Author Topic: Ireland - Team Discussion.  (Read 26440 times)

Fatboydim

Ireland - Team Discussion.
« on: August 08, 2008, 15:45:26 PM »
For those who don"t know me I"m dropping in to say Hi. here is the place for Irish APAT members to make themselves known.

I used to be described by the bods at Paddy Power Poker as a semi-pro - semi-amateur might be more accurate. You can check out my Blog for more information on me by following the link.

http://www.fatboydim.com

As Captain of the Irish team I will be looking to appoint members from the leader board as a priority. I won"t play myself. my next game is The Irish Poker Classic at the Macau in Cork next Friday. So if anyone is playing that come up and say hello.

Thanks to Des and the team at APAT for proposing me. It"s always an honour to represent the green, white and gold.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 15:48:34 PM by Fatboydim »

TheDiamond

Re: Ireland - Team Discussion.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 15:18:24 PM »
Hi Len,

I am interested in the event. I have plenty of experience with team events. I captained the winning team at the IPO which had the largest ever field in Europe. Obviously since I don"t have any APAT leader-board points you should be picking those that do ahead of me but in the event that those players are unavailable I"d be interested in playing for Ireland.

Nicky.

Fatboydim

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 16:05:30 PM »
Consider your hat thrown into the ring Nicky.

LuckyLloyd

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 16:41:34 PM »
As I said on Boards Len, give us a shout if you like - I"d be interested in participating. My live tournament record:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=76499

Cheers.

Fatboydim

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 17:29:50 PM »
Cheers Lloyd

Of course I"m already familiar with your record. You would be a great addition to the team. Your hat is in the ring with Nickys.

fishfude

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 02:27:47 AM »
Hey,

As PM"ed on Boards I"d like to get involved with this. Sounds like a fun event! BTW kicked that donkey Nicky"s ass at the IPO :-p

Thom

fishfude

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 02:30:12 AM »
Oh, i also have one of those fancy hendon mob pages, but its nowhere near as sexy as Lloyds.... http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94678

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 10:45:15 AM »
Congratulations on your appintment Len, look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Irish team in Brighton, first guinness on me.
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

Fatboydim

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 14:43:39 PM »
Thanks Dewi

Of course none of the Irish Team drink so it"s a banana smoothie for me.... ah go on - you twisted my arm. I"ll have the pint then.

See you in Nov.

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 20:54:51 PM »
Hi

I am interested in the team event and have lots of tournament experience.

I have 39 points in the APAT league and have found some live form recently in slow structured, deep stack events.

Please put my hat in the ring and if you need any more information I will happily pm you.

Cheers

Colin
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 22:10:27 PM by coprey »

Fatboydim

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »
Cheers Colin

I"m away in Cork for the weekend - But please do PM me your details and I"ll respond when I get back.

Fatboydim

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 21:57:52 PM »
Good news - Paddy Power Poker are sponsoring the Irish team for travel and accommodation. A big thank you to Noel, Mike and Eric.
Which I think is fantastic for an amateur event as all the player has to worry about is his / her entry fee. It will probably mean I"ll have more of a headache than I already have in terms of picking the team - but is a real boost.

fishfude

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 03:00:13 AM »
N1 PPP, thats pretty decent!

carrigeen

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »
Hi Len

good result in cork wp (was getting very excited at one stage :D)

will ya throw my name in the ring for this as well my hendon thingy is attached below

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54656

cheers

p

connie147

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2008, 15:19:45 PM »
Hi Len,
I havent competed in the APAT tour so no points there for me. I do have a lot of team event experience though, captaining the kerry team that finished 4th in the Irish championships, and captaining the Cue Club team to victories in the Macau festival team event and Big Slicks team event tourney.

I"d like to throw my hat in the ring as I love the buzz of team events.

Connie