. I personally thought it was horrible play but it happens I suppose... I wasn"t actually overly bothered about it 20mins after I calmed down but still thought I was robbed. There"s always another tournament though so no point crying over spilt milk just wanted to find out if other players normally play Q2 heads up... myself would be an insta-muck unless the pot is unraised.

Another question, if anybody wants to give me any insight into their game ahead of Edinburgh at the weekend :P ... You obviously loosen your range heads up and play almost anything sometimes but what kinda calling ranges do people have heads up when faced with a 2.5-3x BB raise...

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 20:36:30 PM »
Unlucky on the result... I want his name please if he is going to call with Q 2 heads up.. one of them things..

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 21:11:24 PM »
I think his username was Sniper88 on FullTilt....

It was Sniper something anyway.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 16:43:43 PM »

Unlucky on the result.

Whereas T3...
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

baldaceguy

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 23:14:26 PM »
Just to add my experiance of a similar ,ahem,bad beat.Playing on DTD Head hunter tourney.I am dealt  :as: js flop is  :3s: ks 6s so the nut flush,i check he bets 800 i raise to 1600 he goes all in for 6000 icall only holding 5200.He shows qs :3c: i am amazed but happy.This is when it gets surreal.The turn is  :3h:and then the river is a splendid kc.Slaughtered by an amazing runner runner outdraw.I think i will take up high stakes snap.