Author Topic: Insta-fold?  (Read 2287 times)

clynd99

• Silver Member
Insta-fold?
« on: January 11, 2009, 20:46:09 PM »
This came up Friday gone. We"re playing a live game with the Black Country Poker Club where, over the course of 6 months, one game per month points are totted up and league winner plays a large national event.

I am huge chip leader at this point, after getting super lucky, maybe 2-1 on everyone else at the table. I am also looking to improve my league standings at the end of this, the third meeting. The two other guys in this hand are above me in the league standings so far, and while being possibly below average in chips on this day, are both still looking for a decent finish for their points tally.

Anyway, I"m still stacking chips from a small pot I"ve just won when dealt to me UTG is  ac kh. I raise up and MP folds, then the two guys in the blinds both shove all in. I have them both easily covered, and have the chance to knock them both out. If I call and loose, I lose the chip lead to one of two very good, aggressive players.

What would you do here?

I thought about it, before folding the hand. Given the situation I thought it was the best thing to do, and left the two blinds to fight it out. SB turned over  6c 6s, while BB showed  ah qd. The board brought no Aces, Kings or Queens and the SB doubled through to go three handed.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Insta-fold?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 22:42:24 PM »
yep,m insta fold for me - once 2 players are all in, even with AK im out of there

i"d need aces, kings or queens to carry on - maybe JJ

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
Re: Insta-fold?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 23:50:10 PM »
I am guessing that it was a standard raise of 3/4xBB?

Anyway, ideally this is what you want.

"Them" to get into a fight with each other and then you pick the winner off getting as many points as possible from the win.

The worst case scenario for you by folding is that the guy with 66 gets some/one (dont know sturcture) extra point over BB+you loose your raised chips. Even so its a much better scenario then calling and loosing more chips.

Basically you have a better chance of winning the whole thing by preserving your chips and taking one of them on, as aposed to calling loosing and trippling thru the SB.
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"