Author Topic: Luton Poker Club - General Discussion  (Read 30366 times)

the-crow

• Champion folder 2008 and Bird Brain 2007
Re: Luton Poker Club - General Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 00:02:23 AM »
            Match 3 on 1st March

mindmanWPL         Cardiff 10 pts
Drowslasher           Cardiff 9 pts
strider68               Plymouth 8 pts
99olbren               Southampton 7 pts
EMSGAWA9           Bristol 6 pts
scjn01                  Luton 5 pts
fmb009                 Plymouth 4 pts
masai7                  North London 3 pts
1cey                    Cardiff 2 pts
StantersEMS         Brighton 1 pt
~*v*~   CAWW  ~*v*~  ~*v*~     ~*v*~   ~*v*~   ~*v*~

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »

Thanks Rob

Jeffers

• Bronze Member
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 09:44:31 AM »
Super Luton, we"re off the mark!!!

Well done Chris!
Gotta be in it to win it!

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »
Yeah, well done Chris!!  ;D

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
Is anybody signed up to Luton Poker Club interested in giving the National League a try this weekend?  We appear to have a lot signed on, but only 2 or 3 playing each week.  I will commit myself to playing the next 3 games and hopefully some others will....PLEASE!!!

Or as good old Delia would say "WHERE ARE YOU......LET"S BE "AVIN YOU!!!"  ;D

Have people lost interest?  Are they on AOL, so are having technical problems?  Or what?

So come on, players, captain etc., let"s see what we can do......

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2009, 20:40:57 PM »

Is anybody signed up to Luton Poker Club interested in giving the National League a try this weekend?  We appear to have a lot signed on, but only 2 or 3 playing each week.  I will commit myself to playing the next 3 games and hopefully some others will....PLEASE!!!

Or as good old Delia would say "WHERE ARE YOU......LET"S BE "AVIN YOU!!!"  ;D

Have people lost interest?  Are they on AOL, so are having technical problems?  Or what?

So come on, players, captain etc., let"s see what we can do......

apologies have i haven"t palyed any..various reasons....they main prob now as I see it, is as we had a bad start, it is I think impossible for us to challenge for the tops spots, so people will naturely lose interest?!
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 15:14:13 PM »
Thanks for replying Waz.  I appreciate that we didn"t get off to a great start, but for everyone except one or two to give up after 6 of the 20 games is a bit too early imo.  Even at the halfway point, it is still possible to put a run together.  Bristol put a couple of results together and managed to get back in the hunt.  It"s just a shame that so many lost interest so quickly.  (I am assuming it is a lack of interest, as no-one else replied to my previous post....)  However, I will carry on playing.......

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 19:55:01 PM »

Thanks for replying Waz.  I appreciate that we didn"t get off to a great start, but for everyone except one or two to give up after 6 of the 20 games is a bit too early imo.  Even at the halfway point, it is still possible to put a run together.  Bristol put a couple of results together and managed to get back in the hunt.  It"s just a shame that so many lost interest so quickly.  (I am assuming it is a lack of interest, as no-one else replied to my previous post....)  However, I will carry on playing.......

defo has gone a bit quite on the club forum..which is a shame as we did have good numbers joining.  Here is to the next one...
Carpe Diem

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 22:23:42 PM »
wow know one posted on here since June.....have i just wasted $10?

JJ vs AQ out in 17th.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 23:12:11 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 22:38:41 PM »

No, Fandango and I have been playing each week.  Nice to see someone else still playing.  ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2009, 23:10:20 PM »
cool..and gl with the rest of the games..  that was my 1st one (sorry!).. I meant with the wasted $10, i didnt reliase the game was not so individual, and more club dictated.

so with only 6 to go or something, not alot of point continueing?..as more closer to the end result gets, the more each TEAM point will matter.   :-\
Carpe Diem

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2009, 23:13:58 PM »

cool..and gl with the rest of the games..  that was my 1st one (sorry!).. I meant with the wasted $10, i didnt reliase the game was not so individual, and more club dictated.

so with only 6 to go or something, not alot of point continueing?..as more closer to the end result gets, the more each TEAM point will matter.   :-\

A real push in the last five games could potentially make a 3rd/4th place finish.  It would be extremely tough.  It"s a shame for Luton, because the players signed up are all very good and there was a lot of potential to do well.

You were a lot of peoples tips to get through to the grand final, but alas, if you aren"t getting the numbers, it is a tough one.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2009, 23:18:54 PM »
will do my best to play in the rest..but now so far behind, but i  like a challenge.  Does it not have the potential now though for the top clubs in the leaderboard, err..maybe not play to knockout out the team members..thus making it even harder to win any thing with the large club members playing "together" so to speak?   :-\
Carpe Diem

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2009, 23:21:41 PM »

will do my best to play in the rest..but now so far behind, but i  like a challenge.  Does it not have the potential now though for the top clubs in the leaderboard, err..maybe not play to knockout out the team members..thus making it even harder to win any thing with the large club members playing "together" so to speak?   :-\

Soft play and collusion are not allowed, but volume of players does make a difference to the ability of other clubs.

As you say, a challenge.   ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2009, 00:21:32 AM »

Soft play and collusion are not allowed,

unavoidable surely, in latter stages - and im aware of the high spirt in the APAT..beeing to sum live games and it brill..

not implying it would, but id b surprised if it didnt
Carpe Diem