Author Topic: Any good poker podcasts  (Read 3970 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Any good poker podcasts
« on: November 27, 2008, 23:12:26 PM »
currently subscribe to the simon mayo film review and chris moyles but looking for a couple of decent poker ones

anyone know any?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Any good poker podcasts
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 23:17:47 PM »
PokerPlayer"s OnTheRail is pretty good, and is available through iTunes

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 23:59:03 PM »
i dont mind the pokerroad podcasts

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 00:09:31 AM »
i"ll give pokerplayers podcast a go

i buy their magazine every month so hopefully its good

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:30:07 AM »
Nick Welthall is very Funny and then there is the Lovely Kara Scott as well qh, is there a better looking femme in Poker??

answers on a postcard  ;D

The Poker player podcast is the way forward.
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 08:26:42 AM »
I"m a fan of the TwoPlusTwo PokerCast (although I admit to being about 3 weeks behind atm). If you"re going trawling through the archived ones, 22, 23 and 41 are all worth a listen. 44, the one with Patrik Antonius should be avoided - it got seriously slated.

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 17:57:59 PM »
I listen to 2+2 as well and like the mixture of gossip, banter and serious stuff.  The Antonius interview wasn"t great, and the Tom Dwan one was even worse, but the Barry Greenstein episode is well worth a listen.  He answered every question with good humour, even the most left field ones, and stayed talking for ages.  Also confirmed that the oft quoted "knock me out and get a signed Ace On The River" is not entirely true...He da man!

Will give the Pokerplayer "cast a go.  I liked Wealthall"s style on that free DVD thingy...
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 19:09:21 PM »

Will give the Pokerplayer "cast a go.  I liked Wealthall"s style on that free DVD thingy...

Really?! I thought it was awful - I enjoy reading his articles but I fell asleep half way through the DVD listening to his drone - honestly, I actually fell asleep!

Podcasts - i"ve only really listened to a couple of Pocketfives ones and the guys voice was one of those whiney-droney American ones (kinda like a more boring Nick Wealthall with a hint of despresingness thrown in for good measure, lol). So I was put off it but am going to check out the 2+2 ones...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 19:52:15 PM »
poker road strategy podcast is worth a listen..they are all archived,the one on bluffing actually had me laughing as they spoke about weak players faults lol...

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 22:41:42 PM »
I agree the 2+2 pokercasts are good.

I think it was Episode 41 that had Aron Jones on it.... WOW.... well worth a listen.
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.