Author Topic: Swap of seat  (Read 16515 times)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
Swap of seat
« on: May 13, 2008, 21:37:46 PM »
Is it possible in theory to swap my Irish seat for World Amateur seat?

wiggly

Re: Swap of seat
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 12:24:01 PM »
I"m also interested in potentially doing this. Is it possible?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 15:39:12 PM »
The option will be to sell via the seat exchange board, otherwise we will allocate all of the World event seats prior to the event going on sale.  The seat exchange board will be open for business from 9pm on Tuesday night.

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 15:26:46 PM »
Des

You changing the rulings for the seat exchange, earlier in the tour you were allowing seats won in the regional games to be played in a later tournament?

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 15:29:35 PM by linziwan »
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 20:16:04 PM »

Des

You changing the rulings for the seat exchange, earlier in the tour you were allowing seats won in the regional games to be played in a later tournament?

This discussion board has been initiated to allow members who have won or purchased seats; and then find their plans have changed, to sell or trade with members who are seeking seats to those events.
do you see the spirit in wich the seat exchange was created?
for genuine reasons people may exchange their seats.
but its quite obvious people are exploiting this allready,gaining entries for the irish with absolutely no intention of going. its just another shot at securing a world champs seat early.
i am predicting a rush in enquiries to swap at about 9.15pm tonight.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 20:19:01 PM by mal666 »

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 20:24:06 PM »

Des

This discussion board has been initiated to allow members who have won or purchased seats; and then find their plans have changed, to sell or trade with members who are seeking seats to those events.
do you see the spirit in wich the seat exchange was created?
for genuine reasons people may exchange their seats.
but its quite obvious people are exploiting this allready,gaining entries for the irish with absolutely no intention of going. its just another shot at securing a world champs seat early.
i am predicting a rush in enquiries to swap at about 9.15pm tonight.

I thought the membership was morally above this, but I"m beginning to wonder myself........

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 20:29:51 PM »
Let me be clear about this, Linda is extremely genuine, but overall I"m concerned about the sheer number of players who want to swap from the National they qualify for, into the World event. 

That said, I don"t accept that players have no right to play the Regionals knowing they cannot make that specific National.  There are still medals and points to play for.  We"ve tried to help where we can but it would be silly to sell out the World event before it even goes on sale, so we are having to refine the process as we go along. 

I know you are away Linda; but hopefully you will be able to sell the seat and get a seat at the August event also.  

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 20:41:45 PM »

Let me be clear about this, Linda is extremely genuine, but overall I"m concerned about the sheer number of players who want to swap from the National they qualify for, into the World event.

Des, my point wasn"t directed personally at Linda. She is a fine upstanding member of the APAT community and I couldn"t imagine her manipulating the situation, so apologies to you and Linda if it came across as such.

Ian

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 20:49:11 PM »

Des, my point wasn"t directed personally at Linda. She is a fine upstanding member of the APAT community and I couldn"t imagine her manipulating the situation, so apologies to you and Linda if it came across as such.

Ian

Sorry Ian, I just read that back and it sounds harsh, which wasn"t the intention.  I had typed it before reading your post so it wasn"t directed at you or Mal, but just giving my thoughts that I don"t really think the members were manipulating the Regional qualifiers.  However, Mal is right in that this board is there to primarily help them if they can"t attend the next National.

Cheers,

Des.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
Fair enough, lets not have fisty cuffs!!

I"m going to bite the bullet and play ireland, just hope the winnings cover the cost of travel and accomodation.

Just wondered if it was an option as Ireland is possible the most difficult, costly and time consuming of all the nationals for me and the wife is running out poker patience.

See you all there (and worlds too hopefully  :-*

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 10:00:17 AM »

... just hope the winnings cover the cost of travel and accomodation.

I think this is a significant part of the problem of people wanting to play the World"s rather than the Irish.

Obviously the World is the finale and that gives a big incentive to play it - but Dublin is about as expensive as London for hotels and more expensive to travel to, so given the choice I think it"s understandable that people would prefer London.

But as Des has said, we can"t have all the seats allocated before the clickfest starts, so I think it"s equally as understandable that APAT are having to restrict the deferment of seats in a way which they haven"t had to for the other Nationals.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 10:11:15 AM »

... just hope the winnings cover the cost of travel and accomodation.

I think this is a significant part of the problem of people wanting to play the World"s rather than the Irish.

Obviously the World is the finale and that gives a big incentive to play it - but Dublin is about as expensive as London for hotels and more expensive to travel to, so given the choice I think it"s understandable that people would prefer London.

But as Des has said, we can"t have all the seats allocated before the clickfest starts, so I think it"s equally as understandable that APAT are having to restrict the deferment of seats in a way which they haven"t had to for the other Nationals.

just to let u guys know, i got return flights from edinburgh to dublin for £10 with ryanair, not sure bout the cost from other airports. i cant get a taxi home from a night out for a tenner lol! hope to see u all in dublin.  ;D
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
am i right in sayin you can only get a seat to the "worlds" though a clickfest?  ???

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

am i right in sayin you can only get a seat to the "worlds" though a clickfest?  ???

There will be online qualifiers on Blue Square nearer the time.

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »
cheers, that sounds like the best bet as the clickfest will likely be done at 9.01pm!  ;D