Author Topic: S3 APAT National League - Grand Final Discussion  (Read 89521 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: APAT National League - Grand Final Discussion
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2009, 15:54:05 PM »

you clarified it fine!  I would not fold aa against someone from another team- therefore it is a form of soft play or tsctical play- as long as we know this is not against the rules we can do it. It makes sense in a team situation, but not in a pure poker sense. ( the only other situation where it would be sensible is on the bubble in a qualifier). For hte record I would not have done it in the earlier rounds. I just want to make sure that all is above board and that we all know what is acceptable and what isnt.

AGREED...... and ty Leigh, the league has been well run, organised and a lot of fun........ you and the guys have done a gr8 job....... just hope tonight doesnt end up being a 6 hour joke spoiling 9 moths of excellent work........ guess tonight will reveal all...

I hope that won"t be determined by how far your team goes Dan?  

Please remember it is a level playing field for all teams and it is the APAT National Final, so it is a much bigger event than the league stages.  If a team doesn"t get it right tonight, there is no coming back in two weeks time.

Be aware also that several major potential sponsors are viewing this thread and the S4 thread including Blue Square, assessing the value APAT could bring to them next season, so you guys are representing more than just your clubs tonight and I expect the APAT ethos to be carried through to the end. 

No it won"t, and apologies, maybe Joke wasn"t the best word to be used. Just a little concerned that as already pointed out, 2 major factors may come into play

1. if a club has 3/4 of its players on the same table, could prove advantageous....

2. if a player is the only one left from a club, and believes he is playing with no hope of winning anything........

again, i appreciate the difficulty you guys have  and re-iterate the fact that the league has been fantastic fun from start to finish,  and even with the   low buy in i have found myself wanting to put probably more effort into the league events, than in higher stake events that i usually play. i plan on continuing that ethos into tonight and will give 100%.

Thanks Dan.  For what it"s worth, I agree with you on both counts and we offered captains options to avoid both of those scenarios prior to finalising the structure for this evening.  What you"ll play this evening was the almost unanimous decision of the club captains. 

As with everything we do, APAT will look very closely at the way the tournament runs this evening and ensure that we take on board any learnings to continually improve the experiences we give our members.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2009, 16:26:35 PM »
On a shiite note, In Vegas and I cannot get on to BSQ to play the league final "Real money is not possible from your local juristriction" FML

Ok so I will have to see if player number 5 can play on my account or something FML

cue frantic PM"s

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2009, 16:50:54 PM »

On a shiite note, In Vegas and I cannot get on to BSQ to play the league final "Real money is not possible from your local juristriction" FML

Ok so I will have to see if player number 5 can play on my account or something FML

cue frantic PM"s

thanks for letting us know and if apat let you do this then think i would like to know who is playing for you
and you will do anything to get out of sitting to my right

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2009, 17:11:29 PM »
The captain is coming off the subs bench !!

So for you Al easy chips !

Come on the Champions of central league take it down !!

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2009, 17:37:09 PM »

The captain is coming off the subs bench !!

So for you Al easy chips !

Come on the Champions of central league take it down !!

who wins a seat should you win 1 and who points would be removed from the 20% team cut yours or ger  ;)

if you"re allowed to substitute players, can we chop rudders in for someone else???  

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2009, 17:39:28 PM »
We can get hold of one of our players, dont think we can get a sub which sucks!!
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2009, 17:44:24 PM »
Ger cant play cos in Vegas , so i playin on his log in . And we being honest so you know who you are playin against. We could have just not said anything and me played it n e way . We may be a player down to as have not got hold of dominico so if anyone knows him please get in touch with him  

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2009, 18:14:20 PM »
Good luck to the lot of you tonight!!!  I will mostly be in the pub, but might get back in time to rail the final table at some point.  Whatever the outcome, you all did great to get to the final!   :)

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2009, 18:17:58 PM »

We can get hold of one of our players, dont think we can get a sub which sucks!!

I certainly play as a sub for the team tonight but I"m guessing it"s to late to sort out with BlueSq  ???
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2009, 18:26:59 PM »

I certainly play as a sub for the team tonight but I"m guessing it"s to late to sort out with BlueSq  ???

Unfortunately, it is not a Bl Sq problem.  It"s substituting the user, not the Blue Square Player, if that makes sense.

From what I have understood from Kenny, the problem here is not being able to contact the player, so without his consent it"s an unfortunate situation.

However, we all love an underdog, and taking this down with three live players certainly would be a story.  Actually, what if your missing player folded his way into the points.  Now there"s a thought.   ;)

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2009, 18:29:30 PM »
just want to echo the sentiments that any criticism on the posts certainly was not meant as anything but constructive and that the league has been a great experience and as a relative newbie when i started was certainly made to feel welcome and i enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.

Personally im just looking forward to the experience, as the standard of play has been higher than i usually play its certainly helped improve my game and tonight will only serve to benefit

good luck to all

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2009, 18:37:15 PM »
Okay then.  All debating put to one side, we are ninety minutes away from kick-off in the APAT Online National League Grand Final for this season.

For those without access to Blue Square, we"ll try and update what"s going on using this thread.

So, who"s your money on to take this down and bag the four GUKPT seats ?

You"ve got until the 8pm start time to post your predictions for the top 3 clubs.  Anyone that gets all 3 right (in any order) will enter a draw to win a 300 piece poker chipset.

So, who"s your choice for Gold, Silver and Bronze ?

Points are given to the top 20 players.  1 point for 20th and 20 points for 1st.  In the event of a tie, the club with the most points coring players will be ranked higher.  If this still doesn"t resolve it, then the club with the highest scoring individual will be ranked higher.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 18:40:27 PM by Chipaccrual »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2009, 18:37:27 PM »
Belfast Poker Club

5kinem (Colin O"Prey)
Calculator86 (Gerard Harraghy)
martin719 (Martin Rice)
sword11 (Raymond Crowe)

Bristol Poker Club

1vanace (Toby Tallack)
EMSgr8tfl0p (Mark Baker)
mousebob (Bob Bulman)
suz666 (Suzanne Hayward)

Cardiff Poker Club

drowslasher (Darren Shallis)
khazi (Richard Rudling-Smith)
Scandicrusher (Dan Owston)
smileriraq3 (Paul Mcarthy)

Edinburgh Poker Club

abaddon81 (Christopher Kelly)
eastaway (Peter Easy)
GloriousOP (Neil McClory)
Honeybadge (Louis Manson)

Glasgow Poker Club

DrGibb (Kevin Gibb)
M0rethanluck (Craig Rattray)
TheGuy84 (Kenny McKenzie)
TheHibbe (Alan Moodie)

Leeds Poker Club

bigalhx3 (Alan Armitage)
bigredders (Mark Redshaw)
Mikeyboy9361 (Mike Scothern)
nosey-p (Wayne Parker)

Liverpool Poker Club

jimmy6914 (Jamie Edgell)
KINGDOG69 (Andy Kingan)
lubandige (Gerard Smyth) - Sub Steve Bayliff
ruova16b4ifu (Domenico Farelli)

Manchester Poker Club

cooste (Steve Coope)
Mcvic (Chris Vickers)
nyerunwxm (Aneurin Venables)
saint1john (John Steele)

South London Poker Club

Honeycroft (Mike Bodman)
Rabsie67 (Neil Innes)
Spartan13 (Jeldon Fernandes)
timothymagnus (Tim Magnus)

Walsall Poker Club

cincicrappykid (Tony Trippier)
FOYIE1 (Paul Foy)
marcelharry (Marcel Furet)
xxAJDxx (Andrew Duncan)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 19:05:57 PM by Chipaccrual »

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2009, 18:41:05 PM »
Edinburgh
Belfast
Liverpool
Mary Kivlin

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2009, 18:46:12 PM »
Gl all (particulary Glasgow) should be a good game....  :)
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.