Author Topic: HELP LUTON AND ALSO IS RELEASING DATA ALLOWED  (Read 5711 times)

batch007

HELP LUTON AND ALSO IS RELEASING DATA ALLOWED
« on: July 29, 2008, 19:43:55 PM »
I would like anyones advice, only been playing for just couple of years and i have quilified for a seat at luton leg 6. can anyone give me some advice, im chewing chair. Never even played live ??BLUFF?? ( apart from friends houses ) so im going to spanked. Also someone told me that they saw on a forum Who is batch007 as i had taken a few gtorns down. so i tryed searching on the internet ( put in poker forum batch007 ) or something like that, and it came up with a site that logs all peoples states, You have to pay for it but it gives you a taster for free and all my states came up from the different sites and i was shocked. Are poker sites allowed to realise my details like this??? shocked that it can happen and thought of bank details came into mind. these are suppose to be secure sites. cheers me up when two sites had me in the top five and i have never played anything but bank rolled from free rolls.lol I know this is two questions but any advice would be appriciated.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 20:10:21 PM by batch007 »

Mayfair

• Silver Member
Re: HELP LUTON AND ALSO IS RELEASING DATA ALLOWED
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 21:27:32 PM »
Funny.

If you play at ipoker as batch007 then you"ve got a nice little
fish bowl next to your name at sharkscope, and your on tilt.  :o

Trouble with sharkscope (dont know about pokerdb or any others) is that they basically only track SNGs. So you could be making a fortune on the cash tables and play the odd SNG for fun which you lose and you look like a fish. Albeit a fish
with a v. healthy roll.

All the data is freely available. You could just login and track players
if you had the time and inclination or have pokertracker datamine or
track down fishy tables for you.

I wouldn"t worry about the stats, just concentrate on sharpening your
own game and enjoy a big poker game.

ATB
Mayfair

batch007

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 21:48:10 PM »
i dont play sit and goes just multi table torns so i do not know where thay get there fiqures from. I also found myself on t6 which i only played a couple of times but they rank me 5th best steps players. Im happy being known as a fish but not sure i like the watching of states without being known. Never mind any tips for fridays big game for me.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 22:02:42 PM »
Never played in a GUKPT game before, but whenever I"ve found myself in a game that I consider to be above my bankroll and my standard I just try and learn as much from the occasion as possible under the assumption that i"ll be playing in those games more regular at some stage in the future when I"ve reached that standard and have the funds. 

Also enjoy it, try not to be intimidated and back yourself.  You don"t want to bleed to death and go home and have to accept that when you had a shot to play in the big games you played like a great big scared nancy boy as I have done once or twice.  I still haven"t forgiven myself for some previous performances.

Finally, try not to get absolutely sh*t faced as you may not recall all the things you were trying to learn. 

Goodluck, I"ll be there for some of the side games.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 22:04:35 PM by WarBwastard »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 23:19:14 PM »

Never played in a GUKPT game before, but whenever I"ve found myself in a game that I consider to be above my bankroll and my standard I just try and learn as much from the occasion as possible under the assumption that i"ll be playing in those games more regular at some stage in the future when I"ve reached that standard and have the funds. 

Also enjoy it, try not to be intimidated and back yourself.  You don"t want to bleed to death and go home and have to accept that when you had a shot to play in the big games you played like a great big scared nancy boy as I have done once or twice.  I still haven"t forgiven myself for some previous performances.

Finally, try not to get absolutely sh*t faced as you may not recall all the things you were trying to learn. 

Goodluck, I"ll be there for some of the side games.

Only ever played with you once, but really can"t imagine you playing like a "great big scared nancy boy"!!  (also can"t imagine you playing whilst not absolutely ****faced!! :) )

batch007

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 23:22:55 PM »
thank you, thats the sort of goals i have set myself, i will just play my game as i have always done and it seems to pay more than loose and has bank rolled me this far. The game side of it i will be ok its more the occasion. big thing for me and i dont want to get lost with nerves in the occasion. do you take anything special with you, might have a bet on myself because my odd must be worth a pound or two. If you go ill be the one with the blue square polo with batch007 on it. Just the experience of being there will be a bonus. once the game starts ill get in my zone but the build up and the event is something else. Only been playing for a couple of years, just over one year on line and i am confident in my game but not confident of the surroundings. But i need to step up my game as i get a finance from poker at the level i play and is comfortable but i need this to take make the next step. Just has come quicker than i thought. Its like playing $5 dollar sit and go then moving up to $100 dollar when you bank roll will not sustain a couple of loses. But it is free so no effect on the bank roll, and i know my game will get me to this level. just out of my comfort zone.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 01:43:12 AM »

Only ever played with you once, but really can"t imagine you playing like a "great big scared nancy boy"!!  (also can"t imagine you playing whilst not absolutely ****faced!! :) )

Ha, was that the Welsh APAT event?  I was a little bit tipsy but not too bad. 

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:23:25 AM »
Yep - you were sat on my immediate left ALLLLLLLLLL day

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:13:26 AM »
I wasn"t in the thing all day!  I"ve had some sessions at Tony Adams" Sporting Chance clinic since then.  I"m..better now.

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
I have played two GUKPT and freerolled one of them, they were miles above my bankroll and was pretty daunted at the thought of playing them to be honest.

The main things I would recommend to you is to take your time and think before you make take any action at the table.  After the first level you will just relax into it as normal and you can enjoy the day.  The build up really is the worst part.

Also remember at all times how deep stacked you are.  If you are playing live for the first time you need to always know exactly how many chips you have and roughly what the rest of the table has which can keep the mind ticking during the hours of folding and stop you from making pricing mistakes into other players. 

Don"t bother watching the tourney average just make decisions based on your stack size relative to the blinds.

Good luck, I"m sure you"ll enjoy it once it starts.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 13:22:14 PM »
Hi

Cant really give you any advise as I have never played one, but this is a good line to follow

The main things I would recommend to you is to take your time and think before you make take any action at the table.  After the first level you will just relax into it as normal and you can enjoy the day.  The build up really is the worst part.

Also remember at all times how deep stacked you are.  If you are playing live for the first time you need to always know exactly how many chips you have and roughly what the rest of the table has which can keep the mind ticking during the hours of folding and stop you from making pricing mistakes into other players. 

Don"t bother watching the tourney average just make decisions based on your stack size relative to the blinds.

Good luck, I"m sure you"ll enjoy it once it starts.

Play tight and in postition, and try and learn as much as you can. You may be fortunate to get some good names on your table, listen and learn, or thats what I would be doing..

Good luck and take it down..

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 18:00:59 PM »
hi matey ,
i am sure i played with you online , if you want a chat before you start i have played quite a few of these and am playing luton. Although i dont think my advice can be too good seen as though i aint cashed in any !
Anyway i take it you qualified online so ask one of the blue square boys to point me out or just listen foe the loudest scouser you see there !! We can have a beer to settle your nerves woop woop

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 18:06:43 PM »
  ....or just listen foe the loudest scouser you see there !! .....

He means it!  He really really does!!

(Iron Maiden full blast on my iPod didn"t drown him out it in Blackpool  ;D)

batch007

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 18:45:08 PM »
we have been on a few final tables on blue square scouse i can remember. I quilified on line though the inside poker torn. I have placed second in the leaque a few times but scholper of what ever his name is pipped me everytime. I just am comfortable cashing in on line and my local game is a good pot too so this is a little out of my comfort zone. It was something i was aim for but came a bit quickly as not been playing long but i am getting a repuatation on line and would love to take that onto the circuit. Its a freebee so im just going to enjoy it and gain the expereince. My bank roll is ticking over nicely but another question, when would you consider being a poker player for a living?? know this may seem a silly question for some. I try and gamble sensible and my poker started off paying for its self. I now earn enough to fund a wage.i would love to play pro but im just learning. I win enough on-line to draw a regular wage and i win enough to fund a dry spell but i always had that as an extra, now i feel i could play more and fund live play and draw a wage but i always had my wage as a safety net so that poker was a hobby not a living. if i did not have tha safety net i think i would effect my judgement. but for me to take my ganme to the next level that safety net is getting in the way. what would anyone suggest.

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 20:03:43 PM »
Hi batch good luck with Luton, just play your own game and dont worry about others.  Above all believe in your own ability.

As for turning pro.  I am sorry to say the fact you have to ask that question means you know the answer.

All the best

Duncthehat
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes