Author Topic: Never had a beat down like this - i always believe tinternet poker is rigged  (Read 6400 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
down to last 4 in a $50 5 person sit n go - 7500 chips in play

i"m chip leader with 4500 ish and the rest have 500 each and im walking it

me - KK

i raise it put them all in happy to take the blinds and let the others fight for 2nd place and to get heads up (a bit arrognat i know but at 100BB level they aint go long left)

one guy calls with KA

fair enough but he rivers the A and doubles up - it happens

next hand i have 88

raise it up and get a call with 5-6 suited  from the guy i just doubled up and he gets the flush to double to 2k and leave me 3k

next hand i have KK again (at this point i cant believe my luck) and the guy i just quadrupled up puts himself all in - easy call and he has A2

flop comes 22A
and he now has 4k ish to my 1k

few hands later i have QQ i go all in and one of the others who managed to double up calls with J7
JJ on the flop and turn puts me out

im sure internet poker is rigged - theres bad beats - but to happen in the space of 10 or so hands is unbelievable

deanp27

• Platinum Member
trust me - live poker is more rigged
Looking forward to making my first day 2

MartinOwlMan

This sort of thing has happened to me once or twice. I don"t put it down to internet poker being rigged. However if I have doubts about one particular site then I cash out and stay away.

mal666

• Gold Member
what possible gains is there for an internet site to target individual players?

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

what possible gains is there for an internet site to target individual players?

agree, in order for something to be deemed rigged, then the .err..rigger needs to gain from the actions...what possilble gain can the site have from such actions.

i always think how a site can be deemed rigged, as it can"t never force you to play your cards..there is nothing stopping you folding your hand(s) (especially in this situ, as you could have folded your way to the win with your chip lead!?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:17:14 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I agree with Dean; Live poker is far more rigged.

I once ran KK then QQ into the same players AA in consecutive hands.....

.............and sucked out each time ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Online poker is ulitmately rigged, absolutely.

Otherwise it"s fine.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

Online poker is ulitmately rigged, absolutely.

Otherwise it"s fine.

lol  ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
The way I see ALL poker is rigged -- cos I am living proof  ;D ;D ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
also,...never seen a post from someone saying....lucked out on river...i think poker is rigged!!
Carpe Diem

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
to be fair - i dont thin k internet poker is rigged

i was just fuming to be sucked out on so many hands in such a short time whilst dominating the field

maybe i was steaming/on tilit a bit - and i probably was a bit but i was still going in with the best hands

but its more the donkey calls and the guy thinks he"s some world class hero player cause he made the right decisions

at the time i was raging - 24 hours later though - i can look bvack and relaise i didnt make any mistakes - just had bad players thinking they made the right decisions

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer

i was just fuming to be sucked out on so many hands in such a short time whilst dominating the field

maybe i was steaming/on tilit a bit - and i probably was a bit but i was still going in with the best hands

but its more the donkey calls and the guy thinks he"s some world class hero player cause he made the right decisions

at the time i was raging - 24 hours later though - i can look bvack and relaise i didnt make any mistakes - just had bad players thinking they made the right decisions

Welcome to my world

Zukertort

• Silver Member
Just a test of your mental aptitude for this game? If you can forget & move on you passed, if not you have failed this test & will suffer more mental anguish? See you next week at Blackpool!

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

fair play and better luck in the future...
Carpe Diem

MartinOwlMan

What makes you believe he thinks he"s a world class player? Why can"t he just be a recreational player trying his best?

I recommend you read The Tao of Poker by Larry Phillips: it is surprising how positive an effect it can have just by helping you understand the way you feel about the game and its ups and downs.