Author Topic: bad move at wrong time or standard??  (Read 8433 times)

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: bad move at wrong time or standard??
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 20:58:40 PM »
noble can we analyse your chinese takeaway pls, im a spring rolls,spare ribs in o.k sauce,chinese pork with bean sprouts and special fried rice man myself.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 21:10:43 PM »

noble can we analyse your chinese takeaway pls, im a spring rolls,spare ribs in o.k sauce,chinese pork with bean sprouts and special fried rice man myself.

lol lol i"m with you on spring rolls and spare ribs [my local does battered ones , bloody fantastic] special rice is a necessity
special bbq chicken chow mein and the local does a chinese gravy [black bean in it - gorgeous] prawn crackers come free if you are a regular [i eat 1/2,the lass has 2 crackers lol lol and the dogs get the rest :)]

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 21:21:59 PM »
battered ribs is a new on me, will have to find some now!

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 21:59:12 PM »

As for the M of "about 5" that I quoted. Assuming you are 8 handed here. blind + antes = 900 + 800 = 1700. This divides into your stack of 10.4K, 6.1 times. So its an M of 6, so its still push/fold mode. I suppose calling with the aim of shoving (stop and go) is good.

What would you have done if you had missed/not connected with the flop?

got my "M"s" all wrong..I certainly wasn"t being picky by saying your 5 was wrong cause I made it 6.. :) as you say 5 or 6 its push or fold time.

If I hadn"t had some kind of connection, normally I"d fold.  My "style" is quite tight, and I was only playing this hand as my bro had gone out, and wasn"t feeling to clever,  so I said i"d start playing a bit more LAG.  That said id have called the extra 1k either way!

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 22:17:25 PM »
don"t get to wrapped up in HOH m values waz imo use it as a guide but not always the be all end all... last nights monte carlo main event winner was down to 1 and half big blinds on the final table and won ... Michael Martin in last years ept london on the final table came back from 3bb to winso there are different approaches to consider..
I wonder how many apat members have come back from a chip and a chair to win or finish deep from this position.. i can say i won a mtt from 4bb 17 left...

I"ll try and get mun lei to share his recipe for the battered spare rib,its not greasy at all..its almost like having it covered in
a crackling type texture... tbh i"ve never seen anywhere else do it and i"ve tried a few over the years in various regions lol lol  i"ll post recipe if i acquire it........ :) pass on to your local...

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 23:07:47 PM »

don"t get to wrapped up in HOH m values waz imo use it as a guide but not always the be all end all... last nights monte carlo main event winner was down to 1 and half big blinds on the final table and won ... Michael Martin in last years ept london on the final table came back from 3bb to winso there are different approaches to consider..
I wonder how many apat members have come back from a chip and a chair to win or finish deep from this position.. i can say i won a mtt from 4bb 17 left...

I"ll try and get mun lei to share his recipe for the battered spare rib,its not greasy at all..its almost like having it covered in
a crackling type texture... tbh i"ve never seen anywhere else do it and i"ve tried a few over the years in various regions lol lol  i"ll post recipe if i acquire it........ :) pass on to your local...

ty and only last month, i was down to 1200 chips, and 6 BB..went on to win £800 in the $25 dtd live event (my debut visit to DTD!)
Carpe Diem

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 23:08:27 PM »
Very much appriecate the opinions and thoughts.

:)
Carpe Diem