Author Topic: Quality play on pokerstars. . . .. .  (Read 8507 times)

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: Quality play on pokerstars. . . .. .
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 14:52:23 PM »

4bet bluffing with a shorty all in lol.

what"s with the short stacking though - part of a strategy?

Yeh. . . sorta works, playin short you get called with garbage more often. .  .. especially if there has been a raiser. . they rarely pass

Exact opposite imo.

see your point...but at the mo it"s working 4 me. . . .  if it ain"t broke...why try to fix it??

Not saying you should, can be quite profitable short stacking when done properly. I take it you were leaving after this hand. 25bb`s isnt an optimal SS strat.

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 15:07:00 PM »

4bet bluffing with a shorty all in lol.

what"s with the short stacking though - part of a strategy?

Yeh. . . sorta works, playin short you get called with garbage more often. .  .. especially if there has been a raiser. . they rarely pass

Exact opposite imo.

see your point...but at the mo it"s working 4 me. . . .  if it ain"t broke...why try to fix it??

Not saying you should, can be quite profitable short stacking when done properly. I take it you were leaving after this hand. 25bb`s isnt an optimal SS strat.

Nah, wasn"t leaving. . .had not long sat down .. . . . would you say i have too much or too little here???

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 15:24:44 PM »
Too much for shorting, should really buy-in for the min $40. If you get that up to 80-100 leave or top up to full if you think its a really good table.
Playing 10-20 bigs keeps the drawing hands out of our way. Where as if we move in to 30-40 bb region we will attract them although we havnt got a stack to play them ourselves.

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 15:48:52 PM »

Too much for shorting, should really buy-in for the min $40. If you get that up to 80-100 leave or top up to full if you think its a really good table.
Playing 10-20 bigs keeps the drawing hands out of our way. Where as if we move in to 30-40 bb region we will attract them although we havnt got a stack to play them ourselves.

Min buy in is $80. . . .  on all tables on stars. . . .  i usually buy in for $100, used to do $80, but found that little bit extra profitable. . .  what sites let you buy in for 10 BB pls advise. .  .

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 15:51:58 PM »
stars upped the min buy-in because tables were littered by short stackers ruining the games
Looking forward to making my first day 2

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 16:04:08 PM »

stars upped the min buy-in because tables were littered by short stackers ruining the games
i don"t mind ruining games as long as i"m making $$$$$$$  :D :D

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 17:02:28 PM »

i don"t mind ruining games as long as i"m making $$$$$$$  :D :D

Never realised they upped the min tbh, my bad. But now they have i think buying in for less than the max would be a mistake unless your taking 1 off shots of course.