Author Topic: Gus Hansen's book.....  (Read 11961 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Gus Hansen's book.....
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »

If you try gus or daniels style in a Online SNG, then your reslults will dramtically drop, trust me i know because i tried it out a few months ago. ABC poker is the only way to go with the faster tourneys.

The Pokerstars Deepstack tournaments are slower than almost any other tournament on the planet - they might be a good place to experiment if you want to try and bring elements of these 2 styles into your play.

Yep or the APAT tourneys! Word of caution if you wanna play the stars deepstackers- they are VERY VERY VERY deepstacked!!!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 13:31:56 PM »

There is an interesting thread on 2+2 where Jimmy Fricke (Gobboboy) gives his account for some of the hands, particularly when they were HU.  You need to start from about post #133.  The thread does deteriorate unfortunately in true 2+2 style as people start trading insults.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/33/books-publications/every-hand-revealed-185983/

That"s one helluva thread on 2+2 - almost as long as the book itself!!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 14:10:29 PM »
... and how much of a pounding does Gobboboy take ... ?

Fair dues to him though, he sticks with it (as far as I"ve read to anyway).

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 17:23:49 PM »
I couldnt get over the number of posts many of the regulars on there have..... loads seem to have 4000+, and a handful upward of 15000. Perhaps they are professional forumites, or more likely they have little else to do....

Puts Kinboshi to shame!!

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 21:38:45 PM »
just to echo what george2loose said about how deep stacked the pokerstars tourneys are.......

i played in one not so long ago, on a saturday night.

$20 +$2 buy in....450 players and it started at about 11.15 pm.....i went bust at 6.30 am and came in at 24th i think....

there is so much room to try different styles and tactics, and get a feel for you table. I reckon if it was not so late (or early) i would have done better.

As a side note, iv also seen chris moneymaker playing in these.....lol.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 22:35:36 PM »

There is an interesting thread on 2+2 where Jimmy Fricke (Gobboboy) gives his account for some of the hands, particularly when they were HU.  You need to start from about post #133.  The thread does deteriorate unfortunately in true 2+2 style as people start trading insults.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/33/books-publications/every-hand-revealed-185983/

That"s one helluva thread on 2+2 - almost as long as the book itself!!

I couldnt get over the number of posts many of the regulars on there have..... loads seem to have 4000+, and a handful upward of 15000. Perhaps they are professional forumites, or more likely they have little else to do....

Puts Kinboshi to shame!!

there are some who are complete wasters but in that thread there are some very well known live and internet pros making comments.
Good reading both,Gus out of the box ideas and Jimmys more correct poker theory style clashing and gus wins the war...gr8 stuff

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 15:58:07 PM »
Does gus"s book teach you how to hold onto chips  say 11k  worth hahahahahahah
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 16:02:52 PM »

Does gus"s book teach you how to hold onto chips  say 11k  worth hahahahahahah

cheeky beggar - at least I turned up on time :)

Oh yeah - and wd in last night"s walsall sat, even if you did ignore me when i took the trouble to come to your table and say hi :)

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 16:08:38 PM »
Soz mate i didnt see you write to me at all i just noticed u were errrrrrrrrrrrrr   out lol ;D no way wud i ignore ya  see ya in tonites sat  errrr  sry u wont i already made it  mmmmmmmmmmmm  nice
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013