Author Topic: Scotland - Team Discussion  (Read 57518 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Scotland - Team Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2008, 16:47:47 PM »

Oi, Scottish soil, clear off to your own thread. Tell him Des.

Alan is obviously worried about the strength of the Scottish team.
Don"t worry, Silver is still good.  ;)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 16:51:32 PM »

I disagree. From 1k in chips in level 2 to make Day 2 in a National ... that"s the kinda Bravehearts we need roaming in Brighton!

If I remember correctly I won about 1k with 2 hands of 8 3 offsuit then lost 10k with KK v AA.  :D

It was a long slog to Day 2 from there but I did suck out against Jon W when he was all-in with QQ (i think) against my A 10 (or something similar). Anyway as far as this thread is concerned he"s English I"m Scottish so thats OK.  ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »

Oi, Scottish soil, clear off to your own thread. Tell him Des.

As for Brighton, I"ve heard that it"s full of hot women with blue hair  ;D

And if they"re a bit young for your taste, you can just nip along the coast to Torquay  :o
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 21:26:11 PM »
I"m sure you wont be but if you"re struggling for players at the last minute or anything i"d definitely be up for playing in this. I know there"s a lot more qualified than me though so won"t be holding my breath. I have absolutely no APAT ranking at all, however I did make day 2 in the only APAT event i"ve played so far...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
I would be up for it but i guess there is stronger contenders out there than me, but got second a scottish qualifier, and qualified online for london, so my apat record is not the worst, If i dodge the suckout I am I can defo mount a charge. But i shall try play my way in next year playing more events. i think the names mentioned above are very nice pick and will reprasent that tartan army well!!

cheers

kenny
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 11:22:46 AM by THEGUY84 »
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »
Can anyone tell me when these teams will be announced / finalised as I see no dates published on any of the original posts?

Having spoken to some of those who"ve expressed interest in playing for ""The Mighty Scots", I can understand their concerns about leaving it too late. For those of you who have the honour of picking the teams, please consider that flights and accommodation have to be booked (rarely a good thing to leave until the last minute) and let"s give those who are picked a chance to look forward to it.

Mary "xxMAIRxx" Martin
Billy "BillyHo" Leishman
Chris "CrizzyConnor" O"Connor
Kenny "TheGuy84" McKenzie
Grant "Santino67" Speirs (updated 15:34 on 8th Sept)

have all expressed an interest and availability to play

MickyP "jacklevel06" has posted but not confirmed interest / availability.
James "Eck" Eccles has been mentioned but hasn"t posted himself.
Gordon "GiMac" McArthur again has been mentioned but hasn"t posted.

Players who have not yet responded to a thread which have been live for almost a month obviously can"t make it or simply aren"t as "into APAT" as those above and can"t / shouldn"t be considered IMO.

Once we get through the WCOAP next week Stuart, APAT will provide you with a list of leading Scottish players with their performance data over the season.

I don"t know if the above has been issued and whether you"ve contacted anyone on this basis - please just consider that time is ticking on and rooms and planes are filling up.

No surprise that read here the Germans appear to have their team picked and are all organised.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 15:35:03 PM by lukybugur »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »
The season finishes this coming weekend and I would expect the captains to approach their intended selections from that point.  Whether a player has responded to this thread should not have a bearing on their potential selection.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »
IMO, this Forum and the emails that are sent out directing us to this website / forum are the two most powerful tools we have for our Members to keep up to date with Events. An email shot to those who have yet to see these posts would be the best way to make sure all APATers are aware of the Event itself. If they then don"t post an interest, will we then assume that they are unavailable to play and get on with picking the teams?

Players above who have posted interest on here over the past month will bring more APAT passion on the day than someone who is cold-contacted a month after applications have started rolling in. Again IMO
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:36:55 AM by lukybugur »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 11:54:28 AM »
I don"t think this is an application process.  Stuart will decide how he wants to pick his team (we will give him all Scottish player performance data after the WCOAP) and who he wants in the team.  I would expect him to email those players directly and go from there.  He may go solely on rankings, or not.  It will be interesting to see, but we just need to ensure that he is not restricted in his thinking.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »

This thread should be used to discuss Scotland team selections for the European Team Championship. 

Players wishing to be considered for one of four places on the Scottish team should highlight the fact to non playing Captain, Stuart Oliver. 

Please bear in mind that Stuart"s selections are likely to be largely based on APAT National Rankings and Championship performances.

I"ve obviously interpreted it wrong ...

I was of the thinking that by posting an interest in wishing to be considered, you would be added to the list from which the Captain would pick from. If 10 players applied wish to be considered, Stuart"s picks would be from those 10 and "likely" based on APAT rankings.

Sorry Des / Stuart, I don"t mean to interfere.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 13:10:18 PM »
You"re not interfering Neil, it"s all good discussion.  :) That intro was put on each of the captain"s threads but one Captain has actually told interested players to not post in his thread, as decisions would be made based on results and other factors when the season was completed.  That should not stop us speculating on who might get a place though.  We also need to bear in mind that a small percentage of the APAT membership use the forum, while many more take part in our events and might be interested in taking part in this one if called up.

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 13:15:06 PM »
I do hope you are throwing your own hat in the ring for this one Neil?
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Hammerheid

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 13:56:21 PM »
I dont post very often but heres my tuppence worth

Stuart , ultimately its your decision who you choose to represent the mighty Scots and I may be totally biased coz she"s my missus but as Mary is the only scot to win a national event this season ( as well as medalist both online and regional ) then I think she"s a defo starter .

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 14:00:55 PM »
Unfortunately not, I can"t make it. I have loads on the next couple of months and I"m an usher at a Mate"s wedding the following weekend (two nights in a plush place on Loch Lomond) so money and time is tight. You"re MUCH better off without me!

As you"ll see from above, I"m hoping you get in tho BillyHo :)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 14:03:24 PM by lukybugur »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 14:14:18 PM »

I dont post very often but heres my tuppence worth

Stuart , ultimately its your decision who you choose to represent the mighty Scots and I may be totally biased coz she"s my missus but as Mary is the only scot to win a national event this season ( as well as medalist both online and regional ) then I think she"s a defo starter .

Stan wants a weekend in Brighton badly eh ... ? Or he"s badly wantin a weekend to himself maybe ... ?

Dinnae fret mate, I"m sure Stuart has all the info on Mary.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 14:17:06 PM by lukybugur »