Author Topic: Las Vegas in 2009  (Read 25033 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Las Vegas in 2009
« on: January 11, 2009, 22:45:00 PM »
I"ve just booked my summer holiday (flights only atm) and after 3 days in New York, I"ve 6 days in Vegas Baby! I"m looking into staying at the MGM Grand again but haven"t booked accom yet.

Fly in at 6pm on 30th July. Fly out 9am on 5th August.

Anyone else planning to be in Poker City around then?

janc

• Silver Member
Re: Las Vegas in 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 22:47:12 PM »
 :) Lucky bugger
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 22:48:47 PM by janc »
Form is temporary, but class is permanent

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 22:49:55 PM »
Chezger going into check out the dates mode;

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 22:58:25 PM »
I was just thinking today how good an APAT Vegas Tour 2009 would be.   ;D

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 23:02:20 PM »
Sounds very good Leigh, No Guinness there i hope. ;D

Start looking at some dates Ger.

Neil, You smoothy, Ny first eh? N1.
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 23:04:07 PM »

Sounds very good Leigh, No Guinness there i hope. ;D

Start looking at some dates Ger.

Neil, You smoothy, Ny first eh? N1.

Not a bad pint in "The Nine Fine Irishmen" In NYNY  ;D

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 23:08:53 PM »
hey neil there is a good chance i might be, me an misses are going to book flights at the end of the month think we are going to do LA then on to vagas. Where did you book your flights???

Kenny
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 07:42:53 AM »
I was going to try and go out and play in one of the $1,500/$2,000 WSOP tournies this year but then the exchange rate fell to pieces so not quite sure anymore. Will see what happens over next month or two - no summer plans as of yet due to the £ being sh*t against every currency going...  >:(

Going back is high on the list of my priorities though and hope to do so this summer, we shall see...

On the hotel front, I stayed at the Flamingo last time and loved it. It was small enough to know your way around, know where everything is and get a personal service. It was also pretty cheap when we went, although I see has went up a little. The location is superb, probably the exact centre of the strip and every hotel is within walking distance basically - if you don"t like walking there"s a monorail stop in the hotel to take you up and down the strip. I"d reccomend the hotel to everyone. Don"t think the location could be beat by any...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:47:44 AM by CrizzyConnor »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »
If you"ve not yet booked accomodation you could do worse than try the "name your price" facility on priceline. When I was last in Vegas in November 07, I did this, searched for four star hotels and got seven nights in the Westin Casuarina for £30 a night. This hotel is opposite the rear entrance/monorail station for Ballys and only a couple of minutes walk from the strip (I timed myself and could get from the lobby to the poker room in Caesars Palace in five minutes!). Although its not as well known as some of the strip hotels its got the most comfortable beds i"ve ever slept in,a very nice restaurant,small gym that doesn"t ever seem to get too busy, gift shop, Starbucks etc and has a much more laid back vibe than most of the hotels in the area. Highly recommended.  
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
Thanks for the accommodation provider links. Keep those websites coming - they"re all significantly cheaper than I"ve managed to find myself.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »
Got some cheap hotels on Alpharooms.com before but booked my Las Vegas hotel direct on the Flamingo website and got it really cheap last year.... Just under £30 a night if I remember correctly.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
Keep an eye on FatWallet.com.

If you book direct with the hotel you can always cancel, with no penalty upto 48/72hrs before arrival (except maybe a little loss on C/Card exchange rates), if you find a better offer.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
Would like to join you Neil but can"t afford it - just spent all my money on a new pc  ;)

DJKebab

• Bronze Member
  • Whatcha gonna do, brother??!!
    • Blair Kirkland
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »
Nice one Neil, always good to have something to look forward to! Would love to be back there this year but looking unlikely I think.

Definitely worth shopping around and doing as much research as you can, my only advice would be to always start with the hotel"s own website (provided you have decided on a specific one of course) as I find the majority of the time that"s where you actually get the best deal.

Not sure of your budget etc., but if you"re looking at MGM, take a peek at The Signature at MGM (white towers, gold windows, behind MGM itself). We stayed there last time, bit pricier than MGM, but absolutely georgeous, and connected to MGM via covered walkway. Quite good for couples I would say as you feel like you"re a bit away from all the "gaming madness" but you can walk to MGM in air-conditioned comfort in 5 minutes, or jump direct to the strip.

Hope you find a good deal!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 11:25:22 AM »

Would like to join you Neil but can"t afford it - just spent all my money on a new pc  ;)

And I"ve just spent all your PC money on my flights  ;)

Thanks Blair. I have tried the hotel sites themselves and MGM / MGM Signature, regardless of where I"m looking, are a bit out of our price range. We"re taking Scott (15) this time so I"m looking for more of a family room and happy to slum it in 3+ / 4 star. Ideally something between The Wynn and MGM at the south, with good pool areas.

I"m currently working through the recommendations above and tripres.com . It"s all good stuff.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:36:02 AM by lukybugur »