Author Topic: Nick Wright Cashes On World Poker Tour  (Read 3275 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Nick Wright Cashes On World Poker Tour
« on: October 05, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »
Congratulations to APAT member Nick Wright who has made the money in the World Poker Tour event being held currently in Aruba.

Nick, a journalist with WPT Magazine and newly appointed Regional Manager for the APAT Western Region, won his way into the event via an online satellite.

Nick who is short stacked amongst the 50 odd players remaining, will start day three later on this evening and live updates will be available on the internet via  www.pocketfives.com.

Good luck for the remainder of the event!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 23:22:02 PM by APAT »

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT Cash On World Poker Tour!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »
Excellent stuff!

Get it won!
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »

Congratulations to APAT member Nick Wright who has made the money in the World Poker Tour event being held currently in Aruba.

Nick, a journalist with WPT Magazine and newly appointed Regional Manager for the APAT Western Region, won his way into the event via an online satellite.

Nick who is short stacked amongst the 50 odd players remaining, will start day three later on this evening and live updates will be available on the internet via  www.pocketfives.com.

Good luck for the remainder of the event!

He cashed in it last year as well. His mag bought him in last time. WD for qualifying this time and cashing again. Take it down little fella!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 23:46:43 PM »
Unfortunately Nick has exited the event in 51st, but what a superb performance.  This report is from Pocket Fives:

Wright Finishes 51st

Nick "dino_nothing" Wright (left) got the first double up he was looking for, but when he reshoved with JT he ran into a player with AT and couldn"t catch up.

Nick had a solid run in the tournament, with a tough stretch late in the day yesterday that left him short stacked on the money bubble with no chance to really make a move.

After getting an early double at the expense of Chris "brsavage" Savage he was still in need of action.  With one more double up he would have had a more workable stack, but it wasn"t meant to be and Nick is sent to the sidelines with $7,975 to show for his efforts.

Donkbox

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 15:17:15 PM »
Thanks for the support was an incredible tournament to play in. 10,000 chips, 90 minute blind levels (including 75-150  :D). I was on Mike Matusow"s table for most of day one, so my ipod was redundant. I had a good time chatting to him and he regailed us with stories and made some interesting points. For instance he believes the perfect structure for a five day tournament is 75 minute levels, 30,000 chips 25-50 starting level.

I was above average all of day two and looked set to cruise into the money and go deep, then in a mad hour i went from 90k to 13k and was lucky to cash. Bluffed 28k off with 6 high, then with 63 left (54 paid) got moved to a new table. First hand I make it 4.5k to go (800/1600/200) and get 5 callers! Flop Q-2-2, i bet, get smooth called and then raised so that"s another 15k gone. Then two more raises which get called, i miss completly and have to check fold.

So now with less than 40k left i find myself card dead, near the bubble and on a table full of aggressive players who know how to play the bubble and can do nothing about it.