Author Topic: COMMENTS ON THIS HAND GREATLY APPRECIATED  (Read 6586 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: COMMENTS ON THIS HAND GREATLY APPRECIATED
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 21:04:49 PM »
I am not convinced this is a clear cut fold ...

If you are QQ vs AK vs JJ ... 46% to triple up
QQ vs AQ vs JJ ... 57%
If QQ vs Ak vs Ak(s) ... 61.7% (I think this is unlikely)
(Aside QQ vs JJ vs TT ... 66.3%)

If you are against KK or AA (I would say that is unlucky) but I don"t really expect these hands ... perhaps the flat call is just a potential throw away if Marysboy goes all in with QQ or KK or AA.

You can only raise c2000 so no need to raise.

I agree takes balls to fold QQ ... but I think I might play this one ... really marginal though ... seen so many things like AK vs (lower pp or AK/AQ) vs higher pp.

My feel on PokerStars and other sites is that their is a slight bias towards people thinking that need to be aggressive and hence the need to slightly weaken what you think people are on ... (sometimes not that slight!)

Anyway totally marginal for me ... how happy would you be to cash ... how much do you just want to go for the win (or high spots in the money) ...

If you have 5BB insta-call ... maybe 25BB pushes it to a fold ... mmm ... interesting hand.

What would you do next time?

Louis

Morethanluck

• Silver Member
Re: COMMENTS ON THIS HAND GREATLY APPRECIATED
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »
Thanks Louis.  I agree with you that it"s not a clear fold.

If I put the first guy on a reasonably wide pushing range (say 99+ AQs+ and AQo+) ane even put the second guy on a tight range (say KK+ AKs AKo), I have approximately 33% equity against their 22% and 45%.

However, my read (which was incorrect!) based on Toreraise"s previous play was that he was capable of big lay downs and was a solid player, and that he probably wouldn"t be calling the all in with a worse hand than probably AA or KK.  In that case my equity falls to 16%.

I had finished second two weeks previously (winning 2.2k from a fiver) and knew I was capable of going deep so that was the main reason for folding.  I never play to just cash and folding to the money is of no interest.  With 25BB I thought I still had enough time to pick a better spot, particularly the way the table was playing.

Against the same player based on previous play, I would probably do the same again.  Otherwise it would be situation dependent, but all other things being equal I would probably make the call.  I actually lost the following week in the APAT league with QQ after reraising and ended up against KK!

All the best.

Craig