Author Topic: COMMENTS PLEASE  (Read 8635 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
COMMENTS PLEASE
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:39:02 AM »
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: COMMENTS PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:07:55 AM »
Would definitely prefer the Sunday

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
definitely prefer the Saturday
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »
Definitely prefer the Saturday, unless they could start it at lunchtime on the Sunday  ;D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:57 AM »

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »

Definitely prefer the Saturday, unless they could start it at lunchtime on the Sunday  ;D

+1
Esp with one and a half hours late reg
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »
I would always prefer Saturdays for a tournament that runs on the (very good) iPoker structure, and starts with 500bbs. If I recall correctly, this doesn"t usually finish much before 3.30am, which would generally exclude me from playing it if on a Sunday night.

I can understand Brian"s points though, although as others have said, the post on the other thread wasn"t particularly well worded, and probably raised negative objection by it"s wording rather than it"s content.

In essence though, Brian raises a very valid point. Whilst BCPC may not be a significant poker tour in terms of the UK poker circuit and calendar, it is reasonably significant in terms of it"s links to APAT, not least the fact that there will be 20-30 players in the BCPC deepstack event on Saturday 6th July that might otherwise be playing the APAT online tourney.

Brian quotes a very valid precedent from last year when a main event was moved from a Saturday to a Sunday to avoid a clash with a Chezger event - another clash that would have taken ~30 players out of the APAT event.   I would suggest that as grace was given in that circumstance, the precedent should be recognised and equal grace should be considered for this weekend"s events.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
Prefer Sunday
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:43:26 AM »
Move it to the following Saturday? 13th..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »

Des already posted on the main thread - it"s staying where it is because it"s already been promoted, and has been setup on WH already :(

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:32 AM »

Dont say that Carl, I will be on my way back from the mighty Bournemouth v West Ham and you will all miss the added value of my buy in.

Bottom line is, whenever it gets played someone will have what to them appears a valid reason to get it moved.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

Bottom line is, whenever it gets played someone will have what to them appears a valid reason to get it moved.

Agree Don - you can"t please all the people all the time, and all that.

In this instance though, I"m disappointed that the precedent of last year when an APAT event was moved to avoid a clash with a Chezger event has not been recognised and replicated. In that particular instance last year, I had a personal impact in that the move meant I had to withdraw from  a whole season of Vegas team events with Genting as the live final clashed with the new date that the APAT was event was moved to - for that reason, it stuck in the memory. Now that BCPC have an event very similar to the Chezger event (~30 players that will miss the APAT event), no change is being made.  It does make us feel like the poor cousins to some extent.

All that said, I understand that the move last time was done with several weeks notice - this time there is only four days notice, and the marketing etc has already happened.... however, with the late announcement, we didn"t have the same window of opportunity for negotiation.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:54 AM »
Morning all.

Nothing like a good name check in a quote.

I"ll pretty much repeat on here what I have said to Brian via a Personal Message.

The tournament mentioned in the quote was moved back (against my initial personal view) as the event was two weeks down the line, so we had time to correct in the APAT lobby (so fully in our control) before we pushed the promotion out.

In the case of this weeks event, we have already spent considerable time communicating to William Hill to get the tournaments in the lobby and social media promotion has gone out confirming dates, start times and buyins.

To change it now would only confuse a lot of existing, and potential new players.

It is unfortunate that it clashes with your live event, but this is one event out of a long long season, and i doubt we will have a single player that does not have one of our events clash with something else going on in their lives this season.

Leigh

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
You"ve asked for comments Brian, and I"m inclined to provide them, but as I type I"m aware this will be of a huge "blue touch paper" but it has bugged me more this time around for some reason...

So i will try to be as polite and objective as I can;

I guess its reasonable to ask, as in most things if you dont ask you dont get, but the seemingly nature of the request doesn"t put it in a reasonable context, imo.

Aware the the BCPC is a huge part of your poker life, and has strong links with APAT, but (and this is the bug on my part) why do you think it is important to everyone else?

BCPC, is maybe 20-25 players who also play APAT - APAT has several thousand members and I"d say 100-150 regular players both online and live.

I for example, wouldn"t dream if we had the same type of club as the BCPC does for say Luton club and request that APAT moves an entire online event just for me and my private club.

like I say, I don"t know you at all really, and none of my business what you do or say, but you asked for comments, my 2p worth.

Genuine apologies for the likiness that this has itself annoyed you, and I accept your pending wrath from you and other BCPC members..

it just bugged me at the audacity of the request tbh

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 11:48:12 AM »
I"m respect the fact that the APAT event is not being moved and I"m comfortable with it for all the reasons Des and Leigh have stated. There is no opportunity to move - hence no further need for debate.

However, Waz, I just wanted to respond to your point below. The way you have outlined your point was also partially my own opinion at the outset of this thread.... however, I keep coming back to the precedent that has been set previously.

I for example, wouldn"t dream if we had the same type of club as the BCPC does for say Luton club and request that APAT moves an entire online event just for me and my private club.

The fact is that a precedent was set when a live event was moved to avoid a clash with a Chezger event in recent history.  Having set that precedent, this discussion was somewhat inevitable.