Author Topic: APAT / Blue Sq account question  (Read 36726 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT / Blue Sq account question
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 10:48:15 AM »

Sorry guys, getting heated on this thread will not help the situation one bit.  We are all in this together to a degree and I will get personally involved should any player have issues arising out of a potential payment into their Blue Square account. 

The simple matter is that there has been a slight misunderstanding between Blue Square and DTD over the payment method used for transferring some player entry and venue hire fees.  Blue Square issued cheques to DTD last week and should they clear in time; which they should, then all tournaments will be paid as per normal APAT procedures at DTD.  If the cheques do not clear then having the contingency payment plan in place via Blue Square accounts ensures the events go ahead.  The amount of money concerned is relatively small, which is why the alternative payout plan was put against the Omaha and Horse events; which will have 9 small cashes and 5 small cashes respectively, and not the main event, which will have several large cashes.

APAT have always been in the business of facing challenges head on and we worked very hard with both of our partners on this event to sort out the issue, but essentially we are all in the hands of accounts departments on this one.  As a very last resort we proposed the Blue Square account payment option.

Blue Square have been a superb sponsor of APAT as somebody wrote elsewhere in this thread.  For this event alone, they have covered your registration fees, venue fees, two buffets plus put up an entry to the GUKPT Grand Final worth over £3k.   They have also paid for the trophy and the medals and the organiser expenses.  I think that is worthy of consideration.

Thanks Des,

However can"t help feeling if this info had been posted in the first place we wouldn"t be having this debate. Just food for thought for the future.

p.s. Had to say summat, couldn"t have Christian having the last word  ;)

Geo

Thats a tricky one.  Sometimes it is not always possible, or sensible, to discuss every decision process within APAT openly on the forum.  In this case, it may have been a lot simpler to have said what was going on in the first place, but I can just have seen another thread started entitled "APAT leaves DTD short changed to pay out for WCOAP"   ;D , or other such similar topics.

This is no criticism of anyone in particular, it just seems a lot of time and effort has been spent by everyone over a simple lack of communication between Blue Square and DTD, which APAT has more than got in hand and has already made the best decision for the players in the circumstances.

In Des We Trust.   ;D

K3vl4rUK

• Gold Member
    • APAT
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 11:11:30 AM »

Sorry guys, getting heated on this thread will not help the situation one bit.  We are all in this together to a degree and I will get personally involved should any player have issues arising out of a potential payment into their Blue Square account. 

The simple matter is that there has been a slight misunderstanding between Blue Square and DTD over the payment method used for transferring some player entry and venue hire fees.  Blue Square issued cheques to DTD last week and should they clear in time; which they should, then all tournaments will be paid as per normal APAT procedures at DTD.  If the cheques do not clear then having the contingency payment plan in place via Blue Square accounts ensures the events go ahead.  The amount of money concerned is relatively small, which is why the alternative payout plan was put against the Omaha and Horse events; which will have 9 small cashes and 5 small cashes respectively, and not the main event, which will have several large cashes.

APAT have always been in the business of facing challenges head on and we worked very hard with both of our partners on this event to sort out the issue, but essentially we are all in the hands of accounts departments on this one.  As a very last resort we proposed the Blue Square account payment option.

Blue Square have been a superb sponsor of APAT as somebody wrote elsewhere in this thread.  For this event alone, they have covered your registration fees, venue fees, two buffets plus put up an entry to the GUKPT Grand Final worth over £3k.   They have also paid for the trophy and the medals and the organiser expenses.  I think that is worthy of consideration.

Thanks Des,

However can"t help feeling if this info had been posted in the first place we wouldn"t be having this debate. Just food for thought for the future.

Geo

Thats a tricky one.  Sometimes it is not always possible, or sensible, to discuss every decision process within APAT openly on the forum.  In this case, it may have been a lot simpler to have said what was going on in the first place, but I can just have seen another thread started entitled "APAT leaves DTD short changed to pay out for WCOAP"   ;D , or other such similar topics.

This is no criticism of anyone in particular, it just seems a lot of time and effort has been spent by everyone over a simple lack of communication between Blue Square and DTD, which APAT has more than got in hand and has already made the best decision for the players in the circumstances.

In Des We Trust.   ;D

soon... lol

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

Thanks Des,

Geo

In Des We Trust.   ;D

You mean assume everything is being done for the best and any problems are unavoidable and it"ll all work out in the end?
Without any injection of cynicism whatsoever?

You have met poker players haven"t you?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
if anyone wins and has a problem with paying the money into there blusq account they are more then welcome to put it in my account(for you stu you would just be missing the poker bit out)

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »

if anyone wins and has a problem with paying the money into there blusq account they are more then welcome to put it in my account(for you stu you would just be missing the poker bit out)

Lets cut it down even further Al, ill bring a bag with me and just deposit in your back pocket while your not looking!

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2009, 12:03:09 PM »

Lets cut it down even further Al, ill bring a bag with me and just deposit in your back pocket while your not looking!

PEASANT!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

Thanks Des,

Geo

In Des We Trust.   ;D

You mean assume everything is being done for the best and any problems are unavoidable and it"ll all work out in the end?
Without any injection of cynicism whatsoever?

You have met poker players haven"t you?

Jon,

You know that is not what I mean.

No problems having the debate, but as usual, these things can get blown out of all proportions.  You for one, know the sort of things that can happen behind the scenes when dealing with some of these large organisations. Especially getting information from them.

With all the best plans in the world, things can change, and decisions have to be taken.  If this process was put up for a public debate every time, I have a feeling we may still be playing events in season one.

APAT has always, and will always do the best possible for it"s players.  I would hope that everyone genuinely believes that, in which case, sometimes you have to trust that, without things getting stirred up for no gain to anyone.

The matter has been addressed, so let"s just move on to what will be a great four days of poker for all.

Leigh

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2009, 12:46:33 PM »
:D I was only doing it to see if the "Leigh isn"t a poker player" implication would slide through unnoticed :D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »

:D I was only doing it to see if the "Leigh isn"t a poker player" implication would slide through unnoticed :D

Thats a standard statement, so I doubt anyone would have thought it at all controversial.   ;D

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2009, 13:30:51 PM »

Geo

What ever do you mean ? ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2009, 13:39:27 PM »

PEASANT!!

For the sake of clarity, "Peasantry" is also a valid word in the English language.
  Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2009, 13:45:04 PM »

PEASANT!!

For the sake of clarity, "Peasantry" is also a valid word in the English language.

It might well be, but it"d be completely incorrect for Matt to use it in that context.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2009, 13:57:45 PM »

PEASANT!!

It might well be, but it"d be completely incorrect for Matt to use it in that context.

How about -

"While browsing the forum and mingling with the peasantry, I was stunned at the level of hostility displayed."
  Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2009, 14:09:36 PM »

PEASANT!!

How about -

"While browsing the forum and mingling with the peasantry, I was stunned at the level of hostility displayed."

Nah, that"s poor.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2009, 14:18:56 PM »

PEASANT!!

How about -

Nah, that"s poor.

Ho Ho, that is quite good for you -

6.8/10
  Deepstack champion S2