Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO HERE ?  (Read 2170 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
WHAT WOULD YOU DO HERE ?
« on: October 13, 2009, 00:11:52 AM »
These situations occured at last weekend"s Ladbrokes Poker Festival in Killarney.
Tourney is 3-day,550 euro buy-in with 15000 chips and 1-hour levels, starting at 25/25

1.  We are at Level 3 and I am in the SB when it is folded round to the serial-limper to my right who is on the button. He makes it 300 to go and I call for 250 more, making the pot 700, with   ah   qh

Flop comes   qd   ts   4h   and after I check, he reaches down and throws 3 chips into the pot. The dealer announces "3000"  and he nearly jumps out of his seat with shock before syaing "OK then".

Now either he is Sir John Gielgud in a mask or he meant to bet 300 and picked up the wrong chips ! I think it"s the latter so I raise to 6000......and he CALLS !!

Turn comes the  :3c:  and he quickly announces "ALL-IN"

So I have top-pair, top kicker against a guy who I believe was making a weak continuation bet but played it like Stevie Wonder.  Would you call, leaving yourself just 800 behind if you lose, at such an early stage in the tourney ??

Scene two.

Late on day one and my room-mate is moved to my (very active) table, although we don"t acknowledge each other at that stage. He is a good, solid player and has 36k while I am down to around 15k.
A Scottish guy, who likes to see a flop and has around 32k, raises to 850 (150/300 level) and my pal calls in an instant to his left. I look down in the BB at   7s   7c  and call for 550 more, putting 2450 in the middle.

Flop is a lovely  ac   8c   7d  and I bet 1650, which the Scot calls, only for my ex-mate to IMMEDIATELY shove for his whole stack. I am next to act and know that the Scot can do that P..t I am sharing a room with some MAJOR damage.

So then.....what do you put the all-in on........and would you call for your tourney ??

Scene Three
 It"s Final-Table time with 100,000 euros for the winner plus a Carribean Poker Cruise package and it is 8-handed after 25 hours of play over 3 days.
 The guy who is 3rd in chips bets 60k and the chip leader on the SB calls. The BB folds.

Flop comes   ad   js   9h    and the SB bets out 150k. The original raiser makes it 500k and so the chippy shoves and the other guy INSTA-CALLS.

What hand do you think the caller had to insta-call with ??
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO HERE ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
With the first 1

I"m not happy but I"ll probably call.

2nd one I"m all in everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. If it"s a set over set then your supposed to go broke.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO HERE ?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »
once you decide to play hand 1 post mistake you have to go with it, especially after the flop min raise lol.

hand 2 isn"t a decision ever - he probably has a draw

hand 3 - Ax, QT ?????? depends on loads of stuff you haven"t given info for
Looking forward to making my first day 2