Author Topic: APAT World Championship of Amateur Poker (27th - 30th Aug)  (Read 128466 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT World Championship of Amateur Poker (27th - 30th Aug)
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2009, 19:35:40 PM »

I have a question regarding when I will know if I have gained a Main Event seat via clickfest.

I"m interested in the ME & Omaha..so far so good, but if I can"t get a seat in the ME my backup is the HORSE.

As the buy-in dates are only two days apart (ME/HORSE), i don"t want to clickfest the HORSE if, the poker gods willing, I can"t play the HORSE due to success in the ME.

So, will I get to know if I have been successful in the ME clickfest in time to NOT buy into the HORSE?

I don"t think there is any way that the 300 seats will sell out on Thursday, so there should be no delays in confirming your main event seat.

I find your lack of faith quite disturbing!....I think these will sell like Jessica Alba"s knickers at a Sci-Fi convention.

But thanks for the info.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2009, 19:43:22 PM »

I have a question regarding when I will know if I have gained a Main Event seat via clickfest.

I"m interested in the ME & Omaha..so far so good, but if I can"t get a seat in the ME my backup is the HORSE.

As the buy-in dates are only two days apart (ME/HORSE), i don"t want to clickfest the HORSE if, the poker gods willing, I can"t play the HORSE due to success in the ME.

So, will I get to know if I have been successful in the ME clickfest in time to NOT buy into the HORSE?

I don"t think there is any way that the 300 seats will sell out on Thursday, so there should be no delays in confirming your main event seat.

I find your lack of faith quite disturbing!....I think these will sell like Jessica Alba"s knickers at a Sci-Fi convention.

But thanks for the info.

a.  It does seem odd but I think the little bit extra buy in, with the bank holiday weekend, and of course the expanded capacity means that it probably won"t sell out straight away.

b. Lightweight. I"m planning on entering and winning the ME and the HORSE.

Live multi tabling FTW imo
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2009, 20:27:11 PM »
Why would xxxxxBobFishxxxxx

enter on the second night when he has alreadsy6 qualified the night before?

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2009, 20:33:58 PM »
I don"t know but calling him a retard several times in chat isnt acceptable.
Mary Kivlin

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2009, 20:51:30 PM »
I did actually speak to him / her 4 times to enquire as to why he was playing again!

The silence brought out the worst in me

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2009, 21:04:48 PM »
unlucky foggy. these seats are hard enough to get hold of as it is, but having seat holders knocking people out of subsequent satellites is harsh

BobFish

« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2009, 21:26:45 PM »

I did actually speak to him / her 4 times to enquire as to why he was playing again!

The silence brought out the worst in me

I guess I should break my silence and explain myself..

When I played in APAT event for the first time, I was bowled over by the friendlyness of the other players & organisation, and could easily see that it could get extremely big.  Des and the guys (& gals) do a superb job.

However, I have become extremely disillusioned with the behaviour of players during the on-line events.  Whilst every site / championship has episodes of, shall we say "less than friendly chat", I would expect APAT events to set a certain standard.  (isn"t friendiness part of the APAT mantra?)

Last night was a prime example. 

Because one particular player decided to play A8, he was systematically mocked, talked down and basically heckled by a number of regular APAT players.  And this i beleive is because he wasn"t in the APAT "club".  and I don"t mean the association, but a clique of players who have obviously been members from very early days and have decided that any new faces should be torn down a strip or two at any opportunity.  The unfriendly chat went on for quite a while and was in no way constructive.  Nor did the chatters attempt to engage in a conversion with the player in question, instead deciding to chat about the player in the third person, as of he wasn"t there.

I was blxxy fuming at this behaviour.  it wasn"t directed at me, and I stayed off the chat, but I have been the subject of such episodes myself in previous events.

And I have seen lots of other examples.

Why oh why do players think this behaviour is acceptable on line??? They would not dare to be so rude and discourtious in a live tournament, but I guess they feel brave with the protection of the screen.

APAT looks to be going in the right direction with a bigger main event in August.  If we are not all careful, it will shrink into a very niche organisation because it will not be able to attract new members and keep hold of them.  Who the hell wants to join an organisation where the existing members just trash talk everyone else.

Lets all grow up a bit and keep the chat positive.  Let"s not single out players because they play one style or another.  (poker would be a very boring game if everyone played according to the same formulae).  And lets encourage new players, whether live or on-line, and get them to join the site.

As to why I didn"t answer back to your on-line chat, it"s switched off (Because of the above).  Not my fault you called my all-in raise with a weaker hand.  And I wonder if you would be complaining if the hand had gone the other way.

P.s  I"m very pleased I didn"t see your comments in the chat box, if the previous post is accurate, which I have no reason to beleive it is not.  (again my chat was off).  But perhaps it on confirm"s my comments here.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2009, 21:32:18 PM »
Bob - fair comments, and I too hate chat box trash talk from people who wouldnt say boo to a goose in a live game. I think APAT is an excellent community to play in, both live and online, and believe there is far less rubbishy trash talk than in more standard online games.

Question for you.... having qualified for the WCOAP Main Event last night (well done on that!), why are you playing tonight"s satellite?

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2009, 21:39:03 PM »

Bob - fair comments, and I too hate chat box trash talk from people who wouldnt say boo to a goose in a live game. I think APAT is an excellent community to play in, both live and online, and believe there is far less rubbishy trash talk than in more standard online games.

Question for you.... having qualified for the WCOAP Main Event last night (well done on that!), why are you playing tonight"s satellite?

Have I missed something here?

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2009, 21:40:30 PM »

crizzy - i seem to remember you should have been long gone before that particular blind steal when you runner runner me with something similar! ul, hope you get a seat somehow before the event.

Yep another blind and ante steal but was the correct push 100% of the time. I was increasing my stack by 22% at that point and you could only call me really with the top 5% of hands... which you did have with QQ. I runner runner"d but that"s iPoker for you. Good luck at the worlds though - hopefully will be joining you all there!
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2009, 21:42:39 PM »

a seat by the looks of it lol i think there be loads a seats on click feast and no need to worry about it plus i think u should be able to play more then one sat like gukpt but hey if we dont get seat will can get piss and play cash woop woop

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2009, 21:43:51 PM »

yep - a little forum moderation after my post :)   (makes me look a dick quoting an invisible post - lol)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 21:46:08 PM by AMRN »

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2009, 21:44:29 PM »

I thought this all got stopped....????
South London la la la

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2009, 21:45:51 PM »
No clickfest for the fog!!!

Turkey in the morning for 7 days golf

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2009, 21:48:05 PM »

No clickfest for the fog!!!

Turkey in the morning for 7 days golf
well email dez then and ask if u can have seat