Author Topic: A Journey to the wsop,then Blackpool  (Read 26511 times)

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
Re: A Journey to the wsop,then Blackpool
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 16:44:38 PM »
According to wsop site James ended up with 49k
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 17:03:27 PM »
Outstanding from Eck, now you go and get "em Micky.

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 19:41:28 PM »
Well done Eck.  Good Luck Mr P.

aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

janc

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 22:57:22 PM »
C"MON MICKY GO GET EM :D
Form is temporary, but class is permanent

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 23:36:27 PM »
Good work Eck!

Good luck MickyP!

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »
Good Luck to both of you.

:)
Still learn the science and practicing the art

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 15:47:08 PM »
Well i finally have calmed down enough to put my thoughts down.I was sat at table red 30 in the amazon room and got there early to let battle commence.My table consisted of no one i had seen before but in seat 6 apparently (i was in 4) was Duncan Bell who won the $2500 bracelet earlier in the series.Unlike me i was feeling rather nervous and had a dose of the shakes(or was it the lack of alcohol in my system  :D).I dont want to get involved early but on the button i get  :as: kh and make the standard 3x the big blind bet (50-100 blinds),big blind makes up and on a jack high flop i fire out another 300 ,its called again .The turn brings a flush on the board and we check it down mr bracelet winner shows  td th.So with the blinds i"ve lost 750 chips not what i planned.Next hand i get queens ,standard raise again flop comes king high and we check to the river where matey boy hit two pairs.FFS.At the end of level 1 ,i"m down to 17500.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 15:49:15 PM by jacklevel06 »

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 16:04:05 PM »
Wish i knew how to do longer post but any way.LEVEL 2 100-200.Level two was pretty uneventfull as i remember but i had still managed to dwindle my stack to 15500.The dealer called last hand before the break and i find  9c  9d utg ,i flat call and its folded round to the serial table raiser who makes it 800 to go.I call and as every one has gone of for the break there is just us two left at the table. 4s 5c 4h flop and i feel my pair is good but check for some reason,mr raiser fires 1200 into 2400 pot ,i call.Turn is  5d and it goes check,check.River is a blank and i check again so i have the option after i see what my rival does.To my surprise he fires 5000 into a 3600 pot.Looks like a steal to me but calling 5k puts my stack down to 10000,so in typical micky mode i dwell then push them all in.Hes in the tank for ages then says you"ve got the house and folds kings face up .I run out side for a ciggy and check my boxer"s arent full. :D.24k ish at end of level.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 16:14:17 PM »
Well done Micky P. Good to see you making moves on the pros over there. hang in mate and keep the faith
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 17:08:29 PM »
Level 3 150-300 Level 3 was fairly uneventfull.Didnt get involved in much and ended up with 26k or there abouts.By this stage the table had found out i was scottish so i was named brave heart or william which led to a funny situation later.So i head off to the dinner break feeling pretty confident and believing i that i could actually play at this level,which wasnt the case earlier on.Meet up with eck and steph who is an internet pro from scotland and we have a liquid dinner.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 17:11:40 PM »

Level 3 150-300 Level 3 was fairly uneventfull.Didnt get involved in much and ended up with 26k or there abouts.By this stage the table had found out i was scottish so i was named brave heart or william which led to a funny situation later.So i head off to the dinner break feeling pretty confident and believing i that i could actually play at this level,which wasnt the case earlier on.Meet up with eck and steph who is an internet pro from scotland and we have a liquid dinner.

You were going so well  ::)

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 17:28:48 PM »
Level 4 150-300 ,25 ante.Being in a positive mood im looking to build my stack at this level ,iv"e been playing pretty tight so its time to loosen up.There"s 2 short stacks to my right about 5 or 6k each and im looking to get those chips in my stack.About 3 hands into the level i get  ah kh utd and bet 1k,its folded round to big blind who pushes for 4 1/2 more ,i feel i have to call(rightly or wrongly)he turns over  js  jd Flop comes  :as: 5h 9h ,ya beauty he"s drawing to 1 jack,turn is a blank ,river  jc.Fck my life that hurt.im down to 20k.Looking back with the blinds still so low i didnt need to call but i was trying to push on a little at that stage.In the same orbit i get  ah qh and raise ,the other short stack pushes for 5k .I decide to call but i think i was tilting at the time .He shows pocket 9s.First card on flop  :as:,river 9.I cant take this again so leave table and go for a walk.I end level on 15k.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 19:36:04 PM »

Hes in the tank for ages then says you"ve got the house and folds kings face up .I run out side for a ciggy and check my boxer"s arent full. :D.24k ish at end of level.

What a line, had to check my boxers pmsl.

Great stuff

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 22:01:38 PM »
Right people apologies for the lack of updates but i figured if i am going to do some they better start now before i forget what the hell happened.

Disclaimer: Details may be blurry due to what will become obvious.....

Day 1:

Standard flight delayed at gatwick we arrive in vegas staying at the Luxor get checked in and head over to the Rio to register. I forget to lift my passport so will have to come back next day to go through the process (sigh). By now we have been on the go for best part of 30 hours and it is about 9pm vegas time. So we decide to have a beer or two in the Rio. Meet Morlspin, DaMatrix and GamblingGaz (only knowing people by forum names seems a strange world). Anyway a couple of crap lagers later Brian (MCFC on various forums) suggests if i fancy a Guiness we go to O"Sheas so it would be rude not to.

We have a few drinks of the black stuff in O"Sheas and we are down to about 4 guys left. Myself a young lad called Ollie Crawford who won a seat on Virgin, Brian who has came out for 5 days to Rail his mate who he travels to lots of festivals with. His friend is called Stephen Boyd some may know him as the "the Mole" on virgin poker where he plays cash up to the 300/600 euro blind level.

This is Steph:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSubDtX9Gk[/youtube]

So this is steph"s first time in Vegas (amazingly he has only been playing a few years) so i decide that on his frst night seeing the Rio (which is pretty tacky even for vegas) and O"sheas (which is a bit of a dump) wasn"t giving him a good idea of the place. I suggest we head over the road to Caeser"s and have a look at the card room etc which are pretty impressive. Arriving at caesers about 10pm (remember how long we have been up here and well on the sauce) some idiot suggests we play the 11pm tourney (ok it was my idea) young Ollie thinks this is a great idea and registers i have second thoughts and decide to sit down at a 1/3 cash game and steph decides to play some 5/10 cash.

At about 2.30am Steph and I are sttod outside the poker room having a ciggie i have ran my $300 up to about $650 and he has increased his $1000 to about $6500. we couldn"t see ollie and figure he has busted so decide to play for about another 1/2 hour and head as we are absolutely shattered and pretty drunk (trust me there is a theme developing here) Can"t remember much about the hands apart from annoying a guy from luton by calling his flop bet with the stupid intention of making a play at him later but actually hitting my gutshot for broadway and he couldn"t lay dowb his 2 pair  :)

Just at that point Ollie appears he has been out of sight at his table and is well chipped up with about 3 tables left. Well it would be rude to leave the guy i mean we have known him for about 8 hours now so we decide we are there till he bursts. We leave Caesers after 5am (gets rather vague here) Ollie has chopped the tourney ($120 buy in btw) for $1k. I cash out over $1k from the 1/3 game and we realise Steph, who was last seen tipping a wee chinese woman $50 at a time to stack his chips when he went for a smoke, wasn"t about. we figure he has gone back to hotel as he was well gone earlier so we head back and find most of them in the bar at the luxor. Steph soon joins us and it turns out a couple of yanks he was playing with took him to a bar but he got a bit wary and left fairly soon. so after more drinks we head to kip after 6am ish  ???

Steph is in the room net to mine and i ask him how he finished up? he is that drunk he pulls out a bundle of notes and asks me to count it. i made it at least $9k so a cool $8k profit first night in vegas..net morning he said he found another grand in another pocket  :D

Right that was day 1 im off for a coffee may come back and try and post some more in a bit but i need to pass the bar to get it and there are people and drink there.....you know how it is.....

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 22:08:38 PM »
theres no fricking way im missing this next year.
keep it up eck