Author Topic: iS IT CORRECT TO ENTER DAY 2 SATELLITE WHEN U HAVE ALREADY QUALIFIED  (Read 8407 times)

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
Re: iS IT CORRECT TO ENTER DAY 2 SATELLITE WHEN U HAVE ALREADY QUALIFIED
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 21:23:48 PM »
oh just noticed 6th only get $40
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

BobFish

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 21:52:16 PM »

And next time when someone enquires as to why they are playing again, they might have the decency to answer!

My response is on the other thread you have opened up.

In my defense, I registered for the tonights event in error.  I had two lobby windows opened, with the intention of watching the APAT event and playing in another, but clicked on the wrong register button.   I only realised my mistake when I returned from the kitchen to find the "wrong" table had popped up.

In answer to another comment, I have not changed my hand selection and have certainly not played in a more "fearless" style because I was already qualified.  I play the cards I am dealt in a style I am comfortable with.  And every hand I won with was a good hand.  Now silly drawing going on with me.

besides, I am now short stacked enough to be pretty certain of not getting another seat. 

10"s vs KK, done me damage.

So if I have upset a number of APAT members because of my mistake, I appologise.  I obviously never expected to get two seats. 

And talking of the spirit of APAT, I encourage you all to take a look at the other thread.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 23:00:26 PM »
Bob, I wasn"t having a go at you - just the idea that people who have won seats can then play in another sat. The software should sort that.

It"s easy to say that your game doesn"t change after you"ve won a seat, but my game certainly would.  You will be more willing to call or raise with a marginal holding as you know that there"s nothing on the line other than the buy-in.

Because it"s APAT, it"s not the price of the seat that"s at stake, it"s being able to get a seat without having to go through the clickfest.  That"s why the satellites are so popular for a £75 or £100 tournament.

If I"d made the mistake of registering for another satellite, I"d have sat out and let myself get blinded away.  This I feel would be the fairest thing to do in the "APAT spirit".

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 17:31:18 PM »
surely the boffins a BS can stop this from happening
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 19:07:02 PM by Chelsea »
South London la la la

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 18:52:21 PM »
This can be stopped cos you cannot register for 2 satellites for the gukpt. You can win more than one package but cannot enter a sattellite for say the 270 feeder. So it can defo be done!
Also i disagreethat if people do play this by mistake or any other reason they would play different. At the end of day you all still playin for the same thing whether its 200 $ package or 200 $ cash !
Before this is all jumped on think of whether you play different on stars for tourney dollars?  
I understand value of not havin to go in clickfest and do agree people should be unable to register once won seat. But i also think it adds seat/cash and in a way the more the merryer.
And another spanner whilst i am here the more online seats that are won with registration fee on blue square  = APAT technically not being registration free!
I know all other seats ARE registration fee and a sponsor is needed for the cash injection etc  so please dont shoot me for it lol

BobFish

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 00:13:01 AM »
Kinboshi - i never thought you were having a go, so no hard feelings.

But scouse"s comments reflects mine thoughts exactly.  $10 is $10 and it did increase the prize pool. 

It"s not in my nature to throw money away.  It"s the welshman in me.  I"m only going to bet if i have a GOOD chance of winning.  I just ain"t got it in me to chuck in chips with only a slim chance of taking the pot.  I hate gambling.  Lord knows why I play poker??