Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2010  (Read 137809 times)

RobGibraltar

Re: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2010
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2009, 21:12:04 PM »
Next years is going to be a 32 day event or held at DTD with a marquee in the carpark...

Ranny

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2009, 21:23:42 PM »
Appreciate a place for PFU (Poker Friends United). Small but high powered. We are open to any that apply but no open door to those searching freerolls or just to cause grief, trolling and spam etc, means we are unmodded in the main with excellent strategy and banter. Any who apply to join from this post would be welcomed.

If any APAT Admin want to check it out please contact me, I"m sure we would come up to standard.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2009, 21:48:17 PM »
Have added you to the potential list Ranny and very much appreciate you wanting to come and play our event. 

APAT is about bringing new players into the game and its hard to promote a closed forum.  I fought for ages to get into another one on the list this evening....needed to find a year old password, then jump through several links and what not to get to the right place.  Found a thriving thread about this event, and I posted on it....to receive a pop up that all posts have to be approved by a mod.  Doh!  

We"ll reg with you and take a look.

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2009, 22:03:21 PM »

Have added you to the potential list Ranny and very much appreciate you wanting to come and play our event. 

APAT is about bringing new players into the game and its hard to promote a closed forum.  I fought for ages to get into another one on the list this evening....needed to find a year old password, then jump through several links and what not to get to the right place.  Found a thriving thread about this event, and I posted on it....to receive a pop up that all posts have to be approved by a mod.  Doh!  

Yeah I got into APAT thru gamblingnetwork forum ( then Gambling.co.uk ). Played in team event last year with them and been posting ever since as well as playing another APAT  event. Most enjoyable live events Ive played in
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

King_Pasty

« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2009, 22:08:32 PM »

I hope that wasn"t ours Des (Fiso) :-[.  I saw you briefly lurking tonight.  There"s 20K members on our Forum so Poker has to stay in poker talk.

Ranny

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2009, 22:15:06 PM »
I understand where you are coming from and you will be approved tomorrow.

We try and promote poker but it takes a lot of modding to get rid of the trolls and our idea is to let anyone join who wants, to push poker forward.

You can post anything you like and it won"t be modded, you will get comments but in a friendly way.

I would appreciate to know what you are looking for in the teams you invite. I could reel off stats about some of our players but that might not be what you are after.

We are looking at opening it up for viewing only to non members, once we get the software right.

The pokernews shoutbox for the WSOPE and the last Aussie millions gives an idea of some of our players.

andysmith35

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2009, 23:43:09 PM »
 We at pokerplayersplace would like to be included. we can be found at [direct link edit - mod] A few of us have played at the last one under UKFF. I sent a mail to Des months ago declaring our intentions to play any other games. Thanks Andy Smith
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 23:50:44 PM by APAT »

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2009, 00:23:42 AM »
Have to say that were the BCPC to miss out on this, you would have several VERY disgruntled players because we advertised places in our team as a reward for finishing in the top 10 in our Season Two.
 I wouldn"t want to be the one who tells Maxine McKinlay that she cost Matt the Season Two Title by knocking him out ........for NOTHING !!
 A cricket box and NFL helmet would be appropriate attire at the next APAT event for you guys, should this situation come to pass !!
 Sleep well.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2009, 00:33:05 AM »

Have to say that were the BCPC to miss out on this, you would have several VERY disgruntled players because we advertised places in our team as a reward for finishing in the top 10 in our Season Two.
 I wouldn"t want to be the one who tells Maxine McKinlay that she cost Matt the Season Two Title by knocking him out ........for NOTHING !!
 A cricket box and NFL helmet would be appropriate attire at the next APAT event for you guys, should this situation come to pass !!
 Sleep well.

....so easily wound up!  Can I just add that if you throw out another mock threat we"ll not give your team an entry and you"ll be the one walking around in the cricket box and NFL helmet, with your boys and Max bouncing their many APAT medals and trophies off of you.  Now go and enjoy your Sky win.  ;)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2009, 01:23:19 AM »
ouch !!!........that one hurt Des.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »

Sleep well.

....so easily wound up!  Can I just add that if you throw out another mock threat we"ll not give your team an entry and you"ll be the one walking around in the cricket box and NFL helmet, with your boys and Max bouncing their many APAT medals and trophies off of you.  Now go and enjoy your Sky win.  ;)

Personally, I think you should decline the entry Des.  (nothing to do with me failing to make the team of course)

ian_distort

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2009, 13:48:04 PM »
Hiya Des,

If there"s room for a Tango Poker League team (ex-Live Poker League who played at last year"s shindig....possibly under the poker.co.uk banner, I really can"t remember), then we have assembled a crack team of devilishly good players who will no doubt fill the entire final table. Either that, or we"ll all get systematically busted by a series of runner-runner straights and flushes that I"ll never hear the end of  ;D

Cheerio,

Ian

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2009, 18:41:22 PM »
If our forum/club were to come out of the hat at decision making time, it would be easy to fill the team with experienced APAT"ers whatever the number 8/10, however I feel that it would be probably be more beneficial to the cause to have a large percentage of the team made up of guys who have yet to be apart of an APAT experience, downside of that of course is that there potential for increasing the number of rivals come clickfest time !, upside is of course more opportunites for car sharing and larger group road trips come season 4. :)

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2009, 19:19:06 PM »
I really dont like the idea of drawing names from a hat. As previously suggested on here I believe an online qualifier is best way to settle this. Anyone got any other ideas?

Just putting it out there......
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2009, 19:24:35 PM »

I really dont like the idea of drawing names from a hat. As previously suggested on here I believe an online qualifier is best way to settle this. Anyone got any other ideas?

Just putting it out there......

I don"t really think that an online qualifier for this type of event will really work. Apart from the logisitics of getting it organised, who gets to play to represent their "forum" or "community".  Is that fair for lower volume sites ?

As has been mentioned before, this is an invitational event and whichever spaces are left up for grabs, everyone that has registered an interest should have an equal chance of getting in.  Just my opinion.......