Author Topic: S3 APAT National League - Grand Final Discussion  (Read 89395 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT National League - Grand Final Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 22:15:48 PM »

I can see your point here Al (plus all those in agreement). It certainly sems unfair not to get a share of the dough, while muppets like me, not good enough to qualify for the final, get to rake it in.

I think the reasoning behind this decision is that all 4 players have had the chance to play in the GUKPT. This is a prize worth £1060 each and the chance to keep 80% of your winnings.

its like sending out the hunters and when they catch something thet dont get any dinner   :"(

its not like they are hunting in a pack for each other, but an amusing analogy anyway
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 22:28:58 PM »
the only reason i can see why apat say that any of the 4 dont get any of the 20% is that they dont want it to look like they might be playing as a team when they play in the gukpt

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 23:27:10 PM »
easy, if you get the seat, don"t fail
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »
I agree with Al on this one, and actually thought that if I manage to hang on to my 4th spot, that I would come to some "arrangement" with my team mates  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 13:05:17 PM »

I agree with Al on this one, and actually thought that if I manage to hang on to my 4th spot, that I would come to some "arrangement" with my team mates  ;)

This

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 00:58:24 AM »
If any of my lads want to give the GUKPT seat to me after we win them, feel free and we will exchange the winning percentages.....can"t see that happening though somehow.....the exchange that is...NOT us winning.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Rabsie

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 02:00:27 AM »
Could someone please give me a clarification on the qualification for the winning teams?

If 2 players are tied as the 4th best points scorers for any team (as I currently am in South London with MarkyPB) how is the tie broken?

Cheers

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 07:12:47 AM »
I believe it is the person with the most final table"s.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:54:46 AM »

Final Qualification: Players

10 - The top four players in descending order of individual points will qualify to represent their clubs in the National League final.  Where players finish with an equal number of individual points, final team selection will be sorted in the following order:  a)  The player who has scored individual points in the greater number of matches will be deemed to finish ahead.  Should this not separate the players, b) The player who has scored the highest single individual points will be deemed to finish ahead.  Should this still not separate the players, c)  A playoff will be organised between the appropriate players at Blue Square prior to the National League final.

Rabsie

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:30 AM »
That"s great, thank you for your prompt response. And just the answer I wanted to hear too!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »
The thinking behind the prize money allocation is as follows.  If player 1 cashes, but not players 2, 3 or 4, then because they have so many individual points from the league, they will take by far and away the majority of the 20%prize money allocation, leaving little for their team mates.  For that reason their prize is the seat and the opportunity to win 80% of whatever prize money they may win.  It"s in their own hands.So when the 20% is allocated, the points scored by the top four players will be discarded and the prize money allocated in ratio to the remaining points scorers.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 11:08:11 AM »

The thinking behind the prize money allocation is as follows.  If player 1 cashes, but not players 2, 3 or 4, then because they have so many individual points from the league, they will take by far and away the majority of the 20%prize money allocation, leaving little for their team mates.  For that reason their prize is the seat and the opportunity to win 80% of whatever prize money they may win.  It"s in their own hands.So when the 20% is allocated, the points scored by the top four players will be discarded and the prize money allocated in ratio to the remaining points scorers.

Yea, tbf, this makes a lot of sense wen explained!!  Im sure that teams can come up with their own arrangements regardless - so this is certainly the fairest way of doing it!

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
i agree with the original rules as well, whether i win a seat on my team or not.

Let"s face it if you are lucky enough to win the team event and be a member you get a GUKPT seat for free whilst getting to keep a good % of winnings, it is effectively in your hands.

If the 4 team members are to share in each other then they should arrange to swap pieces out of their % prior to start of play.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
Congrats to all winning teams and players.  A lot of players seemed to have connection problems again last nite.  BlueSq seems to b a bit volatile at times but was a good season all round.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »
Des, Leigh, Ian, Neil

Is it possible for a thread to be only seen by a select few?

E.g.  Can you set up a thread for the ten Poker Clubs that only members of that club and access?