Author Topic: APAT WCofAP at DTD  (Read 24392 times)

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
APAT WCofAP at DTD
« on: August 30, 2009, 13:11:40 PM »
Thanks guys for putting on a top event. VWD all concerned.

Big thanks to Blue Square and DTD.

ALL future events I deel should be held at DTD - best place to play poker in the UK by far!

Now for the moan.......................................................

My only problem with the event is that I do not feel strong enough actions were taken in a particular situation - which happened several times whilst I was there. A certain individual over stepped the mark (way over) and not much was done. Now I know this event is a "friendly" event, but I feel it sends out the wrong message to new comers to the game. IMO the person in question should of been banned from DTD/future APAT events. The actions of the certain individual was totally un-necessary , unprofessional and at best very rude/disrespectfull.

I am all for having a laugh, but there are limits and like I said, these were way overstepped.

Moan over.

GL those left in

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: APAT WCofAP at DTD
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 13:45:17 PM »
Thanks Paul.  One individual was given a penalty away from the table which may double in length or worse if there are any further issues today.  In addition, APAT will review any incidents after the WCOAP with regards to any potential suspensions.  DTD are ultimately responsible for taking "behaviour" related actions during the event and their track record in this area is second to none.

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 13:54:40 PM »
i cant understand why people moan when they out lool great day any thanks des and team

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 14:06:12 PM »

i cant understand why people moan when they out lool great day any thanks des and team

I would have the same moan if I was in!

Thanks Des appreciate the comments

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 23:37:42 PM »

ALL future events I deel should be held at DTD - best place to play poker in the UK by far!

^ This ^

Scottish, Irish, English, European, Worlds and anything else should all be held at DTD, just hang a flag or two from one of those massive pillars to honour whichever country the national was supposed to be in...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »

^ This ^

Scottish, Irish, English, European, Worlds and anything else should all be held at DTD, just hang a flag or two from one of those massive pillars to honour whichever country the national was supposed to be in...

+1

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:00 AM »
The dealers were all of a really high standard, not like some other venues where the players are coaching the dealers! The first dealer on our table was unbelievable, I thought I was playing on line he was\so quick!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:07 AM »
You just can"t get better than DTD - fantastic organistion, and superb dealers. On our cash table late last night, the chap next to me was counting hands dealt per hour..... 33!!!

Many thanks to the APAT guys - to Des, Rich, Leigh, and Tikay - this was a looooong weekend for you guys, but once again you made it so special for all of us.  Absolutely brilliant!!

Congratz to all those who cashed/won.

jim5432

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 11:59:43 AM »
I"ll second both the OP"s two points, firstly an excellent event which is obviously down to a lot of hard work by many people both at APAT and at DTD - huge thanks from me to everyone involved

However, I was also concerned about the enforcement of table etiquette and tournament rules, particularly with regard to one individual (and I don"t doubt the same one referred to above) who in my opinion would have been thrown out of many other tournaments and who certainly spoilt my enjoyment of the event for the few levels I was sharing a table with him. I am not naming names, I don"t know him having not played a live APAT event before, I don"t know if it is a regular occurence with this guy or a one-off fuelled by too many sherberts - I would like to think it is the latter as, although I didn"t think much of his behaviour on the night, he certainly didnt seem as if he was making trouble deliberately and was obviously a popular character with more than a few (I"m guessing I won"t be with him or them but hey ho!) - my gripe is more with the tournament officiating which should have dealt with it a lot sooner on the night.

Ok here goes.....clearly drunk, disrupting play by continually shouting across the cardroom at various mates on other tables, delaying play by standing up away from the table to order drinks not just for himself but taking orders from other tables during play, making suggestive comments to at least one of the waitresses whilst doing so, abusing one particular player at the table regularly and suggesting he had a physical disability on more than one occasion, playing out of turn because he was too concerned at what was going on elsewhere, regaling the table and others within earshot (most of them) with offensive anecdotes, declaring his hand during play on a regular basis both correctly and incorrectly, using his mobile phone at the table, aggressively and provocatively celebrating winning hands including abusing a player he had just eliminated.

There were 157 people taking part on the day - it is unfair on the other 156 if one person is allowed to get away with this sort of thing and I would ask that in future table etiquette be enforced a little earlier and effectively rather than, as I feel happened on Saturday (regardless of whether a penalty was imposed as said above) treated for much of the evening as "a bit of a laugh"

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 17:34:06 PM »
yep

another great APAT event the biggest i have been to and wow  well impressed was a pleasure to meet some of you guys ,Des, tight ,and all great work on the updates.

Enjoyed it so much trying to now make bolton fingers and toes crossed

also great work DTD organised to perfection ,agree with previous posts that we should have all events there not sure  that Blue square would agree though.

hopefully meet up with some of you again in Bolton
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 18:51:17 PM »
Yep, great weekend, fantastic atmosphere, top notch updates from the team. Credit to all involved!

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 19:16:00 PM »
Great event! Thanks to Des and the team.

I"ve already booked my flights for the Bolton event so I hope I get in!

With regards to the loud person, I was on that table and he was a bit of a nightmare at times, but it was a shame that he was a bit too pissed because I like characters at the table and I think (others will know better) that he is normally quite loud anyway and it was the drink that pushed him too far.

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 20:02:57 PM »

Great event! Thanks to Des and the team.

I"ve already booked my flights for the Bolton event so I hope I get in!

With regards to the loud person, I was on that table and he was a bit of a nightmare at times, but it was a shame that he was a bit too pissed because I like characters at the table and I think (others will know better) that he is normally quite loud anyway and it was the drink that pushed him too far.

Still no excuse though!!

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 20:37:25 PM »

You just can"t get better than DTD - fantastic organistion, and superb dealers. On our cash table late last night, the chap next to me was counting hands dealt per hour..... 33!!!

Many thanks to the APAT guys - to Des, Rich, Leigh, and Tikay - this was a looooong weekend for you guys, but once again you made it so special for all of us.  Absolutely brilliant!!

Congratz to all those who cashed/won.
very well posted i seconed that

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 20:49:33 PM »
Great event as usual thanks to APAT and DTD, very well run and a big congrats to all the cashers, medalist and winners.

Regarding problems with individuals, what I don"t get, if you have a problem why don"t you have a quiet word at the break or whenever, if that doesn"t work mention it to the TD or APAT.

Why do people always wait until they get behind their keyboards and start threads to raise these matters??

As usual I didn"t see any bother but I was rubbed down three times at the table the first time I let my game do the talking and bust him out, the second I had a quiet word on the break and he apologised (WP) the third time I was just too tired and it was coming from a guy I previously thought was nice and quiet but before I got a chance to fist him I moved tables and it was washing over me anyway.

You are always going to come across problems in any tournament you play, I"ve played many GUK games and in everyone I have seen more bother than I did this weekend.  It is just another part of the tourney process that you have manage and resolve yourself, add it to your tilt control process  ;)
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998