Author Topic: Pokerstars.net Million Dollar Challenge TV show  (Read 1741 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Pokerstars.net Million Dollar Challenge TV show
« on: October 19, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
anyone watched this

its a game show around poker with daniel negreanu but works well

1st round contestant plays a celeb and wins a holiday with daniel sitting by the contestant, watching but cant see any hole cards

2nd round is against a pro with daniel seeing the hole cards and giving the contestant advice

3rd round is against daniel himself for 100k - should daniel win the winnings go to his charity

except the the ott amercian tv set up it plays really well and is a good watch
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 12:46:47 PM by LongshanksED »

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
Re: Pokerstars.net Million Dollar Challenge TV show
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 13:19:09 PM »
lol sounds mad wot channel / day is this on
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 13:53:13 PM »
I thot the opposite.

PokerStars have aired it with a view to bringing new players to online poker and for that, it"s going to be a resounding success. It"s def not for the poker player wanting to watch good, exciting poker with top players / amateurs. I found it pretty painful to watch although I do think Dan Negreanu does well to hold it together. The Host is decent and the dealer is dynamite but as a show, no, never again.

And just as Two Months, Two Million started to look up in Episode 8, it went straight back downhill in Ep9. Just one more to go which I WILL force myself to watch seeing as I"ve come this far.

None of these a patch on PAD Cash Game or better yet, High Stakes Poker.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 13:41:04 PM »
Obv HSP and PAD ftw, but I gta say - I really did enjoy 2months 2million!!  This million dollar cash game thing and face the ace, etc = absolute drivel!!!  Aussie Millions cash game is also one of the best online tv shows - esp wen they brought bart hansen in this yr - clearly - gd commentators really help along shows like this.  On tht note - no more AJ Benza in HSP - Bad bad times!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 14:54:56 PM »

no more AJ Benza in HSP - Bad bad times!!

But reports are that it"ll be a hot female player taking his place. I do kinda think we exhausted Gabe"s slaggings of AJ ... we"ll see.