Author Topic: It seemed the right play, you'll tell me otherwise  (Read 7122 times)

bigredders

• Gold Member
Re: It seemed the right play, you'll tell me otherwise
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 15:05:17 PM »

i personally think folding is way too tight imo ;D

Bear in mind that the raise has come from UTG (and we do not know yet that he is a spewer) what range do you put UTG on? Does AQo really play well against this range?

as hiimchris said a lot of people now see utg as the new button. A lot of players these days play aces, kings queens utg by limping to either flat call or reraise when they are raised. ak is a possibility, but the only one we are in bad shape against imo. This is why i would probably call the raise and get away if i missed.

would maybe fold aq if a better standard of tourni, too many players in these kind of tournis overplay mid range hands in early position.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 07:36:11 AM »
dont mind the re-raise if you have a read on villain otherwise its spewy...

If i had been you Chipaccrual i"d sat back for a couple of orbits and tried to get a feel for the table..
Rather than gamble like you did here chip when at the 30bb ish stack size is that in the mid to late stages of a mtt i try to target players,one way i attack players is to figure out what kinds of players are weak post-flop and single out those players" blinds for raises i will try to do it in a unopened pot and raise there blinds as much as possible without trying to make it to obvious so that a thinking type on my left cottons on to what i am doing.I also get the benefit of playing a weak post flop player in the blinds oop and myself in position.I also look for players who have the most to lose by playing a pot with me , mid size stacks who won"t to get involved with a marginal hand in a big pot [this is why i like your re-raise] mid size for me is any player who has 15-30 big blinds and players who are no more than twice my stack size [i"ll still try it on with a bigger stack if he is the right type]
Also keep an eye out for players who have recently won or lost big pots for opportunitys , the big winner may well tighten up and not want to spew chips so soon after a good win and likewise the big loser may be hurting and may make mistakes.. All these things should be noted for future reference if you spot the players who fall into all the above...

4. Post flop, am I ever getting away from this ? (With hindsight, the all-in was aggressive)

the answer is no, he got lucky...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 07:39:21 AM by noble1 »

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 10:19:30 AM »

The only non standard part of this hand is the villains call of your 3bet.

Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »
Oh and anyone open folding from a raise to UTG here please be at my table in Cardiff :D
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 17:16:01 PM »

Oh and anyone open folding from a raise to UTG here please be at my table in Cardiff :D

+1 ;D