Author Topic: The 'SKY-FIVE-0'  (Read 6336 times)

Lazlo21

• Bronze Member
The 'SKY-FIVE-0'
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:26:22 AM »
Hope its not bad etiquette to report on ones own win, but as Scouse
has got a winning thread I thought I would register an equaliser for
the "Birmingham Massive!"

Managed to win the live "Sky-Five-O" last night on SkySports2 for
£1500!

Entered final table(6player) in 5th position but hit a few nice hole cards
and ended up heads-up, but in a 2-1chip disadvantage.
Fortunately the other guy decided to re-re-raise my  qd qc, with his  6d 7d
and I was WOOP WOOP WOOPING!
until flop/turn came  :2c: kh 6s  7c....
Fortunately a  :2d: on the river doubled me up and I stayed ahead.
(It was at this stage I realised that a WOOP isn"t as effective when you are alone
with your computer monitor..)
all the best
Gary Peniket
(If a Dublin seat becomes available please let me know,as i"ve just got over my Vienna hangover!)

tumblet

• Gold Member
Re: The 'SKY-FIVE-0'
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
Nice win... Sky poker (or the Open as they call it) is nuts.

NH GG WP..  :)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 15:16:39 PM »
Gary, there has been a few seats floating around on the forum, but you"ll have to reply to see if there still up for grabs.

G.L. and hopefully c you there :D

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 13:50:23 PM »
nice one gary lad !!!

its ok i woop woop at my computer too lol !
see u in dubliin hopefully

steve !

bobthebuilder

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 09:14:55 AM »
Congratulations on winning a no skill crapshoot.  ::)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »

And the purpose of posting this comment was what?
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

bobthebuilder

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 10:52:18 AM »

To congratulate op on his/her winning of a crapshoot of extremely poor standard.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 13:32:33 PM »

To congratulate op on his/her winning of a crapshoot of extremely poor standard.

That says it all really. Either congratulate the person concerned without the caveat or keep your opinion to yourself. I don"t know if you"ve known of the existence of APAT for long or not, but I"m guessing the latter is true. If I"m right, then you"ll find that we are a community of players who vary enormously in standard from complete beginner to more advanced players who have won significant professional prizes (do the names John Tabatabai,Roberto Romanello, Liv Boeree or Rupinder Bedi ring any bells?). Whatever everyone"s respective standard, the one thing we have in common is that we do our best to share in our successes and support each other. Therefore, if someone posts on here to say they have won a particular tournament then well done to them. If anyone thinks that what that person has posted is not worthy of comment or is in a competion which required little skill to win, you"re entitled to that opinion but it isn"t of interest to anyone outside you"re own four walls.    

bobthebuilder

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 14:01:00 PM »

That says it all really. Either congratulate the person concerned without the caveat or keep your opinion to yourself. I don"t know if you"ve known of the existence of APAT for long or not, but I"m guessing the latter is true. If I"m right, then you"ll find that we are a community of players who vary enormously in standard from complete beginner to more advanced players who have won significant professional prizes (do the names John Tabatabai,Roberto Romanello, Liv Boeree or Rupinder Bedi ring any bells?). Whatever everyone"s respective standard, the one thing we have in common is that we do our best to share in our successes and support each other. Therefore, if someone posts on here to say they have won a particular tournament then well done to them. If anyone thinks that what that person has posted is not worthy of comment or is in a competion which required little skill to win, you"re entitled to that opinion but it isn"t of interest to anyone outside you"re own four walls.    

Professional players those aren"t they? thought you were an amatuer association?

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 14:08:42 PM »
None of the four players mentioned were professionals when they played APAT Events

Rupinder still has a job, as does Roberto. John not these days and Liv was sponsored after she played in an APAT. She would not now be eligible.

Please respect the ethos of this forum, no flaming of other members and their achievements thanks

bobthebuilder

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 15:10:42 PM »

None of the four players mentioned were professionals when they played APAT Events

Rupinder still has a job, as does Roberto. John not these days and Liv was sponsored after she played in an APAT. She would not now be eligible.

Please respect the ethos of this forum, no flaming of other members and their achievements thanks

Ok point taken but you"ve gotta laugh as a lot of your members are eatmystack ****ers

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 15:26:59 PM »

Ok point taken but you"ve gotta laugh as a lot of your members are eatmystack ****ers

Sorry Paul, you clearly have an issue with EMS, that is unrelated to APAT.  For this reason we are going to suspend your account as we do not want any personal issues spilling into the APAT community.  Please contact us again through customer@apat.com if you feel you can put this behind you.

Regards,

Des.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 14:07:55 PM »
great win LAZ!

I know that to the uneducated, a tournament with 7 min blinds is called a crapshoot. If it such a lottery, how come familiar names keep making the FT?

Good work
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 14:17:02 PM »

great win LAZ!

I know that to the uneducated, a tournament with 7 min blinds is called a crapshoot. If it such a lottery, how come familiar names keep making the FT?

Good work

Well put

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 16:02:13 PM »
Good score laz.  
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013