Author Topic: APAT WCofAP at DTD  (Read 24373 times)

mattblue

• Silver Member
Re: APAT WCofAP at DTD
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 22:26:02 PM »
lol nice 1 got any sheep

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 22:39:00 PM »

lol nice 1 got any sheep

What do you think I am, , Welsh ?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 22:54:23 PM »
First of all, there is absolutely NO grounds for having a go at anyone who has raised this as an issue after the event.

It is a fact that (at least) a small number of players were upset because one member had too much to drink on Saturday evening.  I was pissed off by the situation and I"m pretty calm generally.  Clearly there is a limit to how much sense you can make to someone who has had too much to drink without having the venue management bar them and that"s the last step that APAT would want to see taken.  It is worth pointing out that while the member was loud and a messy, he wasn"t causing any trouble in the traditional sense.

Fact number 2 is that the member received a warning, a drinks ban and a ten minute penalty away from the table.  So, both the APAT and DTD management teams were involved in this situation once we became aware, which was pretty early on as far as I could tell.  The member broke the DTD drinks ban on at least two occasions that I saw.  Had the DTD team seen that, he would have been barred from the building there and then. 

As has been the case on the one occasion that this has happened previously, the member was in good form the following day and was no trouble whatsoever. 

Now here"s the thing.  APAT is not the GUKPT.  What may be acceptable there is not necessarily acceptable at APAT events.  Members know exactly where we stand on this type of situation, because we"ve been consistent in acting previously.  The APAT team have a responsibility to offer a great experience to 100% of the players there, not just any one group. 

So M3Boy and Jim5432 are absolutely within their rights to bring this subject up and I"d be disappointed to see any more pointing of the finger at them.

The APAT management team have already discussed the situation and I will feedback our thoughts directly to the member concerned.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »
Well said Des. APAT is a terrific organisation, and it is the ability of Des and co who listen to the members, and implement ideas and ideologies that make it such.
There is always a place for characters, and the world would be a dull place without them, so lets continue to enjoy great events like last weekend without over stepping the mark.  :)
Well done to all the winners over the weekend, not jealous much.  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

jim5432

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 12:08:41 PM »

First of all, there is absolutely NO grounds for having a go at anyone who has raised this as an issue after the event......As has been the case on the one occasion that this has happened previously, the member was in good form the following day and was no trouble whatsoever..........So M3Boy and Jim5432 are absolutely within their rights to bring this subject up and I"d be disappointed to see any more pointing of the finger at them.

Thank you for that....I was beginning to wish I hadn"t said anything at all.

And I am pleased to hear there were no further problems the next day....I am not a killjoy and would not want the guy to get himself barred or anything like that...my only concern is that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the events as much as possible.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:08 AM »
Firstly, epic tournaments, epic weekend, epic people, epic fun.  A huge thanks to everyone - it was fantastic to put faces to names.

One thing I thought I would bring up (didnt want to as it was the only thing of the whole weekend that was wrong).  We were playing 800/1600 at the end of day 1a.  Think we were table 45 but could be wrong, Laxie had busted from the table about 1hr previous to this.  A young guy in seat 5 gets the lady is seat 8 aipf w/ his A7 vs her A8.  The flop ran out 10 9 2 6 2 and the pot was awarded to the lady with A8.  The dealer scooped the cards b4 I spoke up that it was a chop.  He thought about it, and then just moved on to the next hand.  The woman stated that the hand was over now so it nothing could be checked or verified.  I did not keep on w/ my argument as I was not involved in the hand and didn"t feel it was my position to do so, but strangely seat 5 did not either (despite it being for 65% of his chips).  Apart from this the dealers were phenomenal, just thot this was a weird spot.  What should b done in this situation after the hand is finished?  Should I continue to bring-up the mistake or am I right to stay quiet after originally bringing it up?
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »

Firstly, epic tournaments, epic weekend, epic people, epic fun.  A huge thanks to everyone - it was fantastic to put faces to names.

One thing I thought I would bring up (didnt want to as it was the only thing of the whole weekend that was wrong).  We were playing 800/1600 at the end of day 1a.  Think we were table 45 but could be wrong, Laxie had busted from the table about 1hr previous to this.  A young guy in seat 5 gets the lady is seat 8 aipf w/ his A7 vs her A8.  The flop ran out 10 9 2 6 2 and the pot was awarded to the lady with A8.  The dealer scooped the cards b4 I spoke up that it was a chop.  He thought about it, and then just moved on to the next hand.  The woman stated that the hand was over now so it nothing could be checked or verified.  I did not keep on w/ my argument as I was not involved in the hand and didn"t feel it was my position to do so, but strangely seat 5 did not either (despite it being for 65% of his chips).  Apart from this the dealers were phenomenal, just thot this was a weird spot.  What should b done in this situation after the hand is finished?  Should I continue to bring-up the mistake or am I right to stay quiet after originally bringing it up?

It should be the player involved who brings it up, but anyone can.

You announce you think there has been a mistake to the dealer and ask for a ruling. The TD will come over and as long as the flop and hole cards can be agreed upon, the pot will then be re-distributed correctly.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2009, 09:59:59 AM »
We were playing 800/1600 at the end of day 1a.  Think we were table 45 but could be wrong, Laxie had busted from the table about 1hr previous to this.

Blatant brag post IMO

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »

We were playing 800/1600 at the end of day 1a.  Think we were table 45 but could be wrong, Laxie had busted from the table about 1hr previous to this.

Blatant brag post IMO

lol, alas - it was my last level :)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:11 AM »

It should be the player involved who brings it up, but anyone can.

You announce you think there has been a mistake to the dealer and ask for a ruling. The TD will come over and as long as the flop and hole cards can be agreed upon, the pot will then be re-distributed correctly.

Yes, I"m with Paul.  Best for the players involved to mention it, but if no one else picks up on it anyone can bring it up - as it"s the cards that should speak.

If the dealer doesn"t want to know, then ask for the floor to be called.  Even if you"re wrong, there"s no real harm done.  If you"re right, then everyone should be thankful (although the person who was incorrectly awarded the pot initially might not be!).
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »
Yea I think  I shuda pressed a bit harder.  It was def 10 9 2 6 2 so was a 100% split.  Just didnt want to badger on as I figured if the guy who lost the pot wasnt complaining about it, it wasnt my place.  

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2009, 11:29:53 AM »

Yea I think  I shuda pressed a bit harder.  It was def 10 9 2 6 2 so was a 100% split.  Just didnt want to badger on as I figured if the guy who lost the pot wasnt complaining about it, it wasnt my place. 

If the player who should have won half the pot was easy to read, or if the player who got awarded the whole pot was particularly good - then I"d definitely bring it up and get it redistributed. :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »

It affects everyone though in a tournament doesn"t it?

Even in a cash game I speak up here, even though it arguably doesn"t matter to anyone else except those involved.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 17:09:48 PM »
There is cctv on all tables so this dispute would have been easily sorted if the player wronged had wanted to persue it.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2009, 17:13:14 PM »

There is cctv on all tables so this dispute would have been easily sorted if the player wronged had wanted to persue it.

i doubt they would stop the tournament for so long to check a ruling on CCTV.

Only time i have seen CCTV used was after break in the £330 when a guy came back and claimed half his stack disappeared during the break.
Looking forward to making my first day 2