Author Topic: A decent cash at last ... AND THEN ANOTHER!  (Read 3789 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
A decent cash at last ... AND THEN ANOTHER!
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »
... and a lot of luck with it ... (until right at the end)

4th of 163 in the Betfair $20k last night ... for $1,600 from $21 (qualified).

Early on things looking very bleak ... especially when getting bluffed off two pairs on a mega danger board ...

With 678 chips from 407,000 - not looking great at all - but in classic small stack style sometimes easy to double and soon back to parity (2500) ... and then soon in the middle of the pack ... via KJ vs AJ and A8 vs AK!

That is a lot of luck to burn - but it was soon to get better - when I pushed all in with JJ only to find AA - but for once the Hooks did their job ... taking me pretty close to the final table which duly arrived ... short stacks gone ... seven runner left TT looks will a push with 10ish BBs ... in trouble when next to act goes all in ... and even worse when original raiser calls too ...

TT vs JJ vs QQ ... blanks until the river ... when a glorious Angel appeared and sang to me ... quiet suburb of London quiet no more ... particularly savage on Doobs who held the QQ and the AA early (he went onto 5th when running into my KK with 44).

Last 4 ... I am soon one of two large dominate stacks happily wheeling and stealing ... when I get AK ... I make the standard raise and get called by the other dominate stack ... the flop is A77 ... I bet out ... and get re-raised 3/4 of the pot ... ARGH! A winner of this pot is the massive chip leader ... the loser crippled ... so I decide to fold remaining under no pressure chip wise ...

In the break we chat ... he says he had the 7 of 79suited ... seems very loose ... but that kind of raise screams out at you ... was it meant to??

Amongst all the mayhem and luck before I put another AK down re-raised (but no all in) but big stack - though I would have taken about 3/5 of his chips ... on balance I like these folds ...

The Last 4 unfortunately became the classic case of the short-stacks never dying ... A8 v AK keeping one alive ... and when pushed at with 20,000 chips of 407,000 ... an auto call with AT ... unfortunately the Q8 spikes ... and I assume the mantel of the short stack ... next hand I find the lucky Q8 ... push and get two callers ... flop is kind Q8 for two pairs ... but the river is Savage to bring a straight ...

$1,600 from $21 (as I qualified earlier in the day).

As with many of these things the Q8 pusher ends up winning ... netting $6k ... but all with the final 4 with significant luck ... Doobs savaged in 5th.

I would prefer to live with out all this variance ... but happy to accept it on this occassion ... what next??

Louis
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:16:56 AM by Honeybadg »

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: A decent cash at last ...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 14:32:44 PM »
Next=$5/10nl spin up imo.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 20:17:49 PM »
Nice cash Louis
Mary Kivlin

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 01:16:28 AM »
... Buses and poker wins ...

Just finished 6th of 125 in the $20k g"tee for $1,000. (Total entry $141 - including busted qualifiers)

Less luck in running tonight ... played pretty well ... though got a bit limp at the end with no cards ...

Semi inspired by watching a short stack go from 222 chips to 20,000 ... but should probably have pushed with some trash a little early.

Fullish report on my blog page.

Hat-Trick of final tables tomorrow??

L

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
Re: A decent cash at last ... AND THEN ANOTHER!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »
Well done mate, what the structure like on betfair??
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: A decent cash at last ... AND THEN ANOTHER!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 16:48:47 PM »

Well done mate, what the structure like on betfair??

Structure on Betfair is pretty good - albeit with only 2,500 chips.

15 min levels - usually about 150 runners @ $109 - $20k g"tee - so some overlay at the moment. 8.15pm Kick Off - finishes about 1.30am most nights.

They also run a $7k g"tee deep stack - $55+5 - 5000 chips - also 15 min levels. 7.45pm kick - Finish at about 1am.

I think these are pretty decent prep" for the Online APAT events in that the field size is similar.

Overall I would say Betfair has good players on it - but always Loose Aggressive types to take advantage of.

There are lots of qualifiers to these if you are free through the day - what the structures on these - some very slow - I played an absurd $5 re-buy with 4 *15 min levels before the freezeout - sometimes overlay in these too.

Let"s see if I can make the final table hat-trick tonight??

Louis