Author Topic: Stephen Docherty Wins Virgin Festival Nottingham As Five APAT Members Final  (Read 40323 times)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
Re: Virgin Festival 3 at Dusk till Dawn June 28th are you in ?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »
See you in the bar on Friday evening! :)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 00:16:33 AM »
My name is down for the live sat at DTD itself, fingers crossed....
  Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 09:19:07 AM »

I think I"m going to go down that route - as I hate the Boss software.  Tried to play on there a few times, and just don"t like it.

When are the live sats Bainn?  Guess I"ll see you there!
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »
Live sats sounds a great idea.

Sat down to play last night.  Entered three tourneys on Blue Sq starting between 7pm and 7:30pm.  Pre-reg"d for the Virgin rebuy qualifier at 8:10.

7:34pm my Tiscali broadband packs up.  Manage to get through to someone at Tiscali after leaving it for twenty minutes to see if it returned.  The automated message said

"Some customers in the Southampton area are currently without broadband access.  Our engineers are aware of the problem and we apologise for any inconvenience"

Well, 2hrs later and I guess there engineers were still trying to find the problem.  Eventually spoke with someone who told me it might be worth trying in the morning.

I did mention the word "compensation" and got told did I mean a days compensation for loss of service.  Funnily enough, I wasn"t all that bothered about the 50p a day cost, but the $80 I had invested into my poker tournaments for the evening was slightly playing on my mind.

Never had a problem with Tiscali before.  Oh well.  Anyone had any joy in getting compensation for loss of broadband service ?   I"m assuming it"s pretty much impossible.

So, when are the live qualifiers ??????

And on another point, if you were to be playing in a higher stake game and this happened, do you have to just take it on the chin, or does anyone have a backup option in place for such circumstances.  Just curious.........
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 12:16:17 PM by Chipaccrual »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 11:08:22 AM »

or does anyone have a backup option in place for such circumstances.  Just curious.........

3G card for the laptop (just in case), I am having some problems at the moment with PIPEX (owned by Tiscali) - thinking of changing

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 11:30:13 AM »
Lots of Broadband users are having lots of problems with various ISPs. Those worst affected - from the phone calls I"ve been bombarded with for almost a fortnight now - appear to be Orange and Tiscali / Pipex customers.

The 3G card / USB Modem for Mobile Broadband is a great idea. T-Mobile do a £4 a day Pay As You Go deal which means you buy the equipment outright (I think you can get it for £80 in Tesco) and then you pay only £4 on the days you use it. See here
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 11:33:13 AM by lukybugur »

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 12:41:44 PM »
yeah i have been having tiscali probs too recently, cant seem to get into my own wireless network, it would appear to be something to do with my IP??? not got round to phoning tiscali, although last time i had probs there weren"t very helpful so i would be holding out much hope!
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 13:34:00 PM »

I think I"m going to go down that route - as I hate the Boss software.  Tried to play on there a few times, and just don"t like it.

The live sat is on the 22nd June at 4pm, capped at 80 runners with 20 seats available to the Virgin festival, entry fee = £30 +£5*

A damn good option, I"m sure you will agree.

*= Information provide should be 98% correct, but I have not yet had my required amount of caffeine.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 17:52:35 PM »
1 in 4 players qualify..wow...got to be the best option.....I played in the Facebook freeroll couple of nights ago, and was taken out on the river by a player already qualifed...gutted.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 17:55:13 PM »

or does anyone have a backup option in place for such circumstances.  Just curious.........

3G card for the laptop (just in case), I am having some problems at the moment with PIPEX (owned by Tiscali) - thinking of changing

Rang Pipex tech support
Got the runaround
Got very annoyed
Cancelled Pipex there and then
Got the MAC code
Now off to find another ISP

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 20:23:51 PM »

The live sat is on the 22nd June at 4pm, capped at 80 runners with 20 seats available to the Virgin festival, entry fee = £30 +£5*

*= Information provide should be 98% correct, but I have not yet had my required amount of caffeine.

when can you register for this?
Carpe Diem

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 01:57:43 AM »

I reg"d at DTD itself, I believe this is the only way so far but I hear they may try and get it available to buyin on their online room.....
  Deepstack champion S2  

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »

I reg"d at DTD itself, I believe this is the only way so far but I hear they may try and get it available to buyin on their online room.....

cheers...i have sent them an e-mail to see when it is open for reg, and any alternative as I"m about an hour drive away.
Carpe Diem

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 13:52:44 PM »

just got this link from DTD

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/newsitem.php?id=409
Carpe Diem

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 22:59:57 PM »
I"m in. Qualified in the 25euro super sat. 54 entries, nine seats and I nabbed one. Well done to Dewi and Brendan too. I think I"ll blog this....was emotional!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D