Author Topic: Player Briefing?  (Read 14837 times)

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
Re: Player Briefing?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 02:47:22 AM »

Or pull out if you do not like it.

Typical "no thought" reply.

Perfectly simple I would have thought, after reviewing all the details involved with the play and payment of these events, a person has the right to decide not to play if they do not like any aspect of the event.

My statement was just more succinct.

Well not really, because...........................

Players have bought into a competition, no doubt booked hotels/travel arrangements/time of work etc....

To pull out now would mean loosing money over the buy in etc....

Now, had this been announced BEFORE players bought in, then I would accept your "dont like it, dont play" comment.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 11:44:05 AM »

Players have bought into a competition, no doubt booked hotels/travel arrangements/time of work etc....

To pull out now would mean loosing money over the buy in etc....

Now, had this been announced BEFORE players bought in, then I would accept your "dont like it, dont play" comment.

A fair point

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 13:19:08 PM »

Perfectly simple I would have thought, after reviewing all the details involved with the play and payment of these events, a person has the right to decide not to play if they do not like any aspect of the event.

To pull out now would mean losing money over the buy in etc....

Events do not always got to plan no matter how much planning is involved and things can change at short notice, adaptability has been an apparent strength of humans for quite a while now, so players can accept these changes and play or simply decide to make a stand against something they feel is wrong & pull out.

However, we both know that even the most ardent voice of disent will still play these events.

I have nothing against voicing opinions, but APAT does it"s absolute utmost to do the best it can for it"s members, yet it seems there is always an element that crawls out of the woodwork to slate them when there is the slightest change or hiccup.

I just dislike people who whinge, if they feel so strongly then boycott the events, the rest of us will enjoy ourselves regardless.

BTW FYP.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 13:25:42 PM »

I know lots of words, but I"m not too good at the debating skills necessary to rearrange them into a convincing argument.

Perfection might be difficult - but that doesn"t mean we shouldn"t aspire to it.

To suggest that the only course of action when disagreeing with any aspect of the tour is to either say nothing and put up with it - or to boycott it completely shows a distinct lack of imagination, creativity and intellect.

BTW FYP.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 13:55:15 PM »

I know lots of words, but I"m not too good at the debating skills necessary to rearrange them into a convincing argument.

Perfection might be difficult - but that doesn"t mean we shouldn"t aspire to it.

To suggest that the only course of action when disagreeing with any aspect of the tour is to either say nothing and put up with it - or to boycott it completely shows a distinct lack of imagination, creativity and intellect.

BTW FYP.

Your addition to my post is actually quite amusing, nice one.

No where did my post suggest we should not aspire to perfection, it just expressed that things can and do change and we should be prepared to adapt to the situations that arise. Nor did I say we should just accept such things without stating our opinions, I am all for it.

My opinion is some people love to cause trouble, taking minor things and trying to make them into some huge argument and only appear on the forum to criticise. Furthermore, tis my opinion that some just love to disagree with others just because of who they are or to voice "Opinions" just fit into a certain clique.

Sharing opinions is a good thing, whinging on when you will not back up your words with actions, is not.

Certain people do indeed make a big noise about the apparent faults with APAT but if they really felt so strongly about such things then they would cease to bother with APAT or play any of the events, they do not.

Oh well, some people will never agree, a fundamental of life.
  Deepstack champion S2  

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 15:07:42 PM »

BTW FYP.

No where did my post suggest we should not aspire to perfection, it just expressed that things can and do change and we should be prepared to adapt to the situations that arise. Nor did I say we should just accept such things without stating our opinions, I am all for it.

My opinion is some people love to cause trouble, taking minor things and trying to make them into some huge argument and only appear on the forum to criticise. Furthermore, tis my opinion that some just love to disagree with others just because of who they are or to voice "Opinions" just fit into a certain clique.

Sharing opinions is a good thing, whinging on when you will not back up your words with actions, is not.

Certain people do indeed make a big noise about the apparent faults with APAT but if they really felt so strongly about such things then they would cease to bother with APAT or play any of the events, they do not.

Such a contradiction in terms there.

Basically what you are saying is that you can voice an opinion, as long as it agrees with what is going on at the time  ? Gotta laugh at that one!

No one has slated APAT from what I can see, they have just voiced concerns over an issue and asked for the decision to be re thought. People have also given reasons why they feel this is wrong.

You, on the other hand, seem to be the trouble maker, calling people argumentative (just because they do not agree). Having a go at people who do not post on the forum regular, when every member can post as little or as much as they want (until banned that is)

So, get off your high horse and let others have their say without "chipping in" with needless comments. Of course you can post your opinion and reasons, but your last post is very argumentative and will only stir up trouble

All in my opinion of course.

The Darkman

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 01:30:00 AM »
Nice friendly thread this. If the tables are half as lively I"ll be thoroughly looking forward to playing my first APAT event  :D
You won't win with that mate !

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 02:02:52 AM »

BTW FYP.

Such a contradiction in terms there.

Basically what you are saying is that you can voice an opinion, as long as it agrees with what is going on at the time  ? Gotta laugh at that one!

No one has slated APAT from what I can see, they have just voiced concerns over an issue and asked for the decision to be re thought. People have also given reasons why they feel this is wrong.

You, on the other hand, seem to be the trouble maker, calling people argumentative (just because they do not agree). Having a go at people who do not post on the forum regular, when every member can post as little or as much as they want (until banned that is)

So, get off your high horse and let others have their say without "chipping in" with needless comments. Of course you can post your opinion and reasons, but your last post is very argumentative and will only stir up trouble

All in my opinion of course.

Squire, why have you quoted JonMW"s amusing addition to my post and replied like they were my words ? ? (Highlighted in Red)

Now, let"s move on, all opinions are valid, whether they agree with what"s going on at the time or not and I have never suggested otherwise. I have my voice and you have yours, and they will never be in sync.

Indeed, APAT are trying to do their best from what I have read, if possible then winnings will be paid in cash. If not, then we have been advised ahead of time as to how we will be paid, and if people have problems transferring monies from their BSQ to banks then maybe APAT can arrange for a spouse"s account to be used instead.

I used the word "Argument" to indicate a debate, I did not specifically state anyone as being "Argumentative", and I have not "Had a go" at someone for not posting much but I referenced the fact that certain people only appear when trouble is afoot to join in, which is a different tact entirely.

Most kind of you to allow me to "Of course you can post your opinion and reasons..." and you you tell me to get off my high horse, amusing.
  Deepstack champion S2  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 00:42:02 AM »

some just love to disagree with others

No they don"t
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Bainn

• Platinum Member