Author Topic: Live Hand  (Read 8377 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Live Hand
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »
£50 Freezeout live tournament.

Blinds 200/400
Average Stack Size = 6.5k

Both Players playing off around 9.5k stack

Player B, UTG raises to 1200.

Player A (UTG +1), holding  ad1  kc , raises to 3600.

Folds back round to player B, who ponders, then reraises all-in.

So, it" s back to Player A......................

No real reads on Player B, joined table fifteen minutes previous, chatty, but only limped into one hand.

What does player A do, and what has player B got ?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Live Hand
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:39:09 AM »
antes???
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

£50 Freezeout live tournament.

Blinds 200/400
Average Stack Size = 6.5k

Both Players playing off around 9.5k stack

Player B, UTG raises to 1200.

Player A (UTG +1), holding  ad1  kc , raises to 3600.

Folds back round to player B, who ponders, then reraises all-in.

So, it" s back to Player A......................

No real reads on Player B, joined table fifteen minutes previous, chatty, but only limped into one hand.

What does player A do, and what has player B got ?

i would fold based on the fact that you have average stack left and it is ONLY ak. In saying this it seems as though its the kind of move decent players like to make UTG to represent huge strength.

i would probably think he has suited connectors...10 j maybe?!

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
Not the nicest spot it the world, I think smooth calling p/f is fine if u dnt have enough info about the player to make an educated decision is fine.  How many players are at the table??  As played...I think u gta get it in here, gettin ovr 2/1 on your money and I think ur racin" a good portion of the time and best case scenario he went bananas w/aq.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:24:48 AM »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
flat call preflop rather than re-raise.

as played, fold - likelihood of him raising UTG, then shoving to your re-raise, whilst holding something worse than AK? Possible, but unlikely.

AK is only ace high after all. Why risk your tourney with Ace high when still holding an above average stack, and with no reads on player to suggest you might be ahead.

I reckon he had a mid/hi pair - 99 to KK

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »

as played, fold - likelihood of him raising UTG, then shoving to your re-raise, whilst holding something worse than AK? Possible, but unlikely.

AK is only ace high after all. Why risk your tourney with Ace high when still holding an above average stack, and with no reads on player to suggest you might be ahead.

If he had a mid/high pair then we r getting the right price to call.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:39 AM »
Did you set out with the intention of turning AK into a bluff, never folding after putting 1/3 of my stack in that would be terrible?

If you are prepared to raise fold here then don"t raise but i see nothing wrong with getting them in here. Also I am assuming this is in Nottingham so it  is even more +ev imo.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 11:52:39 AM »

In a cash games, yes clearly.  But for our tourney life? I would already be happy to push with AK, and accept being called by QQ.... but not so sure I want to be calling for my life with AK.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »
i hardly ever 3bet fold AK - and i don"t here, not with the structure of the £50.

don"t put a third of your stack in to "see where you are" and then fold. If you are going to do this then don"t 3bet in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 12:45:10 PM by deanp27 »
Looking forward to making my first day 2

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
This thread is just one big level right?
Its hand in the air time.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 14:05:52 PM »
lol at all those who raise fold!!!

You either flat or three bet/call a shove.

Personally with the £50 structure at DTD deffp 3 bet/call a shove
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 16:11:56 PM »
I flat with the AK here.  With the variables mentioned, especially the size of the bet in relation to the stacks, then you can"t fold AK here. 

Which is why I think the re-raise is a mistake (imo).
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 16:21:52 PM »

agree with the call the AK pre flop as most folk said especially as you have position and really only premium hands should be re raising here (according to the gap concept)

if i had re raised pre flop then as marty says - considering you put him on medium to high pairs your getting the price to call

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 16:25:38 PM »

to flat call more than 10% of your stack in this scenario with no reads is not so good either, we have to assume villain will c-bet...
given stack sizes/lack of reads if you re-raise to fold then do it with 72o imo... have a plan... if mr AK feels uncomfortable about calling a rrai to his 3bet then he may as well shove all in pre and take advantage of any FE he may have and try to pick up an additional 20% to his stack...or fold [spew]

with no reads Chipaccrual on villain it is extremely difficult to give him a range - he could be a raving nutter or the tightest nit ever with plenty of styles inbetween... if it is a default range you want here then 88+ AJ+ ..
the one plus here is because we have AK then there is a stronger chance that if villain does have pairs in his range then anything upto QQ rather than AA KK is more likely and if two kings mr AK is still not that badly off given the pot size now...