Author Topic: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash  (Read 53149 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2009, 05:40:23 AM »

The whole idea of running the events in parallel is nuts. So is limiting it to a small number of lucky entrants.
If DTD has to put its feet up on the Bank Holiday Monday, defer the HORSE until the Friday of the English Open weekend, so everyone who wants to can enter.

Laughing my arse off at you getting your knickers in a twist about a venue hundreds of miles from where you live closing two days of the week!  You don"t have to play there, and I don"t many other venues able or willing to run these events.

Also, some of us have lives outside poker and want to do other things on the bank holiday. Not me of course, but I"m sure Des, Rich and the others would appreciate being able to see their friends and family sometime that weekend?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »

It"s not a problem at all.

Why not do something such as set up a reserve/alternate list, and have players called up as the seats are made available?  Not that I think thr HORSE event is actually running alternates though, I"m guessing that not many will get knocked out during the first two levels?

You seem to have not read the players list very well Dan.   ::)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2009, 08:24:07 AM »
It is absolutely our intention to allow players to multitable both events should the circumstances arise.  There will also be a reserve list drawn up for the HORSE event on Sunday morning at DTD, run by APAT.  As with the SE board, APAT will put the process in place but ultimately it is the responsibility of the seller if he/she wishes to withdraw from an event.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2009, 08:49:19 AM »

It is absolutely our intention to allow players to multitable both events should the circumstances arise.  There will also be a reserve list drawn up for the HORSE event on Sunday morning at DTD, run by APAT.  As with the SE board, APAT will put the process in place but ultimately it is the responsibility of the seller if he/she wishes to withdraw from an event.

I think you are teeing up some pretty poor scenarios here.

End of day 1 shovefest - watch the bad beats fly - not good in my opinion to change the incentives for a subset of the field.

Multitabling on the final tables - if this is the case again people are shoving when they wouldn"t otherwise.

Too much distortion for me.

When you say it is your intention - do you mean that DTD might veto this?

L

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2009, 13:05:35 PM »
So is limiting it to a small number of lucky entrants.

Agreed, limiting the field of all the WCOAP events is just nuts ! So what if people managed to sat in or were fortunate to be sat in front of thier pc"s when seats went on sale, surely APAT can open these events up to all wanting to play and quite sure DTD can cope with a thousand or so players.

Closing on a bank holiday ? Ridiculous ! !

(The above is most likely sarcasm. Well by "Most likely" I do infact mean "Definitely".)
  Deepstack champion S2  

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2009, 13:24:23 PM »

Agreed, limiting the field of all the WCOAP events is just nuts ! So what if people managed to sat in or were fortunate to be sat in front of thier pc"s when seats went on sale, surely APAT can open these events up to all wanting to play and quite sure DTD can cope with a thousand or so players.

(The above is most likely sarcasm. Well by "Most likely" I do infact mean "Definitely".)

If you have to explain that you"re being sarcastic - you"re really not doing it right
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2009, 14:11:29 PM »

If you have to explain that you"re being sarcastic - you"re really not doing it right

Indeed, but having to deal with some of the forumites on "Sharkpokerschool" means I now feel compelled to actually treat the audience like buffoons, the guy behind the site even created an animated icon for me to express my post may contain sarcasm.

Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2009, 14:21:43 PM »

Why not do something such as set up a reserve/alternate list, and have players called up as the seats are made available?  Not that I think thr HORSE event is actually running alternates though, I"m guessing that not many will get knocked out during the first two levels?

I meant that it"s a lot of limit poker, so it makes it more difficult to donk out!

:D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2009, 14:28:35 PM »

I meant that it"s a lot of limit poker, so it makes it more difficult to donk out!

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

K3vl4rUK

• Gold Member
    • APAT
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2009, 14:30:45 PM »

shame i wont be there coz Omaha8 would be so much fun!

Capping it everytime i get A2 in my hand :P

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2009, 14:36:28 PM »

The whole idea of running the events in parallel is nuts. So is limiting it to a small number of lucky entrants.
If DTD has to put its feet up on the Bank Holiday Monday, defer the HORSE until the Friday of the English Open weekend, so everyone who wants to can enter.

Laughing my arse off at you getting your knickers in a twist about a venue hundreds of miles from where you live closing two days of the week!  You don"t have to play there, and I don"t many other venues able or willing to run these events.

Also, some of us have lives outside poker and want to do other things on the bank holiday. Not me of course, but I"m sure Des, Rich and the others would appreciate being able to see their friends and family sometime that weekend?

I had the impression that DTD was usually open on Monday but was closing because of the Bank Holiday. If you are saying that it is always closed on Mondays, then fair enough. Not really the main point of my post, though.

APAT can open these events up to all wanting to play and quite sure DTD can cope with a thousand or so players.

From me saying it should be open to more than 64 players, you extrapolate that to a thousand. Very helpful.

Also, as someone who chastises people for their grammar and spelling, you get three black marks for "to be sat in front of thier pc"s"

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 14:56:38 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 15:15:13 PM »
I must say, I would b very disapointed if multi-tabling wasnt an option!  My intentions wer to play the O8 and Stud8 levels as they are the worst played imo.  Dnt think it wud b too much of a distraction, and I feel that those who do feel it will b, will have a group of people ready and w8n to purchase their seats.

However...I am approx a 273/1 shot to make day 2 so it shud not b a problem.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 15:24:07 PM »

Also, as someone who chastises people for their grammar and spelling, you get three black marks for "to be sat in front of thier pc"s"

Obviously you did not know I was dictating this to my PA, so I will forgive your impudence.
  Deepstack champion S2  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2009, 15:45:06 PM »

Obviously you did not know I was dictating this to my PA, so I will forgive your impudence.

I will transfer two of the black marks to your PA for mistyping thier and pc"s, but the sat must be representative of your dictation, so one black mark is not absolved, unless their PAs put them in front of their PCs. One hundred times please - The imperfect of sit is sitting, not sat.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2009, 15:54:52 PM »

I will transfer two of the black marks to your PA for mistyping thier and pc"s, but the sat must be representative of your dictation, so one black mark is not absolved, unless their PAs put them in front of their PCs. One hundred times please - The imperfect of sit is sitting, not sat.

u left out a comma in PA"s
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...