Author Topic: DTD online reg  (Read 5809 times)

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
DTD online reg
« on: April 09, 2009, 00:41:47 AM »
Am I right in thinking I can register for tounrments online for live events? If so how far in advanced can I do it and how long does it take to set everything up and load the cash, etc. ie 5min job or lots of faffing around?

Thanks
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: DTD online reg
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 09:05:51 AM »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »
when regging for the £330 this month i think i got a 7e discount. I think they just get a set exchange rate at the start of the week and it could go a little bit either way.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »

when regging for the £330 this month i think i got a 7e discount. I think they just get a set exchange rate at the start of the week and it could go a little bit either way.

Sounds like they"ve sorted the problem then.  It was something like an additional £25 for the £300 if you regged online when it was first set up.  
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:43:36 AM »

Sounds like they"ve sorted the problem then.  It was something like an additional £25 for the £300 if you regged online when it was first set up. 

yeah i went through and worked it out and it did look expensive at first. Be careful not to compare it with online ex-rates though - you need to obviously compare the cost with the rate the site converts £-e - i think i get 363e for my £330 if i deposit today and the buy in is 356e i think.

although i had a few beers before looking last night.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Chili

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 00:54:17 AM »
Thanks Kin for directing me to this thread.

I work as part of the DTD Customer Service team and will gladly answer questions that you have about the club or the online site.

Am I right in thinking I can register for tounrments online for live events? If so how far in advanced can I do it and how long does it take to set everything up and load the cash, etc. ie 5min job or lots of faffing around?
Thanks

As Kinboshi said, you can register online for any of the live weekly scheduled tournaments or the Monthly Deepstack £300 & £150 events.  The Weekly events (£25, £50 & £75) are available for pre-reg 2 weeks in advance, and the Monthly events are available right after the last months event has ended.

Its not much faffing around to open an account, just go to DTDPoker.com to download the client and then register your details in the cashiers page.  You will find the DTD Live comps in the MULTI TOURNEY/SPECIALS tab.

We moved to the boss network on the 18th March and the initial problem with the exchange rate was because the rate had to be set one month prior to the launch date.  With the time & fluctuation, it went in DTD"s favour that time by a considerable way but we were able to change the rate the minute it was realised and no one lost out.

This month in fact DTD are losing out because as of today we were losing around 8 euro"s per online buyin to the £330 Deepstack which is this coming Saturday.  This is though unavoidable at the moment with only being allowed to set the rate of the online registration price once per month!

If anyone was wishing to play the £330 Deepstack this Saturday and hasn"t bought in, I heavily suggest you buy in online which is open until 7pm tomorrow (Friday) night because seats are in very high demand and there is a cap of 333 players.  After 8.30pm on Friday night, seats go on general sale live in the club itself and then again when the club opens on Saturday at 5pm leading upto the event start time of 7pm.  Please note that last month, all seats were sold out by 5.30pm on Saturday afternoon.

(Des, hope this information was ok to post on here)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:09 AM »

(Des, hope this information was ok to post on here)

He lost you after the first paragraph  ;D ;D

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 13:10:00 PM »
Cheers kinboshi and chilli for the info!

Wasn"t too much faffage, I am not a fan of faffing. See you at the tables

Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 13:30:31 PM »
Welcom Chili, I registered online for last Sundays tourney but my name was not on the seating list, so I reccomend that anyone who reg"s online check at the cash desk a good 15mins before the comp starts.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Chili

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 13:41:08 PM »

Welcom Chili, I registered online for last Sundays tourney but my name was not on the seating list, so I reccomend that anyone who reg"s online check at the cash desk a good 15mins before the comp starts.

That was a rare thing Bainn, the move over has not been without glitches.  Yes, it would be a good idea to make sure your name is on the live list when you arrive - but it very much should be  :)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 13:49:08 PM »

That was a rare thing Bainn, the move over has not been without glitches.  Yes, it would be a good idea to make sure your name is on the live list when you arrive - but it very much should be  :)

Completely concur that it was a rare thing, just a suggestion until all is sorted after the network change.
  Deepstack champion S2