Author Topic: Change of start time for WCOAP Main Event  (Read 28940 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Change of start time for WCOAP Main Event
« on: August 12, 2009, 23:58:06 PM »
CORRECTED  -  THE MAIN EVENT WILL NOW START AT 4.30PM AS ORIGINALLY ADVERTISED ON BOTH DAY 1A AND DAY 1B.

---

DTD have been able to get us a slightly earlier start time for the main event of 3.00pm on day 1a and day 1b, versus the previously advertised start time of 4.30pm.  This will enable us to finish play earlier / go deeper as appropriate at the end of both evenings.  If anyone has a serious issue with this change, can you please shout now.

All other start times are as advertised and the player briefing will be completed and published this weekend.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 18:12:24 PM by APAT »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Change of start time for WCOAP Main Event
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 00:00:03 AM »
perfect

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 00:04:49 AM »
Will the Omaha still be starting at 4:30pm? Travelling down from Glasgow on the Thursday for the Omaha but 3pm is perfect for main event, an hour less to kill during the day!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 00:07:13 AM by CrizzyConnor »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 00:11:05 AM »

DTD have been able to get us a slightly earlier start time for the main event of 3.00pm on day 1a and day 1b, versus the previously advertised start time of 4.30pm.  This will enable us to finish play earlier / go deeper as appropriate at the end of both evenings.  If anyone has a serious issue with this change, can you please shout now.

All other start times are as advertised and the player briefing will be completed and published this weekend.

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 00:15:41 AM »

Sneaky edit ftw...  :D
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 00:15:58 AM »

That"s you politely told to read the previous post  ;D ;D ;D ;D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 00:17:44 AM »
lol....

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 00:33:00 AM »

...the player briefing will be completed and published this weekend.

This coming weekend ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 00:45:31 AM »

This coming weekend ?

Yes, in a "second coming of the lord" sort of way.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »

This coming weekend ?

Yes, in a "second coming of the lord" sort of way.

Christ, I hope so....
  Deepstack champion S2  

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 18:33:11 PM »

perfect

....for some,4.30pm was perfect,hence the reason i chose Friday as my start day.

So SHOUT
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 20:34:55 PM »
I"m not suggesting that this change won"t be a pain to some people, but it is useful to put it into some context.

If you were to still turn up at 4:30, then you would miss the first two levels.  You will have roughly lost about 600 chips through the blinds putting you on 9400, and average chipstack will be about 10,400.

Obviously, you will have missed out on a couple of levels of information and play at the table, but you would not be at any significant disadvantage chipwise.

If you were planning on turning up two levels in anyway (at 6pm), then I guess this does kind of ruin your plans.

Again, just my opinions, and players are completely entitled to shout if it"s a problem.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 20:48:30 PM »

So SHOUT

Your shout ?

Cheers, I will have a Redbull, Harmony would like Half a lager and quite sure one or two members of the forum would appreciate a drink too.
  Deepstack champion S2  

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 21:04:35 PM »

I"m not suggesting that this change won"t be a pain to some people, but it is useful to put it into some context.

If you were to still turn up at 4:30, then you would miss the first two levels.  You will have roughly lost about 600 chips through the blinds putting you on 9400, and average chipstack will be about 10,400.

Obviously, you will have missed out on a couple of levels of information and play at the table, but you would not be at any significant disadvantage chipwise.

If you were planning on turning up two levels in anyway (at 6pm), then I guess this does kind of ruin your plans.

Again, just my opinions, and players are completely entitled to shout if it"s a problem.

not withstanding, missing the first two levels also denies the opportunity to play cheap pots to grab early chips.. (oh, sorry forgot - this is Ant we"re talking about... no early play anyway unless it"s AA or KK  :D )

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 22:28:42 PM »
I hear what your saying Leigh,but my own personal reasons have nothing to do with
missing a level or two of poker,more work and family orientated.Des said shout, so i have.
Sounds like it has already been decided.....so my shout will go un-heard.

Bainn,a redbull and half a lager no trouble at all,my friend.

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.