Author Topic: German Open  (Read 13133 times)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
Re: German Open
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 10:59:41 AM »
Did anyone screen shot the final placings (guess not as they are not here)?

Otherwise anyone know what the top 9 was?  Seemed to be too many for comfort from around the top of the national leaderboard!!

Cheers and congrats to cyntaf for leading from start to finish.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 13:12:38 PM »
Morning guys- I"m quite happy once I got into the medals I was freerolling....

I know have a gold, silver and a bronze :D

Just need to get a national trophy now!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 13:16:38 PM »
still a bit gutted not to win :( aces hold and i have a nice chip lead going heads up with george but it was a fun tourny (still think there should be antes tho)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2008, 13:17:11 PM »
congratulations on the set.....first to do it I think.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 13:30:21 PM »
Result was... Cyntaf, hiamchris, george, the auk, Linziwan, cooste, goalmachine, mikeyboy, d26mat and last final tabalist, idrivetractors

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2008, 13:58:44 PM »
Thanks for the result.....worse news than I thought....nevermind 18 points in Ireland and I"m back in the hunt lol

jacko159

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2008, 22:31:25 PM »

its so important to remember you need a better hand to call than to open raise with.

That might mean me but in mitigation I was in the middle of feeding a four week old baby at the time and I saw a chance to treble up and go for the gold !! - maybe Saturday.  Note to self - 5 final tables and only one medal not good enough, must do better.

Congrats to all the medallists, another excellent tourney.

Steve "GoalMachine9" Jackson
J4ck0159 on Betfair

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 18:25:53 PM »

its so important to remember you need a better hand to call than to open raise with.

That might mean me but in mitigation I was in the middle of feeding a four week old baby at the time and I saw a chance to treble up and go for the gold !! - maybe Saturday.  Note to self - 5 final tables and only one medal not good enough, must do better.

Congrats to all the medallists, another excellent tourney.

Steve "GoalMachine9" Jackson

not just u steve. i saw it all tournie, i was guilty of it too, as was most of the final tablist, and even the winner (on a few occasions ehh paul!). think sometimes we get to attacched to our marginal hands after raising and feel committed to call, maybe we should think of the embarrasment of turnin over 87 (even if it is soooted!  :-[).

5 apat final table sounds to me like ur doing just fine mate ;D

ps congrats on the four week old baby  :)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2008, 22:30:46 PM »
Thanks Steve, and congrats also on the birth of, be it all belated 4 months old baby.
Are we talking son or daughter here, name? and is it your first child? You did extremely well under the said conditions, and if I remember rightly you were quite card dead at the final table? Can"t do a lot about that, I know the feeling well. As Billy said, "5 final tables, your doing something right" ;)  Now the final table strategy for want of a better word, is a different animal. I"ve found myself fLoudering at many bubble spots/final tble money bubble spots. Even this week, with a gigantic lead, i nearly blew it. >:( >:( >:(
One of the railbirds, "Englishbart" i think was at it, after receiving good advice and accolade from other Apat members for doing so well on his debut? Started to rub the finalists(Me in particular) up the wrong way, with comments obviously not  much
thought about and slightly derogatory of our play. Hand selection and thought processes are considerably different, once table is short handed. Dependant on more than just your cards or position. Stack sizes and opponents current styles definately go up in priority. I for one am still working on late tourney strategies, I don"t think that there is a single right way to approach a final table. Certainly not to say I"m gonna play tight, enetering with premium hands only. Any more than one can say, I"m going in aggressive to build chips(well you can, but you can also get burned very quickly). Meanwhile back back at the German open final table, i played, and yes I got involved in some action that was needless, then i found myself as the short stack. Something that had only happened once b4 early in the tourney when i was down to 750 chips from a 5k start, and yes  i got busted by 5-7 or something similar. needless to say that loose goose(not you george), soon lost them all and was out. I carried on playing my style and fought back without tilting, something i have put some work into recently. Back to the final tble, I got extremely lucky versus Chris and busted his Aces, for which i genuinley apologised. Now after the event, I am very pleased , but at the time like to think i showed decorum, as i did when i lost chips earlier as mentioned. So did Chris, took it on the chin and bowed out gracefully, played like a true gent and a proffessional Chris. Now then Englishbart, take heed, you will be at the final one day, and you will appreciate the pressure of speed of the hands, when fewer players, bigger blind/stack%. Therefore more all ins, it"s all happening fast, so think on when you next give input, causing players to distract from the meat of meal after playing for 3/4 hours to get there.
Constructive criticsm??? always welcome. You are new to the forum, and i hope you learn quick and have good success.

All the best

Paul Mac 8)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011